Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #4579
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
Anyone selling any 9mm pistols or know of anyone selling? I'm starting to look for something a little more.
You can't find a 9mm in Wisconsin? Or are you looking strictly private seller?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #4580
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I posted this monday morning in another thread, thought you folks might enjoy.....

So, here it is, 3 in the morning. I live in the country on a state hwy. I hear a pickup idling to a stop just outside the house and the engine shuts off. I grab the .45 and look out the front glass, the same time some dude walks by the front porch and the motion lights come on. He immediately backs up into the shadows (mistake)..... I open the door and peek around the side of the house and there he is trying to hide in the shadows.

Understand, I have a loaded pistol aimed in the direction I'm looking, so safety comes off and I yell at him to get on the ground... no response (mistake). I tell him where he is and that I have a weapon aimed at his head and to GET ON THE GROUND! Down he goes.

He starts telling me who he is and he thought he was at his girlfriends house. Turns out he had a loaded pistol as well. I get his gun and I.D. he says he lives just outside of Ft. Sill, then tells me he lives on my highway 1/2 mile away. Story is full of holes. He's reeking of alcohol. I unloaded his pistol and let him talk, tells me he's Aaron Johnson and new to the area, but he got lost. I know he's full of shit but since I have his name and vehicle info I send him on his way.

Probably should have kept his pistol and let him come back for it tomorrow, just to see him in the day light. Still smells fishy. He don't realize how close he came to getting in a real live shootout at OK Corral
Holy crap!

I'm glad it didn't escalate any higher. You hear from him or see him since?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #4581
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Quote:
I posted this monday morning in another thread, thought you folks might enjoy.....

So, here it is, 3 in the morning. I live in the country on a state hwy. I hear a pickup idling to a stop just outside the house and the engine shuts off. I grab the .45 and look out the front glass, the same time some dude walks by the front porch and the motion lights come on. He immediately backs up into the shadows (mistake)..... I open the door and peek around the side of the house and there he is trying to hide in the shadows.

Understand, I have a loaded pistol aimed in the direction I'm looking, so safety comes off and I yell at him to get on the ground... no response (mistake). I tell him where he is and that I have a weapon aimed at his head and to GET ON THE GROUND! Down he goes.

He starts telling me who he is and he thought he was at his girlfriends house. Turns out he had a loaded pistol as well. I get his gun and I.D. he says he lives just outside of Ft. Sill, then tells me he lives on my highway 1/2 mile away. Story is full of holes. He's reeking of alcohol. I unloaded his pistol and let him talk, tells me he's Aaron Johnson and new to the area, but he got lost. I know he's full of shit but since I have his name and vehicle info I send him on his way.

Probably should have kept his pistol and let him come back for it tomorrow, just to see him in the day light. Still smells fishy. He don't realize how close he came to getting in a real live shootout at OK Corral
Great Story! I think you did everything right. However according to our VP you did not. Biden says you should have grabbed a double barrel shot gun and fired both rounds in the air to scare the guy away. Did you think about doing this? Read!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...off-intruders/

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #4582
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Well, since its so tough to add to the firearms collection due to the panic, its time to add to the blade collection. Boomsticks and blades FTW. Last time this happened in 2008 after the election i started a nice BusseCombat collection....also a couple Hawks from RMJ Forge. So, given the current panic....Now this......

Oh well, it should be cool for a while. Come at me trees!!!!

a Youtube vid of them trying to destroy it!!!! Pretty damn impressive. Its the ZombieTools Deuce.

Damnit Jim,

I have spent all morning trying to find one of these to buy. The company has a 15 week back order so I have been scouring blade forums trying to find either the deuce, the phalanx, or the apokatana.

I need one yesterday!!! If you know where one is for sale RIGHT NOW, let me know.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #4583
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Some of my department's instructors, who are all close friends of mine, using the prototype JTS target system. It is $45K and controlled by Ipad, Iwhatever, etc. It is completely programmable or can be set on random mode and you can require multiple hits before the target goes down. I don't think we are getting one anytime soon because of the cost. They better invite me next time.

Last edited by blake-b; 02-20-2013 at 02:46 PM.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #4584
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Holy crap!

I'm glad it didn't escalate any higher. You hear from him or see him since?
Me too! I called the Sheriffs dept the next day, and let the neighbors know to keep an eye out, but I think he's long gone. Deputy scolded me, said I should have called ASAP, and that I took all the fun out of it for him by waiting. Apparently DUI and armed is a felony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
Great Story! I think you did everything right. However according to our VP you did not. Biden says you should have grabbed a double barrel shot gun and fired both rounds in the air to scare the guy away. Did you think about doing this? Read!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...off-intruders/
I saw that on facebook
Sometimes a shotgun is a good option, but in this case, not so much. He was trying to hide halfway down a wall in the shadows, I was having to aim leaned over on my weak (left) side. A shotgun or rifle would have felt alien to me.

