Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #99
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
that looks great in white, can you take a further back picture of from the rear of the car?

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #100
john316inu

Drives: camaro 11 summit white
lazy to resize them...

you can come see my garage cause i uploaded some
Attached Images

john316inu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #101
john316inu

everything was great except little surprise when you get your item shipped to your house.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #102
WhiteCamaroSS
White Camaro 2

Drives: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHQuWojLdhI
Spoiler looks awesome. Well done.
WhiteCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #103
edgar3

Drives: 2010 2SS
looks GREAT!

XSPower Longtube + Catback "Engine to Tip" polished steel
VMAX ported Throttle Body
160 degree thermostat
Street Tune East Coast Supercharging
Cold Air Inductions
TRex Phantom Black Billet Grill. Upper and lower
Custom Badging
Lloyd Floors mats
splash guards
Underhood Engine bay done
AAC LED mailslot strip lights
Flowing Cheese Fondue waterfall in console
Various food items to dip into warm cheese
edgar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #104
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
please elaborate on this

Were you surprised they sent it and got no notification or did you get something else unexpected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john316inu View Post
everything was great except little surprise when you get your item shipped to your house.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #105
john316inu

well i spent $500 for this FIREBREATHER spoiler and i need to pay $400 to bodyshop for molding, painting, clear coat, install. and bodyshop told me that one of screw didnt fit in cause hole was too big or somthing so they need to extra work to install it. well...i expected little better for $500. price is way to high for 20lb piece board.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #106
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

OK, thanks for the explanation. That has been my gripe with this spoiler all along. It's a badass looking spoiler for sure but, when all is said and done, is it really worth double the original price of the spoiler to get it mounted properly? Would you have made the purchase knowing that it would cost that much in the end?
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #107
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
After hearing about the added cost for this spoiler I'm glad I passed on getting it.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #108
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
well i spent $500 for this FIREBREATHER spoiler and i need to pay $400 to bodyshop for molding, painting, clear coat, install. and bodyshop told me that one of screw didnt fit in cause hole was too big or somthing so they need to extra work to install it. well...i expected little better for $500. price is way to high for 20lb piece board.

This would have been their problem, as (according to CDC) the firebreather spoiler doesn't use the stock holes and the body shop would have had to drill new holes for it. If the hole was too big or too small or oblong or jagged, then it was their fault.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #109
john316inu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
OK, thanks for the explanation. That has been my gripe with this spoiler all along. It's a badass looking spoiler for sure but, when all is said and done, is it really worth double the original price of the spoiler to get it mounted properly? Would you have made the purchase knowing that it would cost that much in the end?
nope :(
Old 09-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #110
john316inu

well actually, bodyshop was telling me that they measured 4holes and they drilled the holes now thats easy for them. but one of screw didnt fit into spoiler because CDC made it lot bigger hole than other three.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #111
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
well actually, bodyshop was telling me that they measured 4holes and they drilled the holes now thats easy for them. but one of screw didnt fit into spoiler because CDC made it lot bigger hole than other three.
Ouch >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Yes. (I haven't had mine installed yet because I'm not sure if I have permanent nerve damage to my right arm, yet. If I do, I may be trading my manual for an auto. :( )

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #112
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Permanent nerve damage? Wow man. Sorry, to hear. Hopefully, it's not permanent. Hope the best for you man. How did that happen? Sorry, if you've already explained and I missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
Ouch >.<

Yes. (I haven't had mine installed yet because I'm not sure if I have permanent nerve damage to my right arm, yet. If I do, I may be trading my manual for an auto. :( )

Tags
firebreather, spoiler