Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #337
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
So, a quick question here: Was all that hubbub about GM deciding how many allocations of each engine type (V6, V8) completely wrong? As in, GM will send the cars that were ordered instead of forcing an allocation of an engine type?
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #338
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
So, a quick question here: Was all that hubbub about GM deciding how many allocations of each engine type (V6, V8) completely wrong? As in, GM will send the cars that were ordered instead of forcing an allocation of an engine type?
Long story short (anyone feel free to disagree)

Chevy's initial emphasis is to get one V6 to each and every dealer for "exposure". After that, they will build our "sold" orders based on a variety of factors including total dealer allocation, readily available parts for specific build combinations, logistics of trucking them around the country, etc... We were told yesterday that the only thing you can count on is that Chevy is doing everything they can to have delivered all of the 10,000+ current sold orders by the end of October. IMO, October is more than safe; I would bet all sold orders will be delivered by the end of August- pure speculation on my part.

edit-> There is one thing being "forced". As I said each dealer will receive a V6 first that DOES NOT count against their allocation. However, they MUST also take another V6 as part of their allocation. For the dealership with 20 cars allotted, no big deal. For the dealership with an allotment of 3 that has taken pre-orders for all SS's , one of the orders will not be filled as one MUST BE a V6.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #339
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Another thing to ponder - the pre-sale orders are price protected....

Just an FYI to those who said they may cancel & wait.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #340
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Another thing to ponder - the pre-sale orders are price protected....

Just an FYI to those who said they may cancel & wait.
Excellent point...

Woohoo, I waited 6 months to order and got mine at $1000 under MSRP

Umm, why is the sticker price $1200 more than it was back in Oct 08?

trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #341
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
No it wasn't. GM will be building pre-ordered cars as part of allocation. The issue is that the allocation slots for SS's that have been ordered may take a while to get filled by GM. We don't know exactly how long this will be.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:10 AM   #342
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Umm, why is the sticker price $1200 more than it was back in Oct 08?
Supply and demand. Trust me, it'll go up higher than that before it's all over.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:31 AM   #343
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Thanks for clarifying the stripes thing. It was related to color not length. GM is considering installing more colors at the factory instead of only installing a few and having the dealers install the rest. They did not discuss changing the length of the stripes at all.
The length of the stripes is the only thing kee[ing me and I'm many many people from getting them.. I wish they looked exactly like the concept vert and Bumblebee's..
Old 01-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #344
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Its about 15,000 that I don't have thats keeping me from ordering... Sad day...
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #345
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
FBODFATHER

This is my first post on this matter, and probably my last. You need to get away from all of us while the fur is flying, or you're going to have a heart attack or a brain aneurysm and never get to enjoy your own personal 2010 Camaro! When you're up to it and have something YOU WANT to add, start your own thread (we'll all still be here eagerly awaiting your return).

There is something else I figured out a long time ago. People suck...that's why I love dogs soooooo much!!! And when the time comes for the dog and I to go pick up our SS at the dealership, none of what's been going on here lately will even be remembered!

Thank you very much for all the time and energy you've devoted to all of us as well as GM. It really is appreciated.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #346
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Long story short (anyone feel free to disagree)

Chevy's initial emphasis is to get one V6 to each and every dealer for "exposure". After that, they will build our "sold" orders based on a variety of factors including total dealer allocation, readily available parts for specific build combinations, logistics of trucking them around the country, etc... We were told yesterday that the only thing you can count on is that Chevy is doing everything they can to have delivered all of the 10,000+ current sold orders by the end of October. IMO, October is more than safe; I would bet all sold orders will be delivered by the end of August- pure speculation on my part.

edit-> There is one thing being "forced". As I said each dealer will receive a V6 first that DOES NOT count against their allocation. However, they MUST also take another V6 as part of their allocation. For the dealership with 20 cars allotted, no big deal. For the dealership with an allotment of 3 that has taken pre-orders for all SS's , one of the orders will not be filled as one MUST BE a V6.
In these cases perhaps the person who is unlucky waits a month or two longer, no big deal..Is it fair? Not really, but there is a reason why allocations were given and because pre-orders took place. GM now knows how many V8's vs V6's they must make.. Since it is enthusiasts buying at first, they should have known it would be a whole lot more V8's, however once we all get our fast cars, the V6's should riegn king in sales for the rest of the Camaro's production runs..
Old 01-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #347
Skidmark

Drives: none
Hello,
im new to the camaro forums but often visited the site (everyday) to find out about this long awaited car!
i hope to get one for a graduation/birthday present but since the delay came out im confused.
which camaros will be made first? Showroom cars or ordered cars?
can someone give me an estimate when dealers will be selling V6's?
Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 AM   #348
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
OH NO ....not another 29 pages!!!
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:15 AM   #349
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
FBODFATHER

This is my first post on this matter, and probably my last. You need to get away from all of us while the fur is flying, or you're going to have a heart attack or a brain aneurysm and never get to enjoy your own personal 2010 Camaro! When you're up to it and have something YOU WANT to add, start your own thread (we'll all still be here eagerly awaiting your return).

There is something else I figured out a long time ago. People suck...that's why I love dogs soooooo much!!! And when the time comes for the dog and I to go pick up our SS at the dealership, none of what's been going on here lately will even be remembered!

Thank you very much for all the time and energy you've devoted to all of us as well as GM. It really is appreciated.

LOL he needs a long vacation on a hot beach with several hot looking model type gals around him or a weekend in Seattle one of the two lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:40 AM   #350
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Hello,
im new to the camaro forums but often visited the site (everyday) to find out about this long awaited car!
i hope to get one for a graduation/birthday present but since the delay came out im confused.
which camaros will be made first? Showroom cars or ordered cars?
can someone give me an estimate when dealers will be selling V6's?
welcome to the site you sure came in at a weird time. the news from yesterday really started a war around here.

basically, from what i understand, all dealers will get 2 V6 models at first. one will be a showroom car (not counted towards the allotment) & the other will be a V6 they can custom order. afterwards, dealers will be given more allocations and it will be up to them whether or not to order for their stock or fill customers' pre-orders. if you've already placed an order, you need to have a chat with your dealer about what they're doing with regard to that. V8s will have fewer initial allocations given, but WILL be built on time and they expect to have all the pre-orders filled by next fall.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote