Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 03-01-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Just a quick note/thank you to those following our story

We are supposed to be meeting with some type of area person tomorrow morning. Honestly we don't know what to expect. We are both stressed to the max about this whole thing. And we are both (and with all good reason) pretty salty about all this at this point. Considering what we have dealt with since the very day we bought the car we aren't asking for anything that GM shouldn't be able to make happen. Or that GM has made happen for others with similar issues.

We appreciate all the words of encouragement, we really hope this works out and it's nice to see total strangers reach out with a little bit of empathy. We both want to say thank you for that.

We are just regular working class people, we didn't ask to be in this situation. We didn't seek out this forum to start a flame war against GM or to piss in anyone's cheerio's. While our words have sometimes been heated I don't think that any reasonable person in the same situation would not feel the same. We understand there are brand loyal people here who want to defend GM in all they do. All we would ask them to do is to put themselves in our shoes for a moment. We have tried to temper our words and at times that might have failed, if we offended anyone we are honest enough to say we are sorry. We work hard and the money we spend for things - it isn't disposable. We wanted a safe and reliable car with good looks and good features that my wife would enjoy driving. We could have bought just about any brand she wanted but we tried to show some brand loyalty ourselves as our first GM product had zero issues. We wanted to invest in the American economy by trying to help keep American's employed and jobs here in the US. Obviously there were many break downs of General Motor's as a company since we purchased the car. The sad fact of the situation is no one is willing to admit that. We are being treated as if WE caused these issues and feel as if we have been lied to since day one with the selling dealership taking the lead on that telling us that they would make this right and not to worry. Since they decided to wash their hands of their own product and two brand new customers it's been a steady stream of pass the buck with my wife and I having to do all the leg work, trying to contact people, leaving messages, leaving emails. We want to believe that General Motors has turned themselves around and is trying to be a better company. A company that we would want to purchase from again. The truth of the matter is when the people that are supposed to be helping you are lying to you it does not foster any loyalty toward the brand. It is the complete opposite and as we explained to one of the people we have been dealing with, quoting the old adage "A happy customer tells a friend, an unhappy customer tells the world"

We both hope that General Motor's makes the decision to work with us in resolving this situation.

Thanks again to those that have spent the time sending us well wishes and happy thoughts.

Steve

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Old 03-01-2016, 10:51 PM   #2
Toxicgoober

Drives: 2014 Maxima
I'm relatively new here. What happened to you guys? I didn't see anything under the posts on your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
cooley376

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall
I don't know what problems you are having. All I can say is good luck and I hope that you get everything taken care of. I can completely relate as my 2ss is a complete piece of junk.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #4
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
I'm finding it hard to believe you accepted delivery of that car, but maybe there's a part of the story I'm missing..
Old 03-02-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Time to get an attorney and indicate to them that you are not going to be persuaded to accept anything but a buyback.

It's sad some people want to put the burden here on the buyer. This car should never have left the factory for public purchase. It's that simple and indisputable. Maybe GM should add this to the PDI checklist since their quality control managers can't handle it.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
^^^^^^. Sorry but I doubt your car left the factory in that condition. I bet there more to this claim.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
MikeyCamaro

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Been following this and other threads for a while and I think the part that you guys missed is the fact that most of these defects do not show up outside on a dealer lot. It takes manmade "directed" light such as a flashlight, spotlight, or headlights from another car in order to see the problem. At least that's my understanding.

Mike
Old 03-02-2016, 12:37 PM   #8
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
More to the claim as in what? My wife and I hatched a devious plan to defraud general motors of a new camaro when we just put down 16k in equity and down payment on a new camaro? Not sure what the end game for that would be? Guess we are confused on the question being asked. All of this is covered in my thread but apparently reading isn't fundamental for some so I will cliffs note it for those asking.

We picked up the car on an overcast day. It had also been snowing/sleeting in our area two days before this. On top of that the car was filthy dirty and we requested them to not touch the car as dealerships are not deatailer's and their lack of skill usually does more harm than good. They filled the car with gas and "washed" it with what we can only assume was some cheap ass dish soap causing the filthy car to be 50% filthy AND 50% covered in giant white soapy water spots.

We stopped at our detailer's business on the way home to have him look at the car and get an idea on the time frame of completion of the car as well as the cost for a full detail/tint/xpel. He pulled the car into his shop with his professional lighting system and we all started see orange streaks in the paint. We rinsed the car off the best we could and pulled it back inside finding more defects. This turned out to be the primer layer. Short story long the multi step process for the mosaic black metallic paint process had defects in a dozen places around the car. We immediately contacted our salesman, he requested pictures. The next morning the sales manger and some person we never met wanted pictures. We received a call shortly after telling us to "just find a local dealer" to deal with the car. So we started on that process, making contacts, setting appointment times, speaking with GM on differently levels etc.

While this process went on we wanted these issues validated so we had the car evaluated by three independent body shops in our area. One dealership owned shop (multi brand chevy, toyota, ford etc), one owned by a private company (services all brands) and one that services only exotics. All came back with the same reports, incorrectly and too thinly applied paint over the entire car. Hence why the primer layer is showing through. Solution, replace the car as a full body respray will cause nothing but issues down the line. Combined experience level of those evaluating the car was somewhere over 100 years in body/paint work. Plus if a shop is Ferrari/Porsche certified in collision and paint repair they should be able to give an accurate evaluation on a simple chevrolet. That takes us to today and the meeting we had this morning in which we need to make some more contacts but the process is proceeding along, slowly, but proceeding.

As for there being more to the claim there sure is. This car and several others on this forum failed to recieve even remedial levels of QC before they left the factory. It spans several colors but there is also two other mosaic black metallic cars on here that have issues. One so bad the car is being replaced and another I think is waiting to hear back from GM about the defects on his car. There is also a summit white car that has been through the ringer with issues and his car is being replaced as well. There is a large span of VIN's that have paint issues as well as cars on dealers lots that show the same defects as verified by myself and others.

Modshack - the car was actually bought just up the road from you and we have email proof that we let the dealership know about the issues the very night we purchased the car, 8:21pm EST IIRC. The selling dealership washed their hands of it leaving us to do the leg work and get GM involved in getting the car replaced. If you feel you missed a part of the story feel free to read the entire story.

Myold88 - you have 6000+ posts and you have never heard of a GM product, especially a camaro or vette leaving the factory with paint issues? Amazing as several c5, 6 and 7 forums as well as the camaro 5 and 6 forums have threads similar to ours discussing the piss poor quality of the paint on their cars. There is no machiavellian plot to this, we have no reason to lie and have everything documented from the moment the issue was found complete with date and time stamped photos. Or do you think that it's some plot where we bought our car and in less than 6 hours somehow striped away the clear, at least two layers of paint, shot new clear on the car and started harassing the selling dealership? Sir, I WISH I had that amount of free time.

doc212121 - see above post. And good for you your local dealer is awesome. Our local dealer is pretty good but the selling dealership is a gaggle of window licking retards. They washed their hands of the car when they saw how bad it was then had the balls to call but leave no message after we gave their dealership 1 star scores. Better yet read the 7 pages before you start making uninformed comments. We have been transparent with every contact we have made and have posted updates to the situation as they happened. We know for a fact that two people we have spoke with on the executive level at GM have seen our posts here so as they have read back comments we have made regarding the issues with the car. Not only that if a moderator would like proof of anyone we have spoken with - we can easily provide that. Besides if we were making outlandish unsubstantiated claims as well as committing libel against general motors our thread would have been deleted long ago.

We have chosen to not release the name of the selling dealership nor the name of the dealer in our area that has been helping us in getting a meeting with an area field rep for GM as well as the dealerships paint and body shop managers, the dealerships managers etc. Once the issue has a resolution and we have paperwork confirming the car is being replaced we will be releasing the names of everyone involved as to give credit to the good guys who helped facilitate a resolution as well as shine a little light on those that sat by and did nothing until they were forced too. As for our pictures see davet435's car issues. Better yet, pm him. He will confirm everything I have said as we have been in contact almost daily as we have the same issues on almost the same car. Upon posting our pictures he found more issues that had gone unseen on his car that went unseen at the time of delivery.

