Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #43
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Hey, hey, hey... beside the fact that NOBODY should text while driving, I think you're better off with one of us "old white men" with decades of driving experience texting than some teenager who might have a couple of years experience behind the wheel. Who gets in more accidents? I'm betting on the teenager (girl or boy).

LOL. I'm an "old white man" and I think we should know better. I expect the the teenage girl to make bad decisions. Besides I wouldn't trust the reflexes of most of my fellow "old white men", at least not the ones that live around me.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #44
trekmanone

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by julio820 View Post
Don't take it back. Have then total the car and buy an ss . That's what u did. After getting t bone and 16k in damages my insurance decided to totaled my 2LT and payed me 27500 for a 2011 2LT with 19k miles 3 months ago
Thanks. How does one convince an auto insurance company to total the car ...after... fixing it? I'm not getting it. Allstate stated damage has to be 80% of value to total it... These cars are ~$30K. Am I missing something? You guys all have be worried about keeping it now...

I've already started to look at 2013 2LT...
Roto-Fab oil filler S/S cap
Colgan front bra
DefenderWorx chrome side vent inserts
JL Audio XD400 amplifier
trekmanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #45
trekmanone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
No air bag deployment?? Well that's reassuring . So you get rear ended at 40-45 mph and not a single airbag goes off ? Guess thats a good place to start if you want the car to loss some weight , cause they are not doing much else sounds like . Glad your ok , No thanks to the Air bags
It seems our [Camaro] air bags system is designed for frontal and side hits only. I guess they figure that amazing seat will be the "air bag" for the rear. Even my Corvette buddies say Camaro puts in such a nice seat compared to the Vettes...
Colgan front bra
JL Audio XD400 amplifier
Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #46
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Thats okay, though. When I drive vehicles, I like to feel like I am driving substance. Part of the reason why I love camaros so much, because they are smaller but aren't little. I feel more comfortable in something smaller than my truck, but definitely don't want to be driving around a miata or something tiny.
Again... totally agree. When I was working and traveling a lot (by car - f*&# the NSA) I had a '07 Civic. Great car, very spunky, 38-40 mpg highway, but pretty scary when cruising next to an 18 wheeler. Not so with the Camaro.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #47
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
LOL. I'm an "old white man" and I think we should know better. I expect the the teenage girl to make bad decisions. Besides I wouldn't trust the reflexes of most of my fellow "old white men", at least not the ones that live around me.
I guess it depends on how old you're talking about. I'm 60 and I'm pretty sure anyone under 40 would put me in the "old white man" category. [Little do they know how soon it catches up to you]
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #48
trekmanone

Well Allstate refuses to consider totaling my Camaro... but suggested pursuing a diminished value claim against State Farm.

Any of you guys out there successfully won this kind of claim? What were reasons for your success?

Background:
2011 Camaro 2LT w 12,000 miles, mint condition, lot's of extras. $15,000 in repairs.

Thanks
Colgan front bra
JL Audio XD400 amplifier
Old 08-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #49
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Hows your neck? *Wink Wink* Im sick of these people not respecting the privelidge of driving and putting other lives at risk
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #50
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Honestly, not as bad as I was expecting to see, sucks though.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #51
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
I'll take those bezels off your hands. Doesn't look like you need them. Sorry about the car!
If you happen to need chrome bezels I have my stock ones in good condition, no broken tabs.

Sorry OP for the accident. I feel for you, I've been in two rear end accidents in the past year. Not a good feeling at all.

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #52
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Don't think chick is politically correct
true - he should have called that broad something else.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #53
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
(edit: the ^ is for post 49).
^ that's what I was implying in my original post asking how banged up he was...

I've heard it said - any rear end job like that you go to the hospital. I agree with this because my aunt was in an accident like that and wasn't the same her entire life. You need to be checked out by a doc.

2nd edit: Not in any way condoning insurance fraud. Just making sure one is properly taken care of.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #54
IowaGuy

Drives: 2013 Cyber Gray Metallic Chevy Volt
Is it just me or are there a lot of "...and airbags didn't deploy" posts lately?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #55
trekmanone

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGuy View Post
Is it just me or are there a lot of "...and airbags didn't deploy" posts lately?
After checking, the Camaro air bag sensing system is for front and side collisions only. Those awesome seats of ours & head rest I guess is the "rear air bag" sensor.
Colgan front bra
JL Audio XD400 amplifier
Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #56
trekmanone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
(edit: the ^ is for post 49).
^ that's what I was implying in my original post asking how banged up he was...

I've heard it said - any rear end job like that you go to the hospital. I agree with this because my aunt was in an accident like that and wasn't the same her entire life. You need to be checked out by a doc.

2nd edit: Not in any way condoning insurance fraud. Just making sure one is properly taken care of.
Thanks. I did feel weird and sore for 2-3 days and went to doctor for a concussion assessment. He said you're fine... just got your brains rattled a bit. I'm not trying to sue when suing not valid. Enough of that in America as it is...

I am pursuing diminishing value claim though against her insurance company.
Colgan front bra
JL Audio XD400 amplifier