Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 03-14-2016, 02:00 PM   #29
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
That's great news. So you really did have a few cylinders deactivated. lol.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:17 PM   #30
6th Gen SS
LT-Won!

Drives: USB ISF 5.0
I test drove a manual lt1 and it idled smooth. The A8 had a bit of a mis in the idle at cold start/idle. Accelerated smoothly however. After a long test drive, the engine idled perfectly smooth.
6th Gen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #31
LoJac963

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
That's great news. So you really did have a few cylinders deactivated. lol.
lol I guess so, no wonder the fuel economy was so good

I can't believe how relieved I am!
LoJac963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:48 PM   #32
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963 View Post
Problem solved!!

I decided to take the plunge and start checking things under the hood. Really didn't want to be without the car in the shop. All harness plugs seemed fine, air filter and MAF was fine.

THEN........

I started checking plug wires. Cylinders 2 and 6's plug wires I barely touched and they fell off the spark plugs. Reinstalled them correctly and literally every issue has stopped.

Car idles so smooth you wouldn't even know it was running, acceleration is ridiculous and throws you back in the seat, all the shifting issues are gone.

To think we almost took the thing back to the dealership today. So happy it was a quick fix!

Again thanks for all the help guys!

Glad to hear it. Dont they plug in pretty snug? How do you think they came loose?
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:31 PM   #33
LoJac963

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Grey
I have no clue. I think a combination of the car being transported from Lansing, Mi to Detroit since she hopped a train with a load of Volts. Then got to AZ where she was trucked to the dealership. A combo of multiple moves and a poor final inspection would be my thought.

I doubt they even inspected it. We waited 40 days for this car to arrive, had bought it before we even saw it. It was the only nightfall with black wheels and bowties anywhere which is why we did the deal without laying eyes on the car. We were told it would arrive in less than 2 weeks which turned into 40 days, we were getting pretty ticked off. I wouldn't doubt if the final inspection was half arsed just so they could call and tell us the car was ready.

Either way, luckily it was an easy fix. Everything else under there was nice and snug so hopefully that's the first and last of the issues until some major miles are put on her.
LoJac963 is offline   Reply With Quote