Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 03-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #1
dreamingat30fps

Drives: 2016 2SS
Transmission fluid leak

I posted in the main forum but figured I would post here so I can update it.

Anyways had car for 2 days and it started leaking transmission fluid. Took it in on Saturday (had picked it up last Wednesday) and they say one of the lines was leaking and they needed a part. Parts was closed Sunday so they would deal with it on Monday. However they said it was unsafe to drive and I should leave it.

It's now Tuesday and apparently no one has the part. GM is trying to get the part but I still have no ETA on when I will get my brand new car back.

In the mean time I have a fleet Chevy pos to drive around that reminds me of the cars which were the reason I never even considered chevy in the past.

As someone who has owned nothing but German and Japanese cars in the past this is not a very good sign of things to come.

The best part as if that wasn't bad enough my gf also just recently traded her car for a Cadillac which has its own issues and is at the same dealer as mine.

Went from not owning a single GM product to owning 2 both of which are at the dealer.
dreamingat30fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:31 PM   #2
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
That sucks...but trust me, GM hs come a long way from years ago, still things that piss me off about them, but their cars and quality are very good. I have bought nothing but GM, my last 3 or 4 GM vehicles have been very good quality wise, hopefully something simple. Parts should be available even though this is a new generation, no excuses!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #3
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
That sucks...but trust me, GM hs come a long way from years ago, still things that piss me off about them, but their cars and quality are very good. I have bought nothing but GM, my last 3 or 4 GM vehicles have been very good quality wise, hopefully something simple. Parts should be available even though this is a new generation, no excuses!
The cars maybe fine but their complete lack of anything resembling customer service from the franchised dealerships to the supposed higher up's prove they just don't give a crap. Sure, if the half dozen issues like the nav/audio/npp/rpm's climbing for no reason/hood alignment etc were fixed with the available and in the pipe fixes and the car had arrived without a dozen or more defects in the paint it would be a really nice car. Our '12 silverado ltz cc was flawless, never had a single issue. We understand things happen but lying about things is not the way to solve the issue. Doing so and expecting their customers to be stupid and/or lazy really speaks volumes as to how far they have not come.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
dreamingat30fps

Shit happens I get it, if I would of gone in Saturday and they said ok its leaking from so and so line we will get it taken care of Monday, it would of been a none issue. However they can't even give me an ETA on when I may possibly have my brand new car back.

In the meantime I get to pay for a $40k+ Camaro and drive around in a cop car. Honestly I don't think it's the dealers fault, if they have to get the part from GM and GM isn't providing them with any info then there's not much they can do.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:02 PM   #5
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I'm surprised they have not hit you with the good old, "It's on backorder." line.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:19 PM   #6
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Shit happens I get it, if I would of gone in Saturday and they said ok its leaking from so and so line we will get it taken care of Monday, it would of been a none issue. However they can't even give me an ETA on when I may possibly have my brand new car back.

In the meantime I get to pay for a $40k+ Camaro and drive around in a cop car. Honestly I don't think it's the dealers fault, if they have to get the part from GM and GM isn't providing them with any info then there's not much they can do.
That is part of the problem with a new car. Parts. Most of the parts are being built to go to the plant. They literally have to pull parts off the floor if they are in low stock to get them to dealers.

The strange part is that no one at the dealer tried to just fix it. I wonder what was actually wrong with the line.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #7
dreamingat30fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
That is part of the problem with a new car. Parts. Most of the parts are being built to go to the plant. They literally have to pull parts off the floor if they are in low stock to get them to dealers.

The strange part is that no one at the dealer tried to just fix it. I wonder what was actually wrong with the line.
Me neither and it seemed it was some kind of line how unique is that really? Did they build a special line or linkeage just for the gen6? Seems odd to me.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #8
dreamingat30fps

Update supposedly someone at GM has "hands on" the part which had to be taken from the assembly line. I'm being told the car would be ready by Friday at the latest.

Hopefully that's the case...
Old 03-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #9
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
The cars maybe fine but their complete lack of anything resembling customer service from the franchised dealerships to the supposed higher up's prove they just don't give a crap. Sure, if the half dozen issues like the nav/audio/npp/rpm's climbing for no reason/hood alignment etc were fixed with the available and in the pipe fixes and the car had arrived without a dozen or more defects in the paint it would be a really nice car. Our '12 silverado ltz cc was flawless, never had a single issue. We understand things happen but lying about things is not the way to solve the issue. Doing so and expecting their customers to be stupid and/or lazy really speaks volumes as to how far they have not come.
I completely agree with you! I have bought a ton of brand new GM vehicles over the years, and only GM. But like I have said many times on the forum, the new GM has lots of old GM mixed in, especially management and their crappy dealerships! It definitely needs to change, there should be no excuses and customer service, the dealerships and management should be doing everything in their power to correct these issues and to be giving great customer service while actually caring!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #10
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
I completely agree with you! I have bought a ton of brand new GM vehicles over the years, and only GM. But like I have said many times on the forum, the new GM has lots of old GM mixed in, especially management and their crappy dealerships! It definitely needs to change, there should be no excuses and customer service, the dealerships and management should be doing everything in their power to correct these issues and to be giving great customer service while actually caring!
That would cost them short term losses. Sadly our system is so numbers based quarter on quarter management only looks at the immediate future. After 8 years of Apple setting the bar for customer quality and service it is beyond me how other corporations fail to adopt the same mentality. It pays in the long run. Yes Apple has very profitable products but so does GM.
TSloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #11
dreamingat30fps

In regards to actual dealer experience. My limited experience so far is mainly with Cadillac dealer where I take my gf car and now the Camaro. It has been pretty good. I can't blame them specifically for GM not having parts available.

Honestly IMO the worst dealer of all was the BMW dealer I use to go to when I had my 335. Those were the most incompetent people I have ever had to deal with ever. That car spent most of its life at the dealer having them fix shit they broke the last time it was there.

My Infiniti dealer was probably the best out of the lot.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #12
OneFourShutter

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Update supposedly someone at GM has "hands on" the part which had to be taken from the assembly line. I'm being told the car would be ready by Friday at the latest.

Hopefully that's the case...
Hi, what was the final outcome? Did they get the car back to you by Friday? It's a little weird how similar my story is to yours. My last 9 cars have been BMWs and then I buy my first american made car and it starts leaking Transmission coolant at 264 miles. My fiance also just bought a Colorado, her first american made car, that one seems to be doing well so far. They too gave me a 2015 Camaro to drive in the mean time, for which I can't believe is related to the Camaro6 in any way... I too was told on Saturday that they are trying to pull a part from the assembly line and can only hope I will have it soon. I have planned a road trip up the California coast in my new car that I can't cancel, and it will be pointless without my car. If they did indeed get your car back to you in two days from when they pulled the part I may be in luck.
OneFourShutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #13
archer1965

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
I'm surprised they have not hit you with the good old, "It's on backorder." line.
I will go ballistic on the showroom floor in front of as many customers as possible should I ever hear that excuse.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:39 PM   #14
dreamingat30fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFourShutter View Post
Hi, what was the final outcome? Did they get the car back to you by Friday? It's a little weird how similar my story is to yours. My last 9 cars have been BMWs and then I buy my first american made car and it starts leaking Transmission coolant at 264 miles. My fiance also just bought a Colorado, her first american made car, that one seems to be doing well so far. They too gave me a 2015 Camaro to drive in the mean time, for which I can't believe is related to the Camaro6 in any way... I too was told on Saturday that they are trying to pull a part from the assembly line and can only hope I will have it soon. I have planned a road trip up the California coast in my new car that I can't cancel, and it will be pointless without my car. If they did indeed get your car back to you in two days from when they pulled the part I may be in luck.
Yes I did get the car back by that Friday. I had called corporate to complain about it and they were completely useless. Pretty much just professional apologizers (yes it's a word, I invented it) so it basically took 4 days to get the part and then they installed it on the 5th.

Unfortunately it seem that Cadillac dealer got in trouble for working on the Camaro so I can't take it there anymore. I don't even want to think how long it would have taken at the Chevy dealer near me.