Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
2 great American ponycars, I'd say anyone lucky enough to have both is winning, big time. Congrats.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
MPHS_AGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Nice looking Mustang! They are not for me, but I do like some of the styling cues. The turn signals will definitely draw your attention. My wife wants a Challenger (not SRT), so I will likely be a Dodge/Chevy garage within the year.
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsNinja View Post
Let me start by saying I did not trade in my Camaro for this car.

This past Friday I went to a Ford dealership with the intention of test driving a 2013 Race Red Mustang GT Premium M6. I wanted something to keep up with my wife’s car that was a little more fun to drive than my 220HP BMW. After talking with my sales guy and the GM of the dealership I ended up buying it. I got a great trade in value on my BMW 325i and got it for under invoice.

First impressions, they are 2 different cars on the inside. We currently have a 2SS SGM Camaro L99, fully loaded. My Mustang has everything except the navigation. All the little bells and whistles on the Mustang are nice. I like the ambient lighting and the way it can be changed at any time. The leather is a little softer and more plush, but I like the styling in the Camaro more. It has more of a retro feel than the current Mustang line up.

Performance wise they line up a little more. The suspension on the Mustang seems to be a little softer which gives more body roll, but also helps in day to day driving. The clutch is smooth and the acceleration is possibly a little quicker than the Camaro. The 255's in the back are terrible though. I'm used to the way the Camaro seems to hook every time I get on it, and that does not happen in this car. It may have to do with the different brand tires (I do not have the Pirellis on the Camaro anymore), but I think it is mostly due to the tire size. For the record, the stock exhaust note is way better on the Mustang. Not that it matters since the Camaro is not stock. I do not have Brembos on the Mustang and they are badly missed. I have already began looking into that mod.

Head to head I think our Camaro would take me down, because I haven't driven a standard in almost 6 years. The rust is showing on launches. Once I get back into the groove of things it would be a much closer race. Change out the tires and match her mods and I think it's over.

All in all, I love the car. Link has a special place in my heart, but I think I am going to grow to love the Mustang just the same. I am not much for brand loyalty and just want to drive a fun and exciting car and now I have 2 of the best currently on the market to choose from.

I know a lot of y'all are going to hate on it, but we're fortunate to be in an era where performance is at an all-time high. Neither of these cars are a wrong choice.

Without further ado, I introduce Ruby.
CONGRATS to the Ninja couple!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Congrats, 2 pony cars in the drive way must be fun.
I agree to that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Im in the same boat as you. 2013 RR mustang GT and 12 Camaro. Looks great! Boh great cars!
...and Race Red!
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Congrats. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
2 great American ponycars, I'd say anyone lucky enough to have both is winning, big time. Congrats.
Forty5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Sweet ride!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #19
Partlow

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro, 2012 Charger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHS_AGM View Post
Nice looking Mustang! They are not for me, but I do like some of the styling cues. The turn signals will definitely draw your attention. My wife wants a Challenger (not SRT), so I will likely be a Dodge/Chevy garage within the year.
Pm me if you want a greenslip for that challenger!
Partlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Good Job! The 5.0 is a great car in more ways than one. AND it would be nice to have both.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #21
The Sandman
Flying Low & Raining 3's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Ann. Edition
I was a proud Mustang GT owner for years and agree it is great time for us horsepower/sports car addicts. Big Congrats on your new ride. Awesome color!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
J-Short

Drives: '13 2LT/RS BRM
Man, I would drive a Kia before I was caught dead in that thing! LOL just kidding
J-Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #23
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Can't go wrong with a new 5.0 or Camaro. They are both sweet in different ways. Grats.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #24
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
you are missing more than a navy package. My buddies 5.0L has better looks rims and brembo breaks stock plus upgraded gears.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #25
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Congrats on having 2 great pony cars but its the GM performance cars that are from the dark side
Old 04-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #26
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
you are missing more than a navy package. My buddies 5.0L has better looks rims and brembo breaks stock plus upgraded gears.
I was talking about the interior. There are a couple of packages I'm missing. As I stated in the OP I am already looking at brembos. I'd never pay for upgraded rims from the factory. Huge ripoff.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #27
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
I was talking about the interior. There are a couple of packages I'm missing. As I stated in the OP I am already looking at brembos. I'd never pay for upgraded rims from the factory. Huge ripoff.
The 19" nickel luster ones are 1,000 but they look as good an any aftermarket imo and are light.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #28
Cpaint9041

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Quote:
Let me start by saying I did not trade in my Camaro for this car.

This past Friday I went to a Ford dealership with the intention of test driving a 2013 Race Red Mustang GT Premium M6. I wanted something to keep up with my wife’s car that was a little more fun to drive than my 220HP BMW. After talking with my sales guy and the GM of the dealership I ended up buying it. I got a great trade in value on my BMW 325i and got it for under invoice.

First impressions, they are 2 different cars on the inside. We currently have a 2SS SGM Camaro L99, fully loaded. My Mustang has everything except the navigation. All the little bells and whistles on the Mustang are nice. I like the ambient lighting and the way it can be changed at any time. The leather is a little softer and more plush, but I like the styling in the Camaro more. It has more of a retro feel than the current Mustang line up.

Performance wise they line up a little more. The suspension on the Mustang seems to be a little softer which gives more body roll, but also helps in day to day driving. The clutch is smooth and the acceleration is possibly a little quicker than the Camaro. The 255's in the back are terrible though. I'm used to the way the Camaro seems to hook every time I get on it, and that does not happen in this car. It may have to do with the different brand tires (I do not have the Pirellis on the Camaro anymore), but I think it is mostly due to the tire size. For the record, the stock exhaust note is way better on the Mustang. Not that it matters since the Camaro is not stock. I do not have Brembos on the Mustang and they are badly missed. I have already began looking into that mod.

Head to head I think our Camaro would take me down, because I haven't driven a standard in almost 6 years. The rust is showing on launches. Once I get back into the groove of things it would be a much closer race. Change out the tires and match her mods and I think it's over.

All in all, I love the car. Link has a special place in my heart, but I think I am going to grow to love the Mustang just the same. I am not much for brand loyalty and just want to drive a fun and exciting car and now I have 2 of the best currently on the market to choose from.

I know a lot of y'all are going to hate on it, but we're fortunate to be in an era where performance is at an all-time high. Neither of these cars are a wrong choice.

Without further ado, I introduce Ruby.
camaro is the dark side. I hate it and I hate you :thumb down: