Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #43
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
Hate to burst your perfect world bubble but its the world we live in. Sadly if you give someone an inch, they'll want a mile and this guy took it for longer than that in that guy's Camaro.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I NEVER EVER leave either of my cars running even if I go in somewhere for a second even in my neighborhood

This for sure, judging by a lot of the necessary feed processes going on just to do a simple call to OnStar from your car. I'm sure there is a mess of encryption just to bring up the option to disable your car's acceleration or even unlock it. For those who use the app to unlock your doors, just look at the time delay. That's not just network delay there is a lot going on between your phone, the server(s) and the computer in your car.
Not bursting my bubble. Never leave my keys in the car. Just surprised at some of the comments towards a fellow Camaro owner.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #44
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1hawk View Post
Not bursting my bubble. Never leave my keys in the car. Just surprised at some of the comments towards a fellow Camaro owner.
Tough love?

I don't know if others feel this but there are a lot of people lacking common sense these days and sometimes its experiences like this will make them learn and if not there's the salt in the wounds if they ever want to look online.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #45
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
What if the Camaro driver was actually going to shoot up the gas station and rob all the money and merchandise? If you think about it, the Camaro thief may have thwarted a massacre from occuring...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #46
Dr. Nat

Drives: 2010 rs, 2012 zl1
They still use on Star to track all vehicles. I own a 07 Equoinox with 100,000 miles on it and GM sent me a notice that I need a 100,000 mile service on it. How do they know I do all my own srevice? Also if you have State Farm Insurance the are in Bed with On Star! I get notices on my 04 Silverado and I am sure I will get them on my ZL1 with 4000 miles on it.
Dr. Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #47
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
The thieve was wearing a hoody.

Just sayin'
And even more thieves wear blue jeans similar to the one your wearing in your sig, should that imply something aswell??
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #48
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Nat View Post
They still use on Star to track all vehicles. I own a 07 Equoinox with 100,000 miles on it and GM sent me a notice that I need a 100,000 mile service on it. How do they know I do all my own srevice? Also if you have State Farm Insurance the are in Bed with On Star! I get notices on my 04 Silverado and I am sure I will get them on my ZL1 with 4000 miles on it.
That is an automated response when your vehicle hits x miles you get a service reminder. Yes that is a form of tracking but it's not like they see you at Wal-mart and ask you what you got. I don't understand why people are so against OnStar. Yes, us gear-heads know when we should service our vehicles but everything these days is being more technology oriented so not to sound rude but you need to get used to it. It's only going to get worse if you don't
Old 07-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #49
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunaka View Post
As someone who was in an accident with Onstar (Hit a deer) you lose complete control of the car when they kill the engine. Had Onstar not killed control of my vehicle I could've stayed on the road. However when you lose complete acceleration and power steering instantly it's brutal.
The demo I read about of the feature showed that OnStar doesn't just kill the engine, but it reduces speed gradually until the car is stopped and the driver has no control of the throttle.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #50
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderSS View Post
The Blaze members are some of the most racist and ignorant MFs I have ever read from.
Am I wrong if I hate racist?
What does this comment have to do with OnStar?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #51
vanlieremead
Chris

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Jewel Red 6.2L Vert
Yes, maybe he left the keys in the car but he's not the villain.
vanlieremead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #52
Whorable MPG1975
I'd rather be Blown.

Drives: 1975 CAMARO 454ciBBC/TKO-600
Your a dumbass for leaving it running in the 1st place... but I am glad he got the car back.
Whorable MPG1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #53
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
no matter what you post here, we are ALL guilty of leaving our cars running atleast once. what about in the winter when you let your car warm up in the driveway? im sure the guy will have problems with insurance co for leaving the keys in it, they may even deny the claim, and make him fight for it.

i will think twice next time i have to run into the store thou...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #54
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
no matter what you post here, we are ALL guilty of leaving our cars running atleast once. what about in the winter when you let your car warm up in the driveway?
Can't say I have, one of the benefits of living in Florida

BUT I'd have to disagree, remote starts and leaving it running are 2 different things. To remote start the doors have to be locked and there isn't a way to get going since you have to insert the key anyway Leaving it running anyone can waltz in and get going if the doors are unlocked.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #55
JoshuaGuit

Drives: Volvo =[
If you're going to steal a car with on star, shouldn't you at least know how to cut satellite connections?
JoshuaGuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #56
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
Came to read the article, watched the hot news reporter.. skeet... skeet.. skeet
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
caliguy is offline   Reply With Quote