Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #43
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The 5th is said to get a new front and rear fascia. I'm sure (if they know what's good for them) nothing too bold. I do hope they move those stinking ugly designed back up lights to the rear diffuser or to integrate them with the taillights.
That's interesting. Would be a great time to roll out a new Z/28.

Edit: Is that model year '14 or the year 2014?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #44
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
That's interesting. Would be a great time to roll out a new Z/28.

Edit: Is that model year '14 or the year 2014?

Will be...

A year from now. I'm still sticking to my Q1 showing and Q3 selling.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #45
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
I do hope they move those stinking ugly designed back up lights to the rear diffuser or to integrate them with the taillights.
Something akin to the Fesler-Moss tail lights would be just fine...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #46
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Something akin to the Fesler-Moss tail lights would be just fine...
Yes.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #47
Bhobbs

Quote:
Will be...

A year from now. I'm still sticking to my Q1 showing and Q3 selling.
Sounds like it may be possible but the "every six months" statement would put a new announcement in September.

Possible Z/28 announced next month?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #48
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

We just had the 1LE and then the Dusk. Next stop Jan. 2013 Z28.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #49
Bhobbs

Quote:
The 1LE was announced some time in March wasn't it?

True, forgot about the Dusk.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #50
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
The 5th is said to get a new front and rear fascia. I'm sure (if they know what's good for them) nothing too bold. I do hope they move those stinking ugly designed back up lights to the rear diffuser or to integrate them with the taillights.
If that's true I hope we see the design while it's still possible to order a 2013. I just don't see what needs improving exterior wise. What would be cool is if they coordinated the facelift with the new V-8s.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #51
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
We figure 2014.

Thanks for the input.
...I'm figurin the same....
Quote:
...for info at the latest, preferably early winter, there should (dare I say will?) be some indication it's in the works with a LS7 in a 1LE based package and on the horizon for MY 14, ...otherwise, ...then... it's not gonna happen and we keep our nose to the grindstone and stay at it....
Old 08-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #52
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...I'm figurin the same....

...for info at the latest, preferably early winter, there should (dare I say will?) be some indication it's in the works with a LS7 in a 1LE based package and on the horizon for MY 14, ...otherwise, ...then... it's not gonna happen and we keep our nose to the grindstone and stay at it....
I doubt they will release info on a Z/28 before announcing it.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #53
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
You know what guys? I had almost given up my faith in the Z28 making a 5th gen appearance. However, I got to thinking today about the Mustang, and the fact that 2013 is the last model year for the current 2005-2013 run body style for that nameplate. Then I thought about the 5th gen Camaro, and that 2013 will only be the fourth model year for this body style.

My next thought was wondering if the Mustang redesign will even have a prayer of topping the current run, which has been an extremely popular body style. The same could be said about the 6th gen Camaro having tough shoes to fill in regards to the slick looks of the 5th gen Camaro.

I then thought about the 5th gen Camaro soldiering on for a couple more years against an all new Mustang before we move on to the 6th gen. I wondered how that might affect Camaro sales, and what GM might do to steal blue oval thunder to keep the limelight on the Camaro. Then it hit me like a pile of bricks, the return of the Z28 nameplate could do just that.

That would be the perfect timing, right when Ford launches first model year of a new Mustang, the Chevy team nonchalantly reveals the Z28 Camaro for the 5th gen. That may be why we've had to wait this long, for the right timing. At least we can keep the faith, and hope this is why we've waited.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #54
Bhobbs

That's a great point lone.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #55
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Hey, it's enough to make me stall my plans for a 1LE purchase by a few months to see what develops. It will give me a few months breathing space after paying off my LS, to go without a car payment for a while, save money, and see what may happen. No sense paying off one Camaro, only to go directly into a note on a second one just yet. I can stall a bit, as a second Camaro is a want, and not a need at this point in time.

I would much rather wait a bit and see what is going to happen. Can you imagine this scenario? "Ford announces new Mustang redesign for 2014" followed by "A Chevrolet icon returns in 2014, the long awaited Z28." Well, I'd almost not even care about the "New Mustang" news at that point, would you?

Ford already blew its current generation load, to put it bluntly, with the 2013 Boss 302 and 2013 Shelby GT500 model series finales. Starting a new line of Mustangs, they will want to hold back a bit to trickle out the best upgrades and models until a year or two down the line. But the 5th gen will be in its final year or two, and Chevy is bound to pull out all the stops with it to combat the introduction of the new Mustang.

Here's hoping the 5th gen will go out with a bang, with announcements of models that will steal the show. AKA the Z28 (and maybe some last model year tweaks to ZL1 too.)
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #56
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
You know what guys? I had almost given up my faith in the Z28 making a 5th gen appearance. However, I got to thinking today about the Mustang, and the fact that 2013 is the last model year for the current 2005-2013 run body style for that nameplate. Then I thought about the 5th gen Camaro, and that 2013 will only be the fourth model year for this body style.

My next thought was wondering if the Mustang redesign will even have a prayer of topping the current run, which has been an extremely popular body style. The same could be said about the 6th gen Camaro having tough shoes to fill in regards to the slick looks of the 5th gen Camaro.

I then thought about the 5th gen Camaro soldiering on for a couple more years against an all new Mustang before we move on to the 6th gen. I wondered how that might affect Camaro sales, and what GM might do to steal blue oval thunder to keep the limelight on the Camaro. Then it hit me like a pile of bricks, the return of the Z28 nameplate could do just that.

That would be the perfect timing, right when Ford launches first model year of a new Mustang, the Chevy team nonchalantly reveals the Z28 Camaro for the 5th gen. That may be why we've had to wait this long, for the right timing. At least we can keep the faith, and hope this is why we've waited.
Welcome to the club.