I learned a LOT that night. I can shoot pistol either hand, so I was completely confident, but I approached him, gave up my cover, before he was disarmed. BAD mojo.
Should have called cops sooner.
...and a few other no-no's.

Biden telling women to use a shotgun is toatally foolish and irresponsible. If I was a woman and needed a plumber, I'd call a plumber. If I needed a carpenter I'd call a carpenter. If I needed a self defense weapon I guess I should call a politician
Old 02-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #4585
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Quote:
Me too! I called the Sheriffs dept the next day, and let the neighbors know to keep an eye out, but I think he's long gone. Deputy scolded me, said I should have called ASAP, and that I took all the fun out of it for him by waiting. Apparently DUI and armed is a felony.

I saw that on facebook
Sometimes a shotgun is a good option, but in this case, not so much. He was trying to hide halfway down a wall in the shadows, I was having to aim leaned over on my weak (left) side. A shotgun or rifle would have felt alien to me.

I learned a LOT that night. I can shoot pistol either hand, so I was completely confident, but I approached him, gave up my cover, before he was disarmed. BAD mojo.
Should have called cops sooner.
...and a few other no-no's.

Biden telling women to use a shotgun is toatally foolish and irresponsible. If I was a woman and needed a plumber, I'd call a plumber. If I needed a carpenter I'd call a carpenter. If I needed a self defense weapon I guess I should call a politician
My issue with Biden's comment was to go outside and shoot two rounds in the air to scare away. He is advocating firing first, using up your ammo, and then retreating. What are the cops going to say when they show up?

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #4586
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
My issue with Biden's comment was to go outside and shoot two rounds in the air to scare away. He is advocating firing first, using up your ammo, and then retreating. What are the cops going to say when they show up?
Yeah, that's really bad advice. If someone wants to fire a warning shot that's cool, but don't disarm yourself in the process.

Training is more important than the weapon being used... telling a woman to shoot recklessly is REALLY bad advice!

A woman can be fitted for a shotgun, and trained to use it well in self defense... that's the woman that would scare me!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #4587
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
fire a warning shot
Firing a warning shot can posibbly be seen as premeditation or not being in fear of your life! NEVER do it....
If you fire to protect yourself fire for affect
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #4588
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Firing a warning shot can posibbly be seen as premeditation or not being in fear of your life! NEVER do it....
If you fire to protect yourself fire for affect

Firing a warning shot is possibly one of the most irresponsible things you can do as a gun owner. Even firing up in the air... you don't know where the bullet is going to come down at. It really does seem like a good idea, but it's really not when you think about it.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 02-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #4589
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post

Firing a warning shot is possibly one of the most irresponsible things you can do as a gun owner.ire fight. f Even firing up in the air... you don't know where the bullet is going to come down at. It really does seem like a good idea, but it's really not when you think about it.
In my situation, any shot fired, by either of us would have likely started a fire fight.

Disarm the man AND the situation. Fortunately that worked for me.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #4590
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
You can't find a 9mm in Wisconsin? Or are you looking strictly private seller?
I haven't looked a whole lot, I'm 20 right now, so buying from a shop is out of the option for the next month or so, which is why I ask here. I wouldn't mind buying from a shop though, not so sure what exactly to be looking for in the $400 or less range though.

Also, do you guys know if I can send in for my CCW before I turn 21 if they return it after I'm 21?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #4591
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Damnit Jim,

I have spent all morning trying to find one of these to buy. The company has a 15 week back order so I have been scouring blade forums trying to find either the deuce, the phalanx, or the apokatana.

I need one yesterday!!! If you know where one is for sale RIGHT NOW, let me know.
Hey Blake, im in the same boat. I just accepted the 15 week wait. Not as bad as waiting for an ATF Form 1 or Form 4 to get approved. The Zombie Tools stuff is pretty popular.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #4592
kalimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
I haven't looked a whole lot, I'm 20 right now, so buying from a shop is out of the option for the next month or so, which is why I ask here. I wouldn't mind buying from a shop though, not so sure what exactly to be looking for in the $400 or less range though.

Also, do you guys know if I can send in for my CCW before I turn 21 if they return it after I'm 21?
Ah I see. You can't purchase a handgun before 21 in WI. I'm actually considering moving back to WI in a couple months. I'm still reading up on some of those laws... haven't lived there in 13 years.

For the 400 or less range, there are quite a few options. I think you can even get some of the low end Sigs for that price. My advice though, is to save up some extra and buy a good quality handgun. Don't skimp out on it. If you're looking for something to CCW, just make sure it's the right size. It doesn't need to be tiny, but a 1911 (for example) would be a terrible CCW gun lol

Tags
camaro gun