Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #323
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie Dynamite View Post
I don't see how a thinner grill and new tail lights can make the current Camaro look "dated." But, that's just me... It looks different... But I wouldn't use the word dated. The car is almost entirely the same.
I would think the square taillights on the 2014 from the 90's would make the new cars look dated.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #324
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I would think the square taillights on the 2014 from the 90's would make the new cars look dated.
Then you must think the 2010 -2013's are really dated since they were designed similar to the 1967-1969....
Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #325
Camss57

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
I really want to know if the non RS grille is the same one that is on the Z/28.
Camss57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #326
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Then you must think the 2010 -2013's are really dated since they were designed similar to the 1967-1969....
They took design clue's from the retro models, but the 2010-2013's are not retro. The Challenger is a retro design and remains much more true to the original challenger than the 5th gen camaro.

The taillights on the 2010-2013 were modern and unique. The taillights on the 2014 are not.

The front on the 2014's though looks more modern.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #327
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camss57 View Post
I really want to know if the non RS grille is the same one that is on the Z/28.
grill or front end?

The fronts are the same, but not the grill as far as I can tell.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #328
sparrky

Drives: 2014 1LE
Recall someone asked a female concerning the rear tail lights and she said " looks like a soccer mom's car ." I may have misquoted.
sparrky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #329
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrky View Post
Recall someone asked a female concerning the rear tail lights and she said " looks like a soccer mom's car ." I may have misquoted.
That was me. She said the taillights where plain and looked like toyota camry taillights. She said the overall design looked more luxurious and geared more toward a soccer mom than the 10-13 design which in her opinion looked more fierce. That is just one opinion though. She did like the car overall though.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #330
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
They took design clue's from the retro models, but the 2010-2013's are not retro. The Challenger is a retro design and remains much more true to the original challenger than the 5th gen camaro.

The taillights on the 2010-2013 were modern and unique. The taillights on the 2014 are not.

The front on the 2014's though looks more modern.
Where did I call the 10-13 retro? I said similar....
My point was the 10-13 had more old style to them and just adding old style tail lights could not made it look more dated.
Anyway how many cars had LED tail lights on them back in the 90's?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #331
Camss57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
grill or front end?

The fronts are the same, but not the grill as far as I can tell.
The grille. The RS has it's own grille that comes with the package. Every 2014 pic I have seen has been RS except for the Z/28 which doesn't offer the RS package.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #332
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I like the Z/28's grill better than the SS/RS grill and will probably change it out once it becomes available.
Attached Images

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 05-19-2013 at 01:25 PM.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #333
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camss57 View Post
The grille. The RS has it's own grille that comes with the package. Every 2014 pic I have seen has been RS except for the Z/28 which doesn't offer the RS package.
There seems to be 4 different grills that will be standard depending on which model you get. The Z28 has the diamond shaped openings, the ZL1 has the same grille as today, the RS has the large square block openings, and the non RS V6 has a similar design to today's standard grille ( the non RS/SS may have this grille too but I haven't seen any pictures of one yet to confirm that). I also note that on the option sheet they listed a Body colored Grille, maybe a new style Heritage Grille?
Old 05-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #334
SLM

Drives: Dodge Nitro, Mustang GT, 300c
I have been waiting for the 2014 ZL1 for 3 years now, since the 2012 was announced and I start preparing myself for it. I really thought that the 2014 production was going to be something out of the hook (better performance and look)! I know it is hard to do something better then what was already close to a masterpiece (in my opinion), but please GM do something more for the ZL1... I know it is the moment to spend more time on Z/28 project, but please... The ZL1 it is a rare car, and it deserves it!

The ZL1 demands the different, demands parts that are different from the others. In my opinion I did not like the looks of the new spoiler for the ZL1 or even the rear diffuser. The spoiler on the Z/28 it is amazing, why not get that exact one for the ZL1? I fell in love with that spoiler! And that colour of the Z/28, please make it happen for the production, I don't care how much, just got to have it!!

About the 2012 front in the 2014 front, I know it is for cooling purposes but why not a different grill, or a little change? Why not the new front with redesigned cooling ducts for better cooling/breath? From my understanding the Z/28 also needs lots of air, but was that breath decision made because of the forced induction of the SC? The air intake of both cars are in the same area, is there a huge difference on air quantity?

Please GM, do some changes in this ZL1 (on the pictures), I have been waiting for long and change a lot in my life for this car, and I still want one in my garage!

I will be waiting

And I kinda like the taillights of the Z/28 better than the LED ones. And the new hood looks awesome (but the extractor I didn't like much)! Good job!

By the way, thanks for the post!
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #335
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
seeing those pictures hurts. the zl1 is a complete mismatched. they could of keep the old rear end until the next gen arrives. with that diffuser so high -i know gm wanted for it to look less big butt--but now your eyes are seeing much more the lower part, of that rear bumper, and it's unfinished very ugly . like a cheap kit that's missing a lot of parts.

and what about that oversize dungeon hole for the license plate?? ouch! what a poor design. it's absurd. awful ugly you name it. that rear end just don't fit in there. the old versio had a better flow more tone down much more well incorporated in the bumper. why not making 2 bumpers euro and us??

even on the new vette the diffuser is way too high. my plan was to order a 2014 zl1,in january .. i guess i have to chase down 2013, or make a quick order while it's still in production.....
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #336
Camss57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
seeing those pictures hurts. the zl1 is a complete mismatched. they could of keep the old rear end until the next gen arrives. with that diffuser so high -i know gm wanted for it to look less big butt--but now your eyes are seeing much more the lower part, of that rear bumper, and it's unfinished very ugly . like a cheap kit that's missing a lot of parts.

and what about that oversize dungeon hole for the license plate?? ouch! what a poor design. it's absurd. awful ugly you name it. that rear end just don't fit in there. the old versio had a better flow more tone down much more well incorporated in the bumper. why not making 2 bumpers euro and us??

even on the new vette the diffuser is way too high. my plan was to order a 2014 zl1,in january .. i guess i have to chase down 2013, or make a quick order while it's still in production.....
I think the time to order a 2013 has come and gone...