Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #29
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Personally, for me - I'd pull out the stops and take the ZL. Turn on the a/c low, crank on some Sinatra tunes, pull up front (or as close as you can get), open the door for her, get back in the car and park it myself where I know I'm comfortable with it. Enjoy dinner.

Bam-done. (Er, at least until you get back home!)
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #30
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
If are going to spend your time worrying about your car, don't take it so you can enjoy your evening worry free.

Last edited by Midnight Rat; 08-07-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #31
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
HOW TRUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
My Daughter took mine to her High School prom. The car is a possession, my Daughter is a treasure.
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!

THE ZL IS A CAR AND THE WIFE IS SOMEONE TO BE TREASURED. TIP THE VALET $20 and park it yourself!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #32
affox83
System Test Engineer

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1011
Valet is fine. I just asked if they can drive anything that has a clutch first. The wife and I went out for her birthday to a great restaurant and they don't have to really drive the car anywhere far so I wasn't worried. 15 minutes later they parked a red Gallardo convertible next to my car.

It was a Jazz game night...gave them a good tip.
affox83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #33
Bargeratt

Drives: ZL1, Rally Yellow
Ok some asked to see how the night went. Well here it goes. I bounced back and forth to the last minute. Thought Mother Nature would decide but all of sudden the sun came out and I said let's take her. Pulled up to the resturant at the valet spot and they had two cones sitting out on a spot right out front. I asked if my car can be put there and the guy said why not. I told him I am very picky about my car so he put a cone in front and behind. Once he opened the door for my wife he came to me for the keys. I handed him a 20 and said I will keep the keys. He said yes sir. So as for the car I never thought of it again. Night was such a success and had a great time plus got to show my lovely wife off in a ZL1. What could be better.
Bargeratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #34
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargeratt View Post
Ok some asked to see how the night went. Well here it goes. I bounced back and forth to the last minute. Thought Mother Nature would decide but all of sudden the sun came out and I said let's take her. Pulled up to the resturant at the valet spot and they had two cones sitting out on a spot right out front. I asked if my car can be put there and the guy said why not. I told him I am very picky about my car so he put a cone in front and behind. Once he opened the door for my wife he came to me for the keys. I handed him a 20 and said I will keep the keys. He said yes sir. So as for the car I never thought of it again. Night was such a success and had a great time plus got to show my lovely wife off in a ZL1. What could be better.

Glad you took care of your "Treasure"!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #35
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargeratt View Post
Cool glad it worked out for you
102SS is online now   Reply With Quote