Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
New Suspension Parts!

Hi Camaro5 Forum Members!

I just wanted to introduce myself and Pfadt Race Engineering to everyone here! We're very excited about the new Camaro!

Pfadt Race Engineering produces suspension components for the C5 and C6 Corvettes currently and we're excited about or new Camaro program. Our products are engineered for each specific application meaning they aren't adapted from one application to the other. Here are the sway bars we will have available for the new Camaros

We have taken our unique sway bar technology from our Corvette Performance Suspension line and incorporated it into sway bars specifically engineered for the 5th Gen Camaro. These bars are 100% made in the USA. They are constructed from the highest quality materials including Chromoly mandrel bent tubing, 7075 Aluminum rear 3 way adjustable arms and custom adjustable endlinks. The adjustability will allow you to fine tune the handling of your car for your specific driving style. This combination is race proven to increase performance.

We're also in the final stages of prototyping our Coil Overs for the new Camaro and they will offer adjustable ride height independent of spring pre-load as well as adjustable dampening. The spring and damping package will be set up specifically for the Camaro.

We have a lot of great products being developed for this new platform. Please feel free to call or email us anytime with product questions or request!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
Nice, any idea on pricing and how thick exactly these will be over stock?

The rear sway bar will probably be my first mod.

I hate cars that understeer when being pushed.
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
gunslinger

Drives: 1998 Z28 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrew View Post

I just got done reading Chassis Engineering by Herb Adams and he does an EXCELLENT job of explaining how all the suspension parts work together to produce a great handling car.

It is a must read for anyone who intends to race their car in any fashion, from drag to HPDE to full on RR and actually will help in the ground-up build process of a good handling race car.

I was surprised to learn that increasing the stiffness of the rear sway bar will actually reduce the understeer when turning in(although all of his theories were based on a car with 50/50 weight distribution)!

This makes me want to get a bigger bar for the rear on my 4th Gen.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
As soon as you get more info and prices up. I'll add it to my thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14723
Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrew View Post

We're still working on final pricing and they will be sold as a set, we may have a rear only option for drag racing. In our experience having a good balance front to rear makes a huge difference. Having the ability to adjust the rate will allow you to dial in oversteer as well as understeer. I personally like a neutral set up.

The sway bars for the Gen 5 Camaro will be available in 2 rates, a Street and Comp set. The streets will be about 2x stiffer and the Comps about 3x stiffer (compared to the SS). The front bars will be both be 32mm (with different wall thicknesses) and the rears will be 26mm and 32mm respectively.

The FE3 (SS) bars from the factory are both 23mm.

Please feel free to call or email us anytime! We're very excited about the new Camaro and we look forward to helping everyone with your suspension needs as well as questions!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
As soon as you get more info and prices up. I'll add it to my thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14723
We appreciate that!!! We're hoping to have some finalized pricing next week and we'll get it on our website!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
niteriderc5

Drives: 99 C5
Nice job guys! Anyone curious about the company or products just check out the vette forums..lotta happy owners