Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
mf20

Drives: none yet
2012 v6 camaro headers with new exhaust manifold

I have been reading about the new "LFX" engine in the 2012 v6 camaro as compared to the prior LLT; i now a lot of people put aftermarket headers on with the LLT, but with the new integrated exhaust manifolds on the 2012 that eliminate the 8 gaskets, 4 bolts, and 12 pounds won't it no longer be possible to install the bolt on long-tube headers such as the bbk long tube headers popular with the 2010-2011 model? I am very interested in this subject and would sincerly appreciate any information or related insight you could give me regarding this subject. Thanks in advance for any replies.

link for the bbk headers
http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...headers-v6.htm

link for article regarding integrated exhaust manifold
http://yourchevycamaro.com/news/2012...old-components
mf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Well the thing is the LFX engine will have only a single outlet now, so I am not exactly sure what header options you could look at. Honestly, your best bet would be adding a turbo like the guys with the Subarus do.

Anyone got better idea let me know, I feel like I am talkin out of my ass.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
mf20

Drives: none yet
Thankyou very much for the reply blade; i have been looking at some of the turbo kits for sale with the v6 and they look like the best option if you are looking for a serious power upgrade, however I was curious about the headers and I would miss the sound they add while benefiting performance as well, i am sure a turbo with a BOV would sound nice too but thats a different animal
mf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf20 View Post
Thankyou very much for the reply blade; i have been looking at some of the turbo kits for sale with the v6 and they look like the best option if you are looking for a serious power upgrade, however I was curious about the headers and I would miss the sound they add while benefiting performance as well, i am sure a turbo with a BOV would sound nice too but thats a different animal
Since the 2012 have a single out for the headers, it may be easy to fab up an engine bay mounted twin turbo system!!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Since the 2012 have a single out for the headers, it may be easy to fab up an engine bay mounted twin turbo system!!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf20 View Post
Oh I know......but engineering wise, I am dead sure headers won't be worth the money for this engine. Maybe you get a fatter down-pipe, I need to talk to some engine guys who have looked at the engine up close, before figuring this out.

As of now, you will get some awesome sound upgrade with a regular old catback exhaust for this car. Then save up money for a turbo package. BTW....the current turbo packages will have to be altered before you can use in the LFX engine.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 v6, exhaust, headers, lfx, manifold