Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #29
miketan

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Hang in there! I was in the same boat a few years ago. Finished my MechE with a meh GPA and regretted it when applying to grad school. Oddly enough to me grad school was a lot easier and managed to get my shit together and finished (ms) well. 3 years after school and I'm comfortably sitting at 6 figures in a relatively low cost of living area with a cushy job.
miketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #30
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketan View Post
Hang in there! I was in the same boat a few years ago. Finished my MechE with a meh GPA and regretted it when applying to grad school. Oddly enough to me grad school was a lot easier and managed to get my shit together and finished (ms) well. 3 years after school and I'm comfortably sitting at 6 figures in a relatively low cost of living area with a cushy job.
As a ChemE major, we had to take one ME class called Heat Transfer. That class almost kicked my butt to submission.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #31
miketan

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
As a ChemE major, we had to take one ME class called Heat Transfer. That class almost kicked my butt to submission.
Heat transfer is one of my favorites! Soo many practical applications and explanations for things like radiator fins, material selection, and countless other things in a car. The follow on courses you probably got to skip were thermo-heats and thermo-fluids which mix heat transfer and thermodynamic systems and fluid dynamics respectively.
miketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:02 PM   #32
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I hate to say it, but I think I am. I'm 25, I still want to be a Software Engineer who specializes in Cyber Security, I got to shadow one at my job for two, 8-hour shifts and it was awesome!!

But man, the math (calculus) is kinda intense and I have a busy work schedule as it is!

Not making excuses, but as I type this I have 3 chapters of math I have to finish tonight and I'm just exhausted mentally... sometimes I want to switch majors and do something easier school wise like Business or something...

I wont be happy doing Business, but it would be the easy way out...

Anyways... besides looking at other folks bad ass Camaros on here for motivation, what motivates/motivated you guys to suck it up, stop complaining and be successful?
If you can get the mindset calculus is not the end of the world. But when you get to differential equations that can bust a nut. I was one of seven who passed that course. Most of my roomates went business, the easy way out.

Someone who understands differential equations is invaluable.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #33
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
I'm a mechanical engineer. Bought my zl1 after one year of work, at 21... So maybe that may help you.

Engineering is very very respected in Canada. I almost failed calculus. Every class was an adventure, never knew how far I would get before failing. Bht never did, worked hard, pushed myself and made it through. Im very proud i did. Don't do the degree for the money, do it for the respect it gets you from your peers. That's why I did it, of course it opened up jobs, but I could have made similar money as a mechanic (which I did in my summers during school).

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk