Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #29
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Planning on attending the F.A.L.L. Cruise to Tahoe tomorrow. This is the first time I've been able to make the cruise and it's for a great cause.

Quote:
The first year we started this was to raise money and honor our great friend Katie Taylor who was diagnosed with AML Leukemia. Unfortunately we lost our friend to this horrible disease, but have not forgotten her. We dedicate this cruise in her memory, as well as all those in our lives that are affected by Leukemia and other cancers.

This year we are also doing the cruise as a memoriam to Matt Camp, who was lost in a tragic accident recently. He was a friend to many with-in the group. We are asking that all who attend are respectful to the cause, and also the cruise.
Aince I'm heading up to Lake Tahoe on the scenic cruise tomorrow, I wanted to replace the F1's with something a LITTLE bit better suited to the cold weather (it's supposed to be in the 50's). Good thing I had a set of wheels/tires just lying around...

Here's a teaser of Z in his Saturday Best.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #30
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

What a day! Taking the scenic route to Tahoe, getting pulled over "guilty by association", meeting a bunch of new friends, as well as hanging out with many old friends, and driving back into a fantastic sunset really made this day a great experience. One can only hope that every other event is just as nice (although without being pulled over would be ideal. lol
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #31
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
loving the new ride bud!!

question about your old car. you lowered it quite a bit yes? like 2"? do you recall how many miles you put on your car with it being lowered that much? Guys in the suspension thread are freaking me out saying if I lower my car any more than 1" that I will blow up the CV's in my rear axles because of the angle lowering puts on them..... Did you drive your old car hard at all? Mine will be a street car but planning on making 750RWHP. Basically want to build a car that sounds good, looks good and does big burnouts at 60mph!! let me know what you think, thanks bud.
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #32
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
CONGRATS on your new ride ma man ,sorry i didn't see it before ,looks fantastic love the new shoes ,can't wait to see what's cominn next !!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #33
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
loving the new ride bud!!

question about your old car. you lowered it quite a bit yes? like 2"? do you recall how many miles you put on your car with it being lowered that much? Guys in the suspension thread are freaking me out saying if I lower my car any more than 1" that I will blow up the CV's in my rear axles because of the angle lowering puts on them..... Did you drive your old car hard at all? Mine will be a street car but planning on making 750RWHP. Basically want to build a car that sounds good, looks good and does big burnouts at 60mph!! let me know what you think, thanks bud.
I lowered the car 0.75" on Pedders xA's. I don't know if it was the blower or what but the car always looked lower than cars dropped on 1"+ springs.

I never had any issues with my axles/driveshaft/cv joints and I did drive my car hard, although only after letting the car get up to operating temperature, letting it cool down afterwards, etc. I was never abusive and took the car to road courses, had fun in the twisties, and went to the drag strip a couple times. Never launched the car though. I would always roll into it like accelerating from a stop sign. 2.2 sixty with no traction at the top of every gear running 12.6 @ 119
Old 11-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #34
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Thanks bud
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
That is a great name!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #36
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
CONGRATS on your new ride ma man ,sorry i didn't see it before ,looks fantastic love the new shoes ,can't wait to see what's cominn next !!
Thanks man. It'll be a LONG time before I can customize Z to my liking, but I absolutely love the ULTRAGRIN he gives me. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
Thanks bud
Anytime. I took measurements and found out that the drop really only amounted to .5", but I can show you pictures of the car next to other dropped camaros if I can figure out where they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
That is a great name!
Thank you. It took about 30 names before Wifey immediately said "That's it!"
Old 06-03-2014, 12:40 AM   #37
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Some pics from the last two weeks. These pics reinforce my opinion that a bone stock camaro can look just as good as a modified one.

I really feel that 7 years down the road, the Camaro STILL is one of the hottest looking cars on the road today, even with the new taillights.

I do have some mods ready to be installed to make it mine, but the body lines will be staying the same for the foreseeable future.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #38
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Loving the new pics! Hope all is J. FYI my FB is deactived. PM me for what's going on.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #39
5150 Maro

Drives: 2018 ZL1
There's just something about a red Camaro.......great looking car Jarrod and nice photography too!
5150 Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:49 AM   #40
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Badass pictures. I need to have my wife to put her car outside so I can have the garage all to myself haha. Awesome color choice by the way.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:19 PM   #41
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Thanks guys!

Here is one from a recent how that I took, and a collage for a facebook "Challenge"
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #42
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
ohhhh ahhhhhhh purtyyyyy

Tags
5th gen, blue rush, camaro, camaro5, carbon fiber, chameleon, color change, demon, dtm, halos, mindz, nightowlleds, norcal, supercharger, victory red, wiked kustomz, zl1, zlzbubb