Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #281
oldbowtie

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 2013 Regal GS
Got mine...Left, Jack Maxton Chevrolet...had my oil changed, called from the parking lot when it was done, and drove over to Papa John's. The young man was nice...gave me my pizza and asked if he could take a picture of me next too my Camaro. I had my favorite FOOSE t-shirt on and smiled.

This was a cool promo Papa John's...THANKS !!!
oldbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #282
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Drove all the way home to get my car but it was monsooning so I drove my duallie to the Pappa Johns. Did not get a free pizza because I did not drive it but I showed them pictures on my Crackberry and my insurance card, so thay gave me a huge discount. It was not raining at their location. I saw all kinds of super clean 4th gens that I didn't know exsisted in the area.I think it was a really cool promotion. Congrats John for getting your Camaro.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #283
MR. FBDY
FBDY or no Body

Drives: 2010 CGM ZL1 clone/13 Silverado HD
I thought this was great. A fellow camaro owner got denied at his local Papa John's and showed them how he felt.

MR. FBDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #284
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
^^ That's awesome!
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #285
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Well we went an got our "one free pizza per customer, per Camaro" last evening. Was a nice evening for a convertible cruise. Didn't ask for any info, I just pointed to the car in the parking lot. Didn't even occur to me to take pictures or anything. Did see one other Camaro there, a 4th gen black SS (told him about this site).
Only downside I can see to this is now we'll have a half dozen "who got their free pizza" threads for the mod's to merge. There's one already.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #286
S8ER01Z

Drives: Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Dude, if you read the fine print, you can go to as many Papa John's restaurants as you like, as long as they were offering. I went to three pizzarias and they all gave me no trouble at all. I really don't understand your point. I think we all love our Camaros and they aren't "super cars." We get it, but what does getting 2 or more pizzas from this promotion have to do with the rich not wanting Camaros but are upset by the lack of attention their cars receive? Sounds like you need a hug more than a slice of pizza...and maybe a few grammar lessons as well. I have a B.A. in English and am certified to teach high school English? Could I offer you a free lesson my friend?
Congrats on being an English teacher. (Dude?) His point is very valid and after reading a few more recent posts it's obvious that people were taking advantage of the situation. A location near me was just giving away free pizza for 'saying' you had a Camaro. Several cars came and picked up their 'Camaro Pizzas' in Camrys, Minvans, etc. It sounds like some locations were hit harder than others and some people were not able to get a pizza at all. Not exactly what the event was supposed to be about.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #287
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Anyone who got denied could call corporate and they will probably send you a voucher for a free pizza.

BTW, they have about $1 in that pizza they give away.

How do you think that John got rich?
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #288
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
"To redeem, Camaro owners must arrive at their nearby Papa John’s restaurant in their Camaro to order and pick up their free pizza. Limit one pizza per Camaro, and one visit per Camaro."

Well I really don't see where it says I can drive to as many Papa John's stores as I want. That would be:
"To redeem, Camaro owners must arrive at their nearby Papa John’s restaurantS in their Camaro to order and pick up their free pizza. Limit one pizza per Camaro, per store, and one visit per Camaro."
I beleive the spirit of the give-away was for people to recieve ONE free pizza. But I guess this is America where some people take advantage of a situation and ruin a good thing for others. Probably why it was limited to one day only.

And yes it only cost them a dollar per pizza, they don't have to lease a store, pay utilities, pay employees, pay for insurance, etc., etc.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #289
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post
Congrats on being an English teacher. (Dude?) His point is very valid and after reading a few more recent posts it's obvious that people were taking advantage of the situation. A location near me was just giving away free pizza for 'saying' you had a Camaro. Several cars came and picked up their 'Camaro Pizzas' in Camrys, Minvans, etc. It sounds like some locations were hit harder than others and some people were not able to get a pizza at all. Not exactly what the event was supposed to be about.
We talked it out privately. He did explain to me what he meant and it is all cool. No hard feelings at all.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #290
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. FBDY View Post
I thought this was great. A fellow camaro owner got denied at his local Papa John's and showed them how he felt.

That is absolutely PRICELESS!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #291
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:

Ahahahahahahaha! I love the employee in the middle pic trying to shoo the guy away. hahahaha
Old 08-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #292
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Ahahahahahahaha! I love the employee in the middle pic trying to shoo the guy away. hahahaha
Apparently he doesn't know that there's no such thing as stopping mid-burnout!

I hope they liked a little pizza with their burnt rubber. I think as Camaro owners, we should all UNITE nationwide and pull into other pizza places and threaten all kinds of burnouts until we score FREE PIZZA! And then if they don't comply yell out "This is for all those pizzas you delivered BURNT!"

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #293
giod

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 VIN#6621
Now THAT'S Funny!!
giod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #294
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
Quote:

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote