The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 01-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
jrock

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Cold starts

Anyone's car taking longer than normal like when you go to start it in the morning after it's been sitting a while? I'm wondering if it's just the cold weather or what.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
binko

Drives: Honda Accord
I have noticed on mine that when the engine is dead cold it will crank for approx 3 seconds before starting. That may be programmed in-not sure.
binko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
xp800

Drives: 2015 C7 Z51 A8 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by binko View Post
I have noticed on mine that when the engine is dead cold it will crank for approx 3 seconds before starting. That may be programmed in-not sure.
Same here.
xp800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Every car I have ever owned takes longer to start when it's really cold. That's just normal operation.

Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
New C7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
I assume ignition is delayed to allow the oil to reach critical components.
New C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #6
Bolt-onC6

Drives: 2017 Corvette
You should have been around in the 50s and 60s if you think 3 seconds is bad.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
Kim

Drives: 2014 Torch Red Z51
Cold starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt-onC6 View Post
You should have been around in the 50s and 60s if you think 3 seconds is bad.
The issues I have when I first start it is the screen won't respond to any commands when I touch it. After it warms up it will react. Another problem when cold is the clock page that takes up the entire space will flash on and off. The last cold problem is a clicking sound that comes from the area of the screen.

Anyone else having these issues? Other than this, this is the best car I've ever owned or drove....and having a father who was an automobile dealer, I've driven about everything you can imagine....
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
cosmicdust73

Drives: Black 3LT Stingray w/NPP, Carb Roof
Hey guys! I'm new to the forums. Just got my C7 yesterday and have barely driven it. (except for the 50-60 mile drive home from the dealer). I've been noticing the same issue as the OP when starting my car in the garage. The first time I start the car after a long time sitting in the garage (with 20 degree weather outside), I am noticing the car will crank for 2-3 seconds before the engine turns over. If I start it again it will usually turn over immediately. I thought maybe it was my battery because my crazy dealer accidentally allowed the battery to get too low to start the car. Had to be jumped with only 2 miles and no gas in the car! Anyways, based on the responses above, it sounds like this is normal for the C7?
cosmicdust73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #9
jrock

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicdust73 View Post
Hey guys! I'm new to the forums. Just got my C7 yesterday and have barely driven it. (except for the 50-60 mile drive home from the dealer). I've been noticing the same issue as the OP when starting my car in the garage. The first time I start the car after a long time sitting in the garage (with 20 degree weather outside), I am noticing the car will crank for 2-3 seconds before the engine turns over. If I start it again it will usually turn over immediately. I thought maybe it was my battery because my crazy dealer accidentally allowed the battery to get too low to start the car. Had to be jumped with only 2 miles and no gas in the car! Anyways, based on the responses above, it sounds like this is normal for the C7?

Yeah, i think it's normal. I haven't had any problems actually having the car start, and it was really cold when I first noticed it.....Can't believe that about your battery.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #10
cosmicdust73

Drives: Black 3LT Stingray w/NPP, Carb Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Yeah, i think it's normal. I haven't had any problems actually having the car start, and it was really cold when I first noticed it.....Can't believe that about your battery.
Yeah the battery thing kinda freaked me out... especially when the genius with the jumper clasps accidentally sparked it a few times trying to figure out which side was positive and which was negative. Unbelievable... I thought for sure the battery or the computer system was fried. Luckily everything seems ok. I just order a CTEK 3300 battery tender just to make sure things are topped off.
cosmicdust73 is offline   Reply With Quote