Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #239
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
Not sure why, but if I have mine set on 9 and my car is cold. It surges real bad when I am starting from a stand still. Only I can figure is the quick throttle response is to much when the car has been sitting over night.

After the car is warmed up it does not do it on the same setting. I am still trying to figure out where I like the setting for every day driving. GM should have these on the Gen 6 cars. Kind of their answer to the line lock on the Mustangs.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #240
mrlarrys

Drives: 2013 ruby red tincoat HURST 1LT
Just installed my controller - like all have said - makes a noticeable difference especially with traction control off and in "M" mode for you automatics. Well worth the $180.00 and an easy install. The hardest part of the install is trying to pop off the white clip, then pull the wiring harness up while lifting up the retaining clip to release the harness plug. Easy set up of controller and you are done in about 5 minutes! a must have plug in performance upgrade that made my auto V6 with a ported and polished throttle body and CAI engine come alive.
mrlarrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #241
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19car69 View Post
Not sure why, but if I have mine set on 9 and my car is cold. It surges real bad when I am starting from a stand still. Only I can figure is the quick throttle response is to much when the car has been sitting over night.

After the car is warmed up it does not do it on the same setting. I am still trying to figure out where I like the setting for every day driving. GM should have these on the Gen 6 cars. Kind of their answer to the line lock on the Mustangs.
On the M6's when there cold they will have a real touchy throttle even without the controller....
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #242
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
It's been a week since I last heard from Vitesse. Anyone received their controllers that ordered around Oct. 19th? I'm still playing the waiting game.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #243
specialfx

Drives: 2013 LFX V6 2LS Auto
I got mine about two weeks ago, works great. Wish I had it a year ago.
specialfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:18 PM   #244
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
I GOTTA GET ONE ON MY NEXT PAYDAY HANDS DOWWNNNNNN. its that much of a difference tho bro?????
sameeeeeeee friday cant come soon enough
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #245
huggett

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
It's been a week since I last heard from Vitesse. Anyone received their controllers that ordered around Oct. 19th? I'm still playing the waiting game.
I ordered on 10/18....... nothing yet
huggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #246
hockey061890

Drives: '13 AGM 2LT RS M6
I ordered 10/15...nothing here either
Old 10-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #247
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggett View Post
I ordered on 10/18....... nothing yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey061890 View Post
I ordered 10/15...nothing here either
That's what I'm thinking, those of us that ordered during that week are going to take it in the shorts in terms of us getting our controllers anytime soon. I checked my PayPal and they certainly got their money from me and you can bet they made sure to get that in their account quick. Yet not a peep out of them unless you send an email asking them.

I still want my controller but I do think it is a little BS that they can't get their sh*t together any better than that and fill the orders. At least tell people they are on back order and list it on their website.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #248
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
mine went in oct19,,,i called him, and was told ,,waiting on harness..? that is all.sounds like 1 man operation ..:(
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #249
goldcoastmat

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS convertable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecky View Post
I was not intending to sound negative. It does work great. I was just making sure I installed it right, and didn't f anything up. I am keeping it. I love it. I think my number is 8 or 9.

Dig it
Wasn't accusing you of slamming the product lol, This is obviously some sort of bug or odd behavior.

Any response on it yet? do you know what the issue was?

Mods list to long to fit in sig now lol

Check build thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377507
goldcoastmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #250
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Thank you all for this long wait.

We will restart shipping our Controllers starting this Saturday. I spoke to our supplier and they've made us an additional 100 harnesses and they were already shipped. Should arrive tomorrow or Friday.

As soon as I ship the controllers to you, I will send you Tracking #s.

Thank you again for your patience !
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #251
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
So, whatever you do, don't accidentally disconnect the line from the main controller box to the pedal harness, and start the car/try to drive. The car becomes VERY unhappy when you do so.

Took it into the body shop today (since some douche put a nice big dent on my passenger side by the gills...$1500 worth of damage ), and before I went I set the controller back to SP0, then blindly reached to where I have the controller box hidden and unplugged what I THOUGHT was the remote control.

Ahh, nope! That was the line leading to the pedal. Service Stabilitrak, reduced power mode, CEL, and, of course, absolutely NO pedal response. I mean, pressing the gas pedal had no effect whatsoever. Which makes sense, I guess, since I basically cut the harness circuit by disconnecting it.

Ugh. Figured it out, cleared the codes, and was on my way.

Moral of the story: Don't blindly disconnect things, even if you're "sure" it's the right plug.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:42 PM   #252
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
So, whatever you do, don't accidentally disconnect the line from the main controller box to the pedal harness, and start the car/try to drive. The car becomes VERY unhappy when you do so.

Took it into the body shop today (since some douche put a nice big dent on my passenger side by the gills...$1500 worth of damage ), and before I went I set the controller back to SP0, then blindly reached to where I have the controller box hidden and unplugged what I THOUGHT was the remote control.

Ahh, nope! That was the line leading to the pedal. Service Stabilitrak, reduced power mode, CEL, and, of course, absolutely NO pedal response. I mean, pressing the gas pedal had no effect whatsoever. Which makes sense, I guess, since I basically cut the harness circuit by disconnecting it.

Ugh. Figured it out, cleared the codes, and was on my way.

Moral of the story: Don't blindly disconnect things, even if you're "sure" it's the right plug.
Atleast we know for sure the fail safe works now haha
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote