Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
SEXYRED808
Account Suspended

Drives: yellow RS/SS
Thumbs down BAIT-N-SWITCH BY AAC

I CONSTANTLY CHECK BACK ON CAMARO5 AT LEAST 5X DAILY TO SEE WHAT KIND OF NEW PRODUCTS ARE BEING RELEASED AS WELL AS WHATS DEALS ARE OUT THERE. LAST WEEK, SATURDAY 11/27/2010, I CAME ACROSS A THREAD THAT STATED:

T10 LED Bulbs (Used for Interior, Sidemarkers, License Plate, Etc.) Just $6.99/Pair!

SO AS I WENT LOOKING FURTHER I SEEMED TO GET MORE AND MORE HOOKED. IN THE THREAD THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT LINKS, 1 STATES TO BUY NOW CLICK HERE, AND THE OTHER STATES TO SAVE ON SHIPPING COMBINE YOUR ORDER WITH OTHER PRODUCTS AND CLICK HERE. I TRIED LOADING BOTH LINKS MULTIPLE TIMES AND COULDN'T GET EITHER LINK TO LOAD. SO I IMMEDIATELY TRIED CALLING AAC HOPING TO CATCH SOMEONE THERE ON A SATURDAY, NO LUCK. I TRIED CALLING ABOUT 4 DIFFERENT TIMES. I THEN WENT TO THEIR WEBSITE WONDERING IF THE SALE PRICE WOULD BE UPDATED THERE, BUT NO SUCH LUCK, THEY WERE $26.99/PAIR, FAR CRY FROM $6.99/PAIR.

ON MONDAY, 11/29/2010 I CONTACTED AAC FIRST THING IN THE MORNING AND A WOMAN ANSWERED THE PHONE AND I EXPLAINED EVERYTHING THAT I JUST STATED. HER RESPONSE WAS, "SORRY, I DON'T HANDLE THE FORUM POSTINGS, LET ME TRANSFER YOU" I THEN WAITING A FEW MINUTES ON HOLD AND SHE CAME BACK ON THE LINE. SHE THEN WANTED TO CORRECT ME AND TELL ME THAT THEY ARE NOT $6.99/PAIR BUT ARE $26.99/PAIR. I EXPLAINDED THAT THE THREAD STARTED BACK IN MAY OF 2010 AND WAS UPDATED AS RECENTLY AS 11/24/2010 BY AAC. SHE THEN OUT ME BACK ON HOLD. I AGAIN WAITED A FEW MINUTES AND SHE CAME BACK ON THE LINE AND STATED THAT I COULD PURCHASE THEIR 1 L.E.D. 1 CHIP BULBS FOR $6.99/PAIR WITH NO WARRANTY, BUT IF I WANTED THE BETTER BULBS (3 CHIP 3 L.E.D. BULBS WITH WARRANTY) THEY WOULD BE $26.99/PAIR. I TOLD HER THAT THAT WAS A HUGE SWING AND THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS. I REFRESHED HER MEMORY THAT AAC'S ADD CLEARLY STATES:

These bulbs are used through the 2010 Camaro, if you want to upgrade your lighting to LED here is a great opportunity.

These come in a variety of configurations, the 5 LED versions put off 360 degrees of light (ideal for interior lighting). The chip count has to do with intensity, 1 Chip= Bright and 3 Chip= 3x Brightness.

You can order here:
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...eledbulbs.aspx

Save on shipping, pair with other great AAC Camaro Accessories:
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...letcamaro.aspx

SHE THEN SAID THAT I AM READING TOO MUCH INTO IT AND IF I SEND HER A LINK TO THEIR THREAD VIA EMAIL, SHE WOULD HAVE HER INTERNET GUY RE-WORD IT WITH STARTS AT OR DEPENDS ON STYLE AND CONFIGURATION. I STATED THAT THAT WAS FINE AND DANDY, BUT THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. AGAIN, SHE REQUESTED THE LINK TO THE THREAD, AND WASN'T TRYING TO HEAR WHAT I HAD TO SAY. I BECAME SO FURIOUS WITH HER THAT I HUNG UP THE PHONE AND STARTED SEARCHING FOR THIS THREAD. CONVEINANTLY, THE THREAD WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND AFTER HER "INTERNET GUY" GOT INVOLVED. I SEARCHED FOR 35 MINUTES THROUGHOUT CAMARO5 WITHOUT ANY LUCK. IRONICALLY, THE THREAD IS BACK UP TODAY WITH A LITTLE EXTRA WORDING, BUT I DID ALREADY TELL MYSELF THAT I WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT PLAYS GAMES WITH CUSTOMERS AND TRIES TO B.S. THEIR WAY THROUGH THEIR MISTAKES.

HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE A LITTLE HELPFUL FOR THOSE WHO WERE ON THE FENCE, DECIDING WETHER OR NOT TO CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH AAC, YOU KNOW MY STANCE.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Going to be honest here. I got about 3 sentences into your post and gave up. Why is it all in caps? Are you yelling?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
CleanCutCreations

Drives: 2010 camaro
Your caps lock has been on since your posting on 11/12.....Please turn it off. Use it sparingly. I checked your other recent posts. All Caps....probably not your fault. On the 'net it just looks like you are yelling. Take a breath and try it again and maybe more folks will listen...My $.02....
Old 11-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Where's the link to the thread?
Old 11-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Give the caps lock a rest.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
I constantly check back on camaro5 at least 5x daily to see what kind of new products are being released as well as whats deals are out there. last week, SATURDAY 11/27/2010, I came across a thread that stated:

T10 LED Bulbs (Used for Interior, Sidemarkers, License Plate, Etc.) Just $6.99/Pair!

So as I went looking further I seemed to get more and more hooked in the thread, there are 2 different links, 1 states to BUY NOW CLICK HERE, and the other states TO SAVE ON SHIPPING COMBINE YOUR ORDER WITH OTHER PRODUCTS AND CLICK HERE. I tried loading both links multiple time and couldn't get either links to load. So I Immediately tried calling AAC hoping to catch someone there on SATURDAY, no luck. I tried calling about 4 different times. I then went to their website wondering if the sale price would be updated there, but no such luck,they were $26.99/PAIR, far car from $6.99/pair.

ON MONDAY, 11/29/2010 I contacted AAC first thing in the morning and a woman answered the phone and I explained everything that I just stated. Her response was, "Sorry, I don't handle the forum postings, let me Transfer you" I then waited a few Minutes on hold and she came back on the line. she then wanted to correct me and tell me that they are not $6.99/PAIR but are$26.99/PAIR. I explained that the thread started back in may of 2010 and was updated as recently as 11/24/2010 by AAC. She then out me back on hold. I again waited a few minutes and she came back on the line and stated that I could purchase their 1 L.E.D. 1 chip bulbs for $6.99/PAIR with no warranty, but if I wanted the better bulbs (3 CHIP 3 L.E.D. BULBS WITH WARRANTY) they would be $26.99/PAIR. I told her that, that was a huge swing and that was absolutely ridiculous. I Refreshed her memory that AAC'S add clearly states:

These bulbs are used through the 2010 Camaro, if you want to upgrade your lighting to LED here is a great opportunity.

These come in a variety of configurations, the 5 LED versions put off 360 degrees of light (ideal for interior lighting). The chip count has to do with intensity, 1 Chip= Bright and 3 Chip= 3x Brightness.

You can order here:
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...eledbulbs.aspx

Save on shipping, pair with other great AAC Camaro Accessories:
http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...letcamaro.aspx

She then said that I am reading too much into it and if I send her a link to their thread via email, she would have her Internet guy re-word it with starts at or depends on style and configuration. I stated that, that was fine and dandy,but this is false advertisement. again, she requested the link to the thread, and wasn't trying to hear what I hand to say. I became so furious with her that i hung up the phone and started searching for this thread. Conveniently, the thread was no where to be found after her "INTERNET GUY" got involved. I searched for 35 minutes throughout CAMARO5 without any luck. ironically, the thread is back up today with a little extra wording, but I did already tell myself that I would never do business with a company that play games with customers and tries to B.S. their way through their mistakes.

Hopefully this will be a little helpful for those who were on the fence, deciding wither or not to conduct business with AAC, you know my stance.

================================================== ===

Hope that makes it easy to read!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Hard to read in all caps. Sorry - you can use bold if you have a hard time seeing what you 've typed and it makes it easier for us to read.
Thank you for the warning about a possible scam.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Hope that makes it easy to read!
LOL, thanks. Interested in knowing how you did that, but thanks.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Sometimes people make typos... I think it was just a mistake. Happens everyday.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #10
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
What's the big deal about the CAPS? Jeez people chill out.. Why would all CAPS bother you??? Stop getting so butt hurt about little $hit....
Old 12-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #11
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Because it gets annoying.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:55 AM   #12
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
If you think that caps stink. You should check out my spelling sometimes.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #13
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
AAC does have a good warranty on all there stuff though and there quick & easy to deal with right here in the good old USA.
i guess i missed that sale

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.

Last edited by klatterblast; 12-01-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
waste of a thread over $20. maybe you just misinterpreted the OLD thread. a simple PM to AAC or a phone call would clear it up for you. now that you have the facts straight what is the point of this thread?

i have the 3 chip AAC bulbs in my interior and license plate lights and they are a great addition. when i open the door at night and people look in, the first thing they notice is the lighting.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011

Closed Thread