Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
cross drilled rotors..?

I am starting to not enjoy the look of the solid rotors on my 1LE. The rims show so much that i feel like it would improve looks roughly 1200%. I was curious who, if anyone, has replaced them and which brand they used?

Also i dont know why they would but if they demenish braking power in any way id like to know so i dont get them lol
Old 07-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Like I mentioned earlier in another thread I'm gonna switch the complete brake system on my 1LE for the Wilwood 6 Piston big brake kit with the two piece rotors which are drilled and slotted

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374988678.928945.jpg
Views: 3621
Size:  210.2 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374988694.762070.jpg
Views: 3861
Size:  165.0 KB
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonmos View Post
I am starting to not enjoy the look of the solid rotors on my 1LE. The rims show so much that i feel like it would improve looks roughly 1200%. I was curious who, if anyone, has replaced them and which brand they used?

Also i dont know why they would but if they demenish braking power in any way id like to know so i dont get them lol
Stay updated next Saturday afternoon if all goes well with the install I will put the pictures here and you will be able to see the looks of slotted and drilled rotors in my 1LE
Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:

It's not any diminished braking performance that matters - that would be at most very slight at anything that doesn't put you into the real problem.

All those holes in drilled rotors are prime places for rotor cracks to get started at. Granted, you have to be running pretty hard for this to happen but this can and will happen if you do. Technically, small diameter holes and sharp local changes in shape represent stress intensification points and disruptions in heat flow. Neither of which are good things if you ever take the car out to a track day on a real road course.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Lio how much does the wilwood run? and i did see the thread and was wondering if you knew the info on the CTSV 6 piston also (Cost- different lines youd have to run, ect..?)
Old 07-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Lio how much does the wilwood run? and i did see the thread and was wondering if you knew the info on the CTSV 6 piston also (Cost- different lines youd have to run, ect..?)
I honestly have no idea on the price for the CTS-V kit. I know the wilwood is pricey the kit is between $5000. - $5500 depending is u want slot, drilled rotors or if u want both on the rotors.

Rotors are two pieces. And the performance brake lines are separate not to much on those for pricey. But I have heard great thins from the kit.. As for me I will do the install until next weekend... Plus I'm gonna sell my 1LE brakes. So that's a plus... U invest to get a great parts. For performance and looks and then u can sell you original parts for at least $1000 to me that ls a win.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Have you considered CTS-V kit for less than half the cost? The CTS-V rotors are lighter than the ZL1 2-piece rotors, to find ultra light rotors racing brake has them but they are very expensive.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
We have our AP Racing BBK available at an Amazing price!!

This is a 6 piston 2pc 16" rotors for the Front and a 4 piston 2pc 15" rotors for the Rear.

You do have your choice of Cross Drilled/Slotted or just Slotted.

AP Racing and Brembo are owned by the same owners. AP Racing is the race division for them. We are the only West Coast distributor and we were able to design a Street BBK.

PM or Call me with any questions!

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:

I would suggest looking into the DBA 4000 and 5000 series rotors. They are great rotors that won't break the bank too badly
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
Have you considered CTS-V kit for less than half the cost? The CTS-V rotors are lighter than the ZL1 2-piece rotors, to find ultra light rotors racing brake has them but they are very expensive.
Our CTS-V brake upgrade is an exceptional value for what you get and they are a great match for the heavy Camaro. We run that setup on the JDP Camaro and they are awesome.

Feel free to call, PM or email us anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
jlugo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
Cool

Baer 'DecelaRotors'...
Attached Images

jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote