Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #29
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Very nice pics of your car and bike!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #30
T/A Taz

Drives: was 2010 SS/RS Cyber Gray
Here's some quick pics of the replacement camaro. Long story short, it took the end of 2010 to find a really good deal to trade in the white one considering the small budget my hubby put on the condition. He actually thought no dealer would ever come down enough or give us enough to make this happen.

Well, I couldn't find an exact copy that was in state, but for me this cyber gray was good enough. Heck, I even got in on the accessory incentive program which gave me $1500 to get rally stripes, floor mats, heritage grill and engine cover. This helps bring some color to the car until I can get more funds for additional mods.

Yes the white camaro was kick ass looking but that's pretty much all I got to do since I never got comfortable with the manual. To me it's a major relief to just get in it and go without worrying about hills, traffic and thinking about shifting/clutching. Let's just say it was an experiment that didn't work out like planned.

So since it sat on a dealer's lot for half a year it was in desperate need of some TLC. After 3 1/2 days of detailing here it is. I'm hoping for some sunshine this weekend to get pics with the stripes installed.

I love the metallic paint and still wish I ordered the aqua blue way back

The evil global oligarchy can Suck my tailpipe and Kiss my SS
T/A Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #31
T/A Taz

I do miss the orange interior, but some day I'll get new seats, inserts and door panels that have either orange or copper color.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #32
T/A Taz

Got my freebie stripes installed along with the nicer mats. The heritage grill and engine cover is waiting for the hubby to install.

Yesterday I went over to Big Worm Graphics in Fort Worth where David was very accommodating to my goofy request of a little something for the dash. Also had him put on some enhancement to the gill area. Super guy and company!

Free Stripes

Free Mats

Gill Enhancement

Dash Memento

I can finally say - I love my car!

Old 05-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #33
T/A Taz

Laps for Charity at Texas Motor Speedway with the DFW Camaro Group, Yahooooo!

Also,
I did the fuse pull back before we had a Super Bowl snow storm and my milage went from 16-something to 20-something. When I find the pics I'll post them.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #34
T/A Taz

This is the only other pic I took the other night so I decided to play with the colors in Photoshop.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #35
T/A Taz

Hey there! Well it's now the end of November and Taz Car is finally in our new home. It has been a very long summer/fall with getting our old house ready to sell, showings, packing, moving, living at the in-laws, dealing with a not so great building outcome and more moving.

I had given the car a good washing before putting it into storage up in the Dallas area but after sitting for 4 months and the 300 mile drive south baby is very dirty. You can see in one of the pics the hard water stains from a sprinkler (can't complain too much since our neighbors let us stay at their place when we went back to DFW to pick up the toys).

Good news was it started right up and didn't take but a few minutes to get the battery back to 100%.

A big order to Adam's Polish is on the horizon but first I need to finish cleaning the construction garbage from the house, unpacking and all that other nesting stuff.

Gotta say, Soo Happy to be back in the Hill Country!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #36
T/A Taz

Yep it has been a year since I have been to my journal. Spent most of this year getting the front landscaped and getting ready for art shows. Between what I sold and the Thanksgiving discounts I was finally able to get the Solo exhaust. Too bad we had a crappy turn out for the November art show (people can't come if they don't know about the show!) otherwise I'm sure I would have sold more so I could get the whole exhaust system. As it is I happy with the axleback and the price from Juiced Motorsports.

I also went ahead and ordered the orange emblems from Big Worm Graphics for the visual change.

I have a list of DIY mods for next year, so here's hoping I can sell twice what I did this year (which all in all wasn't bad for re-establishing my gourd business).

Happy Holidays everyone and to a Very Happy New Year!

Yes, hubby has to go back and adjust the positions of the exhaust tips for me.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #37
T/A Taz

Sad Day

Hate to say due to our situation, thanks to google we were forced into early retirement and had to downsize to save money. Taz Car and my old FX was traded in for an Outback.

Anyone wanting a super clean, never been beat on, just over 4100 miles car can go to the North Park Subaru dealer in San Antonio.

It's been fun while it lasted, ya'll take care!