Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
Hoffy

Drives: Imperial blue 2010 Camaro 2SS
Question 18 years old and a new 2SS

First off, I'm new to the forums, the name's Josh, hopefully everyone here can help me with my new SS if problems ever arise

So I'm 18 years young and currently drive a 1982 Trans Am, completely illegal here in California performance wise. Corvette engine, fully built, full cage, racing seats and 3 inch 5 points. I run nitrous on my daily driver and I'm used to big horsepower. Recently a carburetor issue put her out of comission for a while, plus i have to smog it and she will NOT ever pass. Also with the rainy season here, I don't want to ride my motorcycle because it gets pretty slippery. I figured it's time for an upgrade

So I own an original 1968 SS. Its all numbers matching in the original gold color from the factory, Original Supersport with 71,000 Original miles. I love this car. Everything about it is beautiful. The interior is flawless, and its a real trip to drive because it takes you decades back in time. With all the hype of the new camaros coming out, I thought it would cool to check one out and see just how similar (if anything) the new Camaro was to my 68.

Now there isnt anything exactly the same as the old, but i LOVE how GM brought back the original style. I see a lot of things similar to my 68, Mainly the 4 auxillary guages in front of the stick. Super Clean IMO. So I'm looking at this Black SS at the dealership and the salesman comes out, talks to me and hands me the keys for a test drive. I didnt know what to expect, but I got was absolutely amazing. The car has some serious kick to it and I love the rumble at idle. After doing some research, I decided to buy one.

I just picked up my new SS today. Imperial Blue Metallic with white stripes, 2SS and the RS package (Love the HID's and Halo's)

I bought the car myself, no parental funding needed. I think I'm doing pretty well..? Im SO stoked about this car. Very unique and stands out in a crowd! The performance and handling is great for a heavy road warrior like the Camaro.

HOWEVER. Although the 426 horses under my hood is alot, it's not enough, and she's too quiet for me. What are some simple bolt ons to help uncork this monster? Anyone have any experience with Axle-backs? Cat-backs? How about an intake? Thanks in advance, and greetings fellow Camaro drivers!!
Old 12-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i am 18 with a 1ss/rs nice bro!!
Old 12-28-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
SamIyam

Drives: 2010 1SS
I'd love to see some pics of the Trans Am... and you just GOTTA share pics of your '68!

Sam
Old 12-28-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
hey man thats great to hear! Im 18 and own a 2LT/RS, i also ride a 1000cc vtwin sport bike and always have people saying."You can't handle that!" Well i guess i proved them wrong for the past 2 years! Honestly, i dont think i could ever live without HIDs ever again.
That 68 sounds gorgous...any pics?
Oh and Welcome to the family
Old 12-28-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
Hoffy

I'll get some pics up soon. I need to bust out the digital camera and read up on how to upload photos. Probably in the next day or two
Old 12-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
first off, POST PIX OF BOTH YOUR DAMN CARS...please

2nd..good luck..

3rd..if u dont mind me askin, how do u manage to afford both of those amazing machines..im 24 and people question how i can afford the 2SS i have on the way.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #7
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
nice bro.. i want to see that 68 im 18 and have a 2SS/RS also, white and IOM stripes and interior

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
Old 12-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
Hoffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
first off, POST PIX OF BOTH YOUR DAMN CARS...please

2nd..good luck..

3rd..if u dont mind me askin, how do u manage to afford both of those amazing machines..im 24 and people question how i can afford the 2SS i have on the way.
I work full time, I'm a technician for AT&T. My Trans Am is fully paid for 9And i did the work on the motor upgrades, not some shop), the 68 ss is paid for and so is my 2006 Yamaha R1. So really I don't have any payments for anything except my phone and insurance and gas. Also my Trans Am gets HORRIBLE gas milage so the camaro is going to help with those expenses. I make PLENTY to cover my payments and still have extra money to kick around after the bills are paid. I'll get pics up asap for you guys
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #9
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Why are you asking us about bolt ons if you did your own work on a nitrous spewing, covette motored super firechicken?

Sorry I am just jealous that a young dude makes more money than me :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #10
Hoffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
Wow..
You're an 18 year old AT&T Technician affording that much crap?
Nice.
Haha thanks. Hey btw if that's your Camaro in your signature, thats friggin sweet. props
Old 12-28-2009, 01:21 AM   #11
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
damn u dudes are crazy! im 18 too and will be happy with an LS lol i thought i was badass 16 with a charger but man!... must be nice to be rich lol well at least you guys dont live in loser new mexico lol im a legend(in my age group) because my youth and how nice my car is
Old 12-28-2009, 01:22 AM   #12
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffy View Post
I work full time, I'm a technician for AT&T. My Trans Am is fully paid for 9And i did the work on the motor upgrades, not some shop), the 68 ss is paid for and so is my 2006 Yamaha R1. So really I don't have any payments for anything except my phone and insurance and gas. Also my Trans Am gets HORRIBLE gas milage so the camaro is going to help with those expenses. I make PLENTY to cover my payments and still have extra money to kick around after the bills are paid. I'll get pics up asap for you guys
How'd you get a job as a tec at 18 did you graduate college at 12 lol
Old 12-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #13
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
Yeah... cost me a whopping $45,000+ with taxes included x.x.... Should've just gone for a corvette or something but I just fell in love with the camaro.
what work field are you in? your all ballin! we fly high no lie
Old 12-28-2009, 01:26 AM   #14
Hoffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
damn u dudes are crazy! im 18 too and will be happy with an LS lol i thought i was badass 16 with a charger but man!... must be nice to be rich lol
Hey, hey. I work my ass off to pay for what I have lol. Determination and hard work will get you a nice ride as well! And you have a charger, youre set! Babes like the shiny stuff

Closed Thread