Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #1
Alex.

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss, 95' s14
Exclamation Muffler Delete In Socal???

-So I've been looking at this for a couple of days now but after watching videos I would like to hear them in person. I'm just curious to hear them in person. If I like it, I'll probably do it. If I don't, I'll just leave the car alone... for now. I would like to get a Borla catback but I have other priorities rite now and deleting the mufflers is really cheap(as in $$) to do.

-So if anyone has done this to their car and live in Socal maybe we can meet up.
Alex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #2
2Sleepy
SoCal Camaro Invasion

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls
Come out to our next meet bro we have a few guys that have a muff delete on their ss sounds pretty good IMO ..
2Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #3
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I would just stick with cut of muffles until you get some headers one day. I spent lots of money just to find out that muffler deleted was just fine.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Welcome aboard, Alex.

Where in OC are you? There's a couple of us in the area and I'm sure one of us has a muffler delete. May this doge help you on your travels:

Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
I have a muffler delete im located in san diego, I absolutely love the sound it produces and until i figure out what I want to do for an exhaust its more than perfect
Old 02-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #6
Alex.

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss, 95' s14
I'm located by the 405/55 area.

Some of you guys are really far... San Diego is like an hour and 30 drive.
I was hoping for like at least 30 minute drive! Lol.

I'll be sure to take that doge with me, in my travel to find someone with
their muffler's deleted. ��
Alex. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
Rigzo510

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls3
I am installing my full magnaflow catback exhaust this weeknd and taking off the magnaflow comp axleback (muffler delete with 5" tips) if you are interested
Old 02-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
-So I've been looking at this for a couple of days now but after watching videos I would like to hear them in person. I'm just curious to hear them in person. If I like it, I'll probably do it. If I don't, I'll just leave the car alone... for now. I would like to get a Borla catback but I have other priorities rite now and deleting the mufflers is really cheap(as in $$) to do.

-So if anyone has done this to their car and live in Socal maybe we can meet up.
Got a SLP Loudmouth muffler delete and it sounds NICE, makes me just want more so next is headers! I'm more for actual brand muffler deletes rather than shop bent pipes simply because if a cop pulls you over you can bs and say that you have 50 state legal "resonators" lol. Cost me about 450 for parts and install!

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #9
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
I'm located by the 405/55 area.

Some of you guys are really far... San Diego is like an hour and 30 drive.
I was hoping for like at least 30 minute drive! Lol.

I'll be sure to take that doge with me, in my travel to find someone with
their muffler's deleted. ��
Oh okay, you're like in the Costa Mesa/Tustin/Irvine area. I think there are a few members in the South Bay area (Torrance) that have muffler deletes, but I can't think off the top of my head if anybody in OC has a muffler delete.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #10
cslee0811

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Oh man! I knew I should've recorded mine. So I started off with High Flow Mid-pipes w/ cats and a Magnaflow catback w/ x pipe. I wanted it louder. So I cut out the cats. Sounded nice but the smell of fuel was overwhelming in the car. I put them back on and did a muffler delete. Man... it was so loud!!! The popping when I was slowing down was too much for me. And I got too many complaints since I live in an apartment and I park in an underground garage. Way too many alarms were being set off. So in the end I put my factory cats back on but kept the muffler delete. Almost sounds stock but a little more aggressive...
cslee0811 is offline   Reply With Quote