Also re: delivery of the car - the area field rep we met with along with the body shop and other manager could not see the dozen plus defects in the paint today either. As it turned out the weather this morning during our meeting was exactly as overcast as it was the day the car was purchased. And it poured last night in our area meaning the car had typical grime from being driven on highways and streets after it rains. The conditions could not have possibly been more perfect! I started showing them the pictures of the defects and then used LED lighting to illuminate those areas and everyone had a collective "oh wow, we see it now" reply. Again, if we are lying about this why would we go into such amazing levels of details complete with updates, referencing real people we have contacted from GM's social media dept like steph b and brandon m who have help facilitate things for us and escalate them as necessary. We would much rather be doing fun things with both of our limited down time rather than sending countless emails, making calls, taking the car to be looked at.

So no, there is nothing more to this "claim" than GM has the same holes in it's QC process they have always had. We just seem to be the lucky bastards that got the worst of things that have happened so far. Except the person that had his engine replaced. That would suck too.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Steve

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Old 03-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #9
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
OP don't let doc212121 and Modshack get to you, they are typical forum trolls. Its a shame how much effort you have to put into getting this rectified. Keep on fighting the good fight brother.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #10
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
OP don't let doc212121 and Modshack get to you, they are typical forum trolls..
WTF are you talking about???? I brought up a legitimate point as did Doc. Would you have bought that car?, though it seems the defects were somewhat hidden on delivery. I'm an enthusiast and owner, I've owned 69 cars. I'd like nothing better than to see this resolved. A buyback is certainly not out of the question IMO. Seen it done many times. I've owned a ton of cars (including a C7 Corvette which has notorious paint issues), I've been on a dozens of forums depending on my current car of choice...70K worth of posts over many years.....Most of my postings are helpful and DIY's. I have a great reputation across many platforms. To call me a Troll is really out of line. You don't seem to even own a Camaro. A Cobalt?? Come on..... Grow up, Get a life.

This is a real issue with more than a few people at fault here from the factory on down....

Last edited by Modshack; 03-02-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #11
TSloper

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The only people at fault for letting a sub par paint job leave the factory and end up in a customer's hands is GM management. It's not the dealerships fault. It certainly isn't the OPs fault.

This just should not be a battle for the end customer. A re-spray is not an acceptable option unless GM is willing to pony up the diminished value. Imagine what the dealership would do if you tried to trade a two week old car in and they knew it had been touched by a body shop. They would stick it to you even more than they would have had the car been pristine and had one mile on it.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #12
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
I have been personal friends with...
I have personally designed and built several...
Im going to go sit in my heated garage...
Quote:
Its good to have an outlet to show and discuss issues, but inevitably it turns into a pissing match.
But your posts and the emotion you have involved in it is way over the top...
Quote:
Im done in these threads because I find myself getting worked up over morons...
What the...lol
Old 03-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #13
NITRA10

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
OP please for the love of GOD contact a lemn law attorney when you read this.

It will not cost you a penny
Old 03-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #14
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Forum trolls going to town. Exaggerations, back tracking, and personal problems. Not here for story time. This is not a good place to vent your personal issues at the world. Stop getting worked up and stick to your multiple times saying you're done in these threads.

OP posting this experience is helpful. Shows a huge lack of care for the customer on GMs part after they've purchased the vehicle. Sure OP could've looked over the car more before signing, but that doesn't get them off the hook. This serves to show the companies true colours, as well as a lot of others here. Grow up, no need to call people morons and act like a disgruntled child.

We should be standing behind OP not trying to pick at his story. He 100% deserves a fix of his choice, and some retro bonus because of the time he had to invest.

Closed Thread