Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Tail Light Removal

How hard is it to remove the 4 tail lights? And can you take the tail lights out WITH the chrome bezel still intact. I just got the lens tint and I'm sure I'd break the bezel's if I tried to get them off. I think I'd have a better shot at not breaking anything if I could just remove the tail lights, then take the bezel's off so I can see what I'm doing and apply the tint with them off. I may be easier that way, I'm not really sure.

If its just a few bolts, and a few electrical connectors I think I'll do it this way.

Is there a guide, a video or anything like that, that shows how to remove them?

Or should I just go slow with removing the bezels, and apply the tint with the lights still on the car?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
This video helps.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=bezel+remove

You're going to have to remove the bezels to get the taillights out. Just go slow!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
No, I was hoping that I didn't have to take the bezel's off to get the tail lights off. But now that I see that's how you have to do it, I guess I'll just take the bezel's off then put the tint on that way.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Bone
2SS RJT OWNER/OPERATOR

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJT
Try this previous post. And you will have to remove the chrome bezels. Sorry... Link to follow:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65009

Hope that helped...
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
If you are going to be installing our HeadlightArmor smoked taillight kit, it was designed to be installed with the bezels in place. Removing the bezels would likely make them harder to install. If you have something else, I would ask how they were intended to be put on.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote