Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #71
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Personally, I think we need to bring back another classic, the Bel-Air
Name:  789.jpg
Views: 50769
Size:  112.3 KB
Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #72
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
Too bad the 1970 Chevelle is ugly as hell. Get a 1969 Chevelle and do what Dodge did. Just make it street legal. Make a copy! MAKE IT....NOW!
I completely disagree. I think 1970 was the high-point for GM design. I may be a bit biased, as my first car was a 1970 Olds Cutlass, but I absolutely love 1970 A and F-bodies.

And why copy an old car? If you like the style, buy the original. What is wrong with being new, original and interesting. It would be boring if nothing ever changed.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #73
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post

I actually really like this design. I would buy it.
MikesZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #74
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I completely disagree. I think 1970 was the high-point for GM design. I may be a bit biased, as my first car was a 1970 Olds Cutlass, but I absolutely love 1970 A and F-bodies.

And why copy an old car? If you like the style, buy the original. What is wrong with being new, original and interesting. It would be boring if nothing ever changed.
Why copy the classics, because this was the the height of American Auto design (IMO) and has a big following still. One reason that we own a 2010 is because it takes the best of both worlds and owns it. I never much cared of the Camaro after 73 and this car was the first in a long time that made me want to buy it. We own two classics, two DD and now the 2010 and believe me I would buy another if it was in the budget. I favor the classics and love the fact that the US auto industry has taken some of the styling ques from this and added what all the classic lack from the moder era. I'm all for new, but believe this is why the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger are doing so well. JM2C

Last edited by GrnMchin; 08-05-2009 at 07:07 PM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #75
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I see a big difference between retaining styling cues (good!) and copying (bad). I think the Camaro does a terrific job of taking classic Camaro style and modernizing it perfectly. It doesn't look retro. It looks like what a proper evolution for the model should look like. The cues are all there, and people who care would know what it was even without badges (ignore the people from the "What is the stupidest thing people have said about your Camaro thread) yet you wouldn't mistake it for being anything other than a 2010 model either. The Challenger, on the other hand, shows zero originality or modernity. It looks stuck in the past. The Camaro aged well, with confidence, knowing it was great in the past, and is still great now. The Challenger, on the other hand, is Uncle Rico.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #76
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I see a big difference between retaining styling cues (good!) and copying (bad). I think the Camaro does a terrific job of taking classic Camaro style and modernizing it perfectly. It doesn't look retro. It looks like what a proper evolution for the model should look like. The cues are all there, and people who care would know what it was even without badges (ignore the people from the "What is the stupidest thing people have said about your Camaro thread) yet you wouldn't mistake it for being anything other than a 2010 model either. The Challenger, on the other hand, shows zero originality or modernity. It looks stuck in the past. The Camaro aged well, with confidence, knowing it was great in the past, and is still great now. The Challenger, on the other hand, is Uncle Rico.
I total respect that, but to me copy means bring back chrome bumper, door handle and such. I like the fact that the Challenger brings back the classic style and yes is more like the original then the Camaro for sure. Some of my friends like that fact other could care less. It really doesn't bother me as much, but I total respect your opinion even if we differ.

Last edited by GrnMchin; 08-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:53 AM   #77
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Well, here is a sketch I did a few days ago of a Chevelle Concept. If tried to follow the Camaro's formula of having visual retro cues (in this case, the grille and headlamps), but keeping a modern stance to it. I'm actually doing a full colored concept on my computer right now. If anyone read my post in the "What do you do thread", I mentioned that I was thinking about becoming a designer. I've had no formal classes on Vehicular Graphics, just 2 years of High School Level art, but this will give you a look into how I draw up a concept car.

So, do you love it, like it, or hate it? Be honest. As an art student, I'm use to "constructive criticism and critiquing". What would you like me to keep in it? What do you want to see changed or removed?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #78
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Looks pretty good, but the back end needs some work, looks a little squished together.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:26 PM   #79
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

OK tying to be constructive , Looks like a cross between a 2010 Camaro and Mustang. Not really feeling it, But I can't draw anything other then a stick figure so a lot better then I could do.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #80
GTR
Mohawk is the new Mullet

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Send a message via MSN to GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
Well, here is a sketch I did a few days ago of a Chevelle Concept. If tried to follow the Camaro's formula of having visual retro cues (in this case, the grille and headlamps), but keeping a modern stance to it. I'm actually doing a full colored concept on my computer right now. If anyone read my post in the "What do you do thread", I mentioned that I was thinking about becoming a designer. I've had no formal classes on Vehicular Graphics, just 2 years of High School Level art, but this will give you a look into how I draw up a concept car.

So, do you love it, like it, or hate it? Be honest. As an art student, I'm use to "constructive criticism and critiquing". What would you like me to keep in it? What do you want to see changed or removed?

I see way too much 2004 - 2009 Saleen Mustang in there. You definitely need more details on there if you wanna make it look apart. Other then that looks pretty badass.

Here's my 2 minute drawing...was supposed to be a Camaro but I guess it could work as a Chevelle too, lol.

Lemme know what you guys think. Sorry about the darkness, as you can tell from the shadow of my hand, I don't have a scanner. I had to take a picture of the paper.

Anyone who calls the R35 GT-R a "GTR" is a f***ing moron.

Last edited by GTR; 04-22-2010 at 04:04 AM.
GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #81
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
I see way too much 2004 - 2009 Saleen Mustang in there. You definitely need more details on there if you wanna make it look apart. Other then that looks pretty badass.

Here's my 2 minute drawing...was supposed to be a Camaro but I guess it could work as a Chevelle too, lol.

Lemme know what you guys think. Sorry about the darkness, as you can tell from the shadow of my hand, I don't have a scanner. I had to take a picture of the paper.
hm, i just don't see much chevelle in that drawing (though I WILL give you props on your skills, i can't draw for crap!).

Now I don't think it should look EXACTLY like the original, but take a page from the 5th Gen Camaro's book and modernize it while maintaining some of the signature looks it had.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #82
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVY4LF View Post
I still LOVE this design
Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #83
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
I would love to see a Chevelle. IMO (reference to the picture in the post before mine) the car looks a bit too much of a luxury vehicle. If it was badged as something other than a Chevelle - it would be perfect. When I hear "Chevelle" or "Camaro", I think BAD ASS. Basically - This car needs something tweaked so it looks more Chevelle instead of luxury.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #84
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Looks to me like it could be a 2003-2009 Camaro
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote