Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
Cost of Your Nitrous setup?

Had this in the forced induction section but didnt get anything... Just wondering on the cost and installation of your nitrous setup.??
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
MiracleAces

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
Dont do it.

"Being persistant and never giving up may not always get the job done, but it just may annoy someone else enough to make it worth your while."
MiracleAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Question I would be asking first is 'what kind of success have V6 owners had running nitrous?'. I would be very careful with anything over a 75 shot.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Cost before or after the motor explodes?
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Amarr014
BAD BEE

i was just gonna run a 75 shot... I have been reading in the forced induction v6 section and motors havent been exploding...
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Old 07-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
VaderSS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6sp
Cost will depend on a number of factors, including the level of protection/safety you wish to provide for your motor. Window switch (activates the spray at wide open throttle within a specified rpm range)...interior pressure gauge and possibly air/fuel gauge. Basic systems can be purchased new for $400-$500. Accessories add up quickly. Remote bottle opener is around $180. Nano pressure system will nearly double the base cost, but it provides always-available spray (instead of waiting for the bottle to heat up to proper pressure). Tuning with a wideband air/fuel monitor is a must. Tune alone could run $500 with dyno time. I havent had a car with nitrous for a couple of years, but nitrous refill prices were rising at that time ($4/pound).

Seek out some help on a nitrous specific forum. Most people who warn you away have zero personal experience. I ran a 125 dry shot on my LS1 for years with no issues whatsoever. Find someone local who is in-the-know.
VaderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
you could ask balls, sure he would love to help. o wait nvm
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSS View Post
Cost will depend on a number of factors, including the level of protection/safety you wish to provide for your motor. Window switch (activates the spray at wide open throttle within a specified rpm range)...interior pressure gauge and possibly air/fuel gauge. Basic systems can be purchased new for $400-$500. Accessories add up quickly. Remote bottle opener is around $180. Nano pressure system will nearly double the base cost, but it provides always-available spray (instead of waiting for the bottle to heat up to proper pressure). Tuning with a wideband air/fuel monitor is a must. Tune alone could run $500 with dyno time. I havent had a car with nitrous for a couple of years, but nitrous refill prices were rising at that time ($4/pound).

Seek out some help on a nitrous specific forum. Most people who warn you away have zero personal experience. I ran a 125 dry shot on my LS1 for years with no issues whatsoever. Find someone local who is in-the-know.
Great Post...
Old 07-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #9
Amarr014
BAD BEE

ya i contacted a couple racing stores in my area and then some in the area of my college (not nearly as upscale) and i got a few different quotes... i am def gonna go with the safety features as this is my daily drives... i was huge into offroading but needed a more suitable vehicle for internships and med school... but i love vehicles...... and have found a new calling to going fast in a straight line! being a college student i just cant swing 7 grand for turbos or SC's so a 75 shot seems to be a great fit.... i am not gonna name company names but from alpharetta Ga (hometown) i got 2200 quoted and then from little ole deland florida i got 1100 installed
Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
Question I would be asking first is 'what kind of success have V6 owners had running nitrous?'. I would be very careful with anything over a 75 shot.
We have been getting major success with nitrous. Most are running 100-125shot. These v6's love the juice!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
For 2200, you better have ALL the bells and whistles and a lot of dyno time. Lol.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #12
Matic

Drives: 2011 Summit White LS
speaking of nitrous, when the hell is Balls' suspension over? That guy was a legend
Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleAces View Post
Dont do it.
Ever ran Nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
Ever ran Nitrous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Cost before or after the motor explodes?
Ever ran Nitrous?
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #14
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSS View Post

Nice Post. There are a lot of options for parts, systems, and tuners now. More than ever before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarr014 View Post
ya i contacted a couple racing stores in my area and then some in the area of my college (not nearly as upscale) and i got a few different quotes... i am def gonna go with the safety features as this is my daily drives... i was huge into offroading but needed a more suitable vehicle for internships and med school... but i love vehicles...... and have found a new calling to going fast in a straight line! being a college student i just cant swing 7 grand for turbos or SC's so a 75 shot seems to be a great fit.... i am not gonna name company names but from alpharetta Ga (hometown) i got 2200 quoted and then from little ole deland florida i got 1100 installed
What parts? What system? Who's tuning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
We have been getting major success with nitrous. Most are running 100-125shot. These v6's love the juice!
Most platforms do! Just a question of using the right parts and the right tune up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
For 2200, you better have ALL the bells and whistles and a lot of dyno time. Lol.
A lot depends on what your looking at. We have systems alone that easily clear 1000$ for the base system. Way over kill for the cars in question, but there is a lot of the nitrous world (The Dark Side) that most never see or get to be apart of.
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote