Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think of the style of the 2015 Mustang?
Really like it. 62 21.99%
Undecided, but leaning positive. 80 28.37%
Undecided, but leaning negative. 69 24.47%
Don't like it at all. 71 25.18%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #43
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I am seeing a lot of Nissan Altima coupe and 370Z in the roof line and rear quarter window.
1st thing I thought when I saw it. I had 350z and loved it.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #44
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I'm going to say it's a failure. The design is boring. It's a mild evolution from the current car but it looks to much like the fusion, etc. They want it to be global but I feel they may have alienated the customers that have stood buy them the most. This can only be good for the Camaro.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #45
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
The 500 hp model will be years later not months.
The fact that a 500 HP base Mustang is possible should be enough to worry about. If it becomes a reality, I don't see how GM could respond.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #46
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Is it going to be classified as a 2+2 like the Nissan Z with that rear slope? There were people complaining about the Camaro's rear seats head room. Gotta wait to see it in person, the photos are not very flattering.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #47
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Better than ugly ain't necessary beautiful. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't sloped so much, IMO.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
Not doing it for me, looks less agressive. Seems they are trying to go after the global market/ get people who drive asian coupes to switch over, nothing wrong with that but not my thing.
AGM 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #49
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
lol it looks like a early 2000's model Tiburon
Yea I see those body lines too a bit.

I want to see one of these up close and personal before making my official opinion. Overall though I think it looks nice!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #50
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The fact that a 500 HP base Mustang is possible should be enough to worry about. If it becomes a reality, I don't see how GM could respond.
They wont till GM snuffs out, outdated pushrod motors...sorry guys dohc is better in every aspect except center of gravity.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #51
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Still looks the same to me. I know changes were made but not enough drastic ones to say "yup trading in my camaro." Makes sense though, it would cost them too much in the factory to change too many things. They dont have the camaro guys mentality, they have the short term vision for profits. Visually I would choose the challenger any day over mustang. thanks for the post.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #52
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Still looks the same to me. I know changes were made but not enough drastic ones to say "yup trading in my camaro." Makes sense though, it would cost them too much in the factory to change too many things. They dont have the camaro guys mentality, they have the short term vision for profits. Visually I would choose the challenger any day over mustang. thanks for the post.
No way, the challenger is a huge boat and drives like one...they looked cool in 09..now? pffff imo....give me an SS or GT over that slug.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #53
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
No way, the challenger is a huge boat and drives like one...they looked cool in 09..now? pffff imo....give me an SS or GT over that slug.
I said visually....performance-wise mustang over challenger. Of course my SS is number one in any sentence that involves these three muscle cars. I guess everytime i see a mustang its like seeing any other car (corolla, camary, minivans...lol)

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #54
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
LOL on the steering wheel.

I had MyFordTouch in my Focus ST & I learned to love it. My '13 GT has Sync & it's alright (& allows for apps that MFT didn't), but the MFT has really gotten good w/ all the software updates.

The rear diffuser is butt ugly. I'm still waiting for Friday to see a real one & what the GT will look like, but I'm not impressed so far.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #55
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Looking at it, if they get the weight to what the 370Z weighs, and get the engine to 430 or more with a bit more torque than they have now, then Camaro will have its work cut out for it. That Mustang is gonna be FAST!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #56
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMnky View Post
Post 77 of this thread says its a base v6:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969
Hrrmmm...must not have been posted yet when I read through or I just missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
According to some pretty solid sources it will launch with current 430hp Coyote but will be replaced "several months later" with a new 500hp version. It is of course rumor for now but it wouldn't be the first time Ford was done that sort of thing with the Mustang.
All I was commenting on was what it will launch with, and 500HP it will not get. If the base GT does get 500 HP after a few years that would be absolutely stunning.

Quote:
They wont till GM snuffs out, outdated pushrod motors...sorry guys dohc is better in every aspect except center of gravity.
Can't tell if you are joking or not? lol The LT1 is a friggin awesome engine, and very near hits 500HP with just a tune.