Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
linsys

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
How Much LED Lighting For Engine Bay

I'm thinking of adding some LED lights to my engine bay and trunk. I'm wondering for those who light up their engine bay how many feet did you buy?

Just looking for some rough estimates here.

Thanks.
linsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
I'd say 20 ft will have you covered if you want to go all around. If you are just doing it in spots, maybe 10 ft.. This is a mod I'm planning on working on soon.
Performance Mods: K&N Cold Air Intake | Pypes Cat-Back Exhaust | Aluminum Paddle Shifters | VaraRam Wedge | Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPC Pads | M.M. Ported Throttle Body | Kooks 1 7/8 Headers w/ High Flow Cats | Dyno Tune @ RPM
Cosmetic Mods: Rally Stripes (style1, style2, style2.2) | Splitter | Painted Calipers | Door Projector Lights | Front-Emblem Delete | Cup Holder Lighting | Quarter Window Covers | Phantom Grille | Ghosted Side Markers | Tinted Fog Lights | ZL1 Rockers | Tail Light Bezels
Shift_Rejected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Measure the across the windshield cowl area and x2. That should give you adequate enough. Most put lights running along back of fire wall and the front by radiator.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #4
red-aro

Drives: Victory Red LS
Go on Ebay and search 12V LED light strips (your color). You can get a 5 meter roll and cut to length. Juts FYI you would have to solder your own wire. But the price is between $9ish to $15ish. 5050 LEDs are brighter. I am going to get a roll of red soon for my car and blue for my friends car.
red-aro is offline   Reply With Quote