Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #127
jimmyallgm
RealSick/SuperSport

Drives: fasterThanYours
Send a message via AIM to jimmyallgm
everything they did is a dissapiontment< looks cheap!
jimmyallgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #128
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
There is other companies with alot better looking stuff.....

I really thought SLP would come out with some great products for the Camaro......
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #129
BassGeek

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
The hood seems to small at the front to me...doesn't follow the body lines as much as the red one does...like the ideal but it needs to be a bit larger in the front.

I like that spoiler...looks good!

The grill badging and the rims...don't like either of those.
My thoughts exactly!

I do like that they chose an ABM to show it off. I find it funny that they chose a non-RS to put the RS badge on however.

I wonder how the hood would look on an SS. The dual mail slots might look like silly.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #130
MyPrecious
"Waiting on Camaro Stork"

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS LS3
SLP Products...

Hi, I am not going to hate on SLP, in my opinion they did a fine job, some things as in all things appeal to some and not others. I personally do not care for the rims, but thats just me, someone else may have a different taste. I do like the hood, (if it has the ability to be mounted with the original nose peice of the Camaro). As for the spoiler, it does look nice, but I must say that I truely liked the High Rise spoiler that is still an option on the chevy sites "Build Your Own", but not in production , which was quite a sad thing for me because I gasp'd when I first saw it, (much like seeing a really pretty women walk past stealing your breath....)

If any company can put together the spoiler mathching the Chevy Sites "Build you Own", I would be all over it...
MyPrecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #131
BlackCamaroSS
Old school SS, junior

Drives: Many; all Chevrolet
When will the bowtie replacement, old school SS (not RS) emblems be available?
BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #132
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
No thanks.

IMO I think the guys at GM did a really good job in making this car look killer right out of the box and there is very little if anything, to improve on the looks.

I thing I'll leave my mods for the mechanical department.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:47 AM   #133
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
-the RS badge on front grill looks silly
-the rear spoiler is way to big (bias...not a fan of any rear wings)
-the front hood ok if functional
-the wheels look to close to the 10 mustang wagon wheels

Man, that thing is hideous...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #134
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
The spoiler would look better if it actually fit.......jk

I'm digging that spoiler, will have to give it some thought for sure!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #135
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPrecious View Post
Hi, I am not going to hate on SLP, in my opinion they did a fine job, some things as in all things appeal to some and not others. I personally do not care for the rims, but thats just me, someone else may have a different taste. I do like the hood, (if it has the ability to be mounted with the original nose peice of the Camaro). As for the spoiler, it does look nice, but I must say that I truely liked the High Rise spoiler that is still an option on the chevy sites "Build Your Own", but not in production , which was quite a sad thing for me because I gasp'd when I first saw it, (much like seeing a really pretty women walk past stealing your breath....)

If any company can put together the spoiler mathching the Chevy Sites "Build you Own", I would be all over it...
i have a thread about the high rise spoiler and have people checking in on it all the time..thats the one im holding out for, or at least something very similar. so if you want to post on it and keep track you can just search my name and its the thread with High Rise Spoiler in the title. i wonder why any of these guys havent went that route yet..everyone is going dovetail or spoilers similar to this one..i know a ton of people hate the high rise but there are equally enough people that like it. especially enough people to manufacture one, or at least something different from what everyone else is doing. HEY SLP do something with a small lift and some air between the car and the spoiler, if only a couple inches, nothing like the eurol,asian trashy giant spoilers just something smooth with a little lift and some curves to match the hips of the car and the trunk..would be amazing.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #136
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
i have a thread about the high rise spoiler and have people checking in on it all the time..thats the one im holding out for, or at least something very similar. so if you want to post on it and keep track you can just search my name and its the thread with High Rise Spoiler in the title. i wonder why any of these guys havent went that route yet..everyone is going dovetail or spoilers similar to this one..i know a ton of people hate the high rise but there are equally enough people that like it. especially enough people to manufacture one, or at least something different from what everyone else is doing. HEY SLP do something with a small lift and some air between the car and the spoiler, if only a couple inches, nothing like the eurol,asian trashy giant spoilers just something smooth with a little lift and some curves to match the hips of the car and the trunk..would be amazing.
Because the high rise spoiler screams "RICER"... Not that that’s a bad thing...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:26 AM   #137
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
the ricer thing screams LAME. any muscle are with two stripes is a mustang and now any car that has a spoiler with a little lift is a ricre..LOL..that word clearly came from some guy that thought he had an awesome american car that got dominated by a jap car..LOL..like i put on another thread, anyone that says a high spoiler is a ricer, i have two word for you...JOE DIRT!!!! his car says it all..LMFAO
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #138
Al 522

Drives: 68 Camaro, 2010 Camaro
Do you have any additional information on the spoiler? We have all been waiting and no word yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
As featured on Homepage.

Okay, here are pictures of the ABM RS with SLP’s wheels, hoods, RS emblem, and rear spoiler (in prototype stage) at the Camaro Fall Classic and F-Body Summit 09.

The wheels are the finished product and will have all safety ratings like factory wheels have; should be under $1300. They are direct replacement for the Camaro’s stock wheels.

The hoods you see in the pictures are two possible products. The blue hood is a clay mold and unfinished so give SLP some slack on the finished look. If the blue hood is built, the front vent will be functional as well as a heat extractor. SLP unveiled the hoods then let everyone vote to see witch one will be built. I voted for the IOM hood. The winner will be announced in the near future. A lucky voter is going to win a copy of whichever hood is built.

The RS emblem speaks for itself. Very cool touch for those who want to replace the “Gold Bow Tie”

The Spoiler is also a prototype and unfinished. It is mounted with tape just for the show so the fit is rough. Once again cut SLP some slack. The production version will mount in the same location as the stock SS and RS spoiler. For those who have no spoiler the spoiler can be mounted with tape as well so no drilling for you V6 lovers… Also, the spoiler is made of light weight plastic so no added weight.

Enjoy…

Attachment 54270

Attachment 54271

Attachment 54272

Attachment 54273

Attachment 54274

Attachment 54275

Attachment 54276

Attachment 54277

Attachment 54278

Attachment 54279

Attachment 54282

Attachment 54283

Attachment 54284

Attachment 54285

Attachment 54286

Attachment 54287

Victory Red 2SS/RS, Grey Ralley Stripes, Ground Effects, Grey Leather, Manual Trans
Al 522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #139
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
The Ram air hood while having a nice profile @ the cowl looks funny with the small opening. The design of the wheels look like they came directly from a Hot Wheels car. I like the grille bowtie replacement and the spoiler if it didn't look like it suffered from quality issues with the open gaps in various places between the decklid & spoiler. SLP did a great job on the 4th gen SS & these guys can build some excellent looking appearance products & some nice performance products. They just dropped the ball with the products on that ABM 5th gen. Hopefully they work the kinks out and replace a those wheels & hood with better designs, and get some better quality on on the rear spoiler
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #140
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
It was stated with the photos that the gaps were caused by the proto-type spoiler taped to a Camaro.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote