Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Pfadt ZL spec rear sway installed

Just wrapped up this install and am about to go for a test drive. Everything went smoothly. I ended up removing the rear wheels after giving it a try on ramps...it was just too cramped. No prob with the wheels off. Anyway, here's a few pics
Attached Images

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Are u planning to do the front? If not where did you get just a rear from?

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 08-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Looks sweet! Have you taken it for a test drive yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post

Sent from my 2SS/RS
It is available as a "drag bar". You can get it from Pfadt directly, or we carry them as well. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post

It is available as a "drag bar". You can get it from Pfadt directly, or we carry them as well. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
I never knew that. Which bar makes the most difference, front or back? Should I feel a difference with just the back? Can you PM me a price for the rear bar to 32837.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 08-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
The rear will make the biggest difference, but I honestly would not suggest going with the rear bar alone as the car will be bias to oversteer in hard corners. If the car is just used for going in a strait line, then this is a great bar to choose.

Overall, I would still suggest the front and rear bar for anyone who plans on doing a lot of cornering. A PM is on the way!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post

Sent from my 2SS/RS

See Tyler's response

Quote:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
I did, and I like it. I wasn't really pushing the car, but it did seem to do a little better in the corners. For street driving, I don't know if I'll see a huge difference, but I was also hoping it'd help a little with traction when taking off from a stop. I'm getting some new wheels/tires soon, so I think that'll help a lot!

I also read that the rear bar makes the most difference, so that's why I decided on that one. I've read the install on the front can be a real pain...not really something I want to deal with. The instructions says it's helpful to lift the engine. I don't know, maybe it's not too bad, but messing with the front one sounds like a can of worms I don't want to open

Anyway, overall, this seems like a nice little upgrade. This bar is a heck of a lot beefier than the stock one!

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
The rear will make the biggest difference, but I honestly would not suggest going with the rear bar alone as the car will be bias to oversteer in hard corners. If the car is just used for going in a strait line, then this is a great bar to choose.

Overall, I would still suggest the front and rear bar for anyone who plans on doing a lot of cornering. A PM is on the way!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Hey Tyler,

My car with the solid 27mm on soft and pfadt Z-spec rear on hard still understeers at limits. At our last autox, I can overdrive the slaloms/hairpins and not get the rear to break unless I throttle steer. This is with 275/40 & 315/35 NT05s. If I had a squared setup, it would be more neutral or bias toward oversteer. Squared setup hopefully coming next year w/R888 or NT01.

For now, I am leaving off the Pfadt 1-1/2"(32mm) front bar. The Z-spec bar really made a difference from the inboard mounted style.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Hey Tyler,

My car with the solid 27mm on soft and pfadt Z-spec rear on hard still understeers at limits. At our last autox, I can overdrive the slaloms/hairpins and not get the rear to break unless I throttle steer. This is with 275/40 & 315/35 NT05s. If I had a squared setup, it would be more neutral or bias toward oversteer. Squared setup hopefully coming next year w/R888 or NT01.

For now, I am leaving off the Pfadt 1-1/2"(32mm) front bar. The Z-spec bar really made a difference from the inboard mounted style.
Install the 32mm front bar, they work well together in tango. I was in the same boat. Trust me.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I installed the same bar (rear only) and like it a lot. It's also lighter than stock. It definitely reduced understeer if pushed hard in turns (pulled 1.19 g with DR's). I like the fact you can adjust it so you can preload the rear suspension to help keep the launches nice and straight.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
As a side note, if you run SCCA stock class at the autocross, you can only change one sway bar. Seems like changing the rear bar is the way to go to remain compliant with the rules.
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Install the 32mm front bar, they work well together in tango. I was in the same boat. Trust me.
That would increase understeer and counter to what I am trying to accomplish. The front is a solid adjustable 27mm on soft. The pfadt front is a hollow 32mm. Even on the softest, it is still more stiff than the 27mm. I would prefer moving the adjustment on the 27mm than installing a more permanent stiffer bar at this time.

I am considering it when I go squared r-comps sometime next year. Racing against GTR and EVOs in SM now and I'm the only one on staggered street tires. Trying to get decent PAX times with the wrong car for Solo, but still fun.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
That would increase understeer and counter to what I am trying to accomplish. The front is a solid adjustable 27mm on soft. The pfadt front is a hollow 32mm. Even on the softest, it is still more stiff than the 27mm. I would prefer moving the adjustment on the 27mm than installing a more permanent stiffer bar at this time.

I am considering it when I go squared r-comps sometime next year. Racing against GTR and EVOs in SM now and I'm the only one on staggered street tires. Trying to get decent PAX times with the wrong car for Solo, but still fun.
That's what I thought as well but boy was I wrong. See Pfadt designed their front bar to offer increased stiffness as well as a more neutral cornering ability. Don't get too caught up in this crap about the diameter of the swaybar, the swaybar design plays a huge roll in the setup as well. When I too out the H&R front 28mm solid front bar and installed the Pfadt 32mm front bar the car became even more neutral and at the same time stayed flatter on corners. I afterwards sold the H&R front with no regrets. Car since then corners like a motha, screw BMW M3s I eat them on corners for lunch.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote