Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
MY NEW BITTER SWEET CAMARO......

I finally picked up my baby. I picked her up on Fri(09/18) from PADDOCK CHEVY. I drove thursday night from Brooklyn, N.Y. to Buffalo, N.Y., approximately 405 miles. I slept over and first thing in the morning went to dealer and signed the paper work. First off, I am completely in love with this car..!!! That being said... This is where the bitter sweet part comes in. When I first spoke to chris(sales man) about 2 weeks before I went over there, I asked him what the mileage was on the car. He seemed hesitant to tell me but I kept asking and he finally said it was 18 miles on speedo. I arrived at the dealership and met with chris, he walked me over to look at the car. . Now when I sat in the car, I started her up and BANG!!!, the speedo read 36 miles. WTF!!! I was pissed. Ironically, before I went to buffalo I read a post from DRAGONEYE (moderator) on how he went to PADDOCK CHEVY and test drove an IOM 2SS camaro. As it turns out, he test drove MY IOM 2SS camaro. So I proceed to ask chris how is it possible that a SOLD camaro was being test driven....!??? Chris looked at me and was speechless. Now, what am I to do...? I just drove over 400 miles to pick up my new camaro and find out she was "handled" before me. To top it all off, there was a paint chip on the front bumper. AGAIN, WTF..!!! Chris told me that they will pay for the repair of the chip at my local dealer. I agreed and proceeded to sign the paper work. I just feel that it was wrong of them to allow a sold camaro to be used for a test drive. Nothing against DRAGONEYE, but it was the responsibility of the dealer to ensure nothing happened to MY camaro. Am I wrong..??? So I start my voyage back home. I really enjoyed the drive and alternated my RPM's on the way back, ensuring a good brake-in. Once I arrived back in Brooklyn, I met up with my 12 yrs old nephew, who wanted a ride. I wanted to show him a little power and "stepped" on the gas to chirp my tires, but to my surprise..... nothing. I had it in sport mode with trac and stability off and started from a dead stop. Well, I guess to top it all off, as if it wasn't bad enough already; I have one of the "slow" L99's. Can I get a break...???

P.S. sorry for the long post but just needed to vent and I just got back from vacation, so that's why it took me so long to post this. Pix to come soon.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
Old 09-26-2009, 02:56 AM   #2
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
lololololololololol. I'd laugh like HELL if he just deleted this thread! But yes they shouldn't be allowed to let someone test drive a SOLD car. I almost didn't take my Camaro home when I got mine, since they forgot to order the RS version of it.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:09 AM   #3
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
I'd have to work in some free oil changes, before I signed. Granted mine had, still hase many micro scratches pretty much all over the car.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:48 AM   #4
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Dude relax man. First off i took out a 2SS for a test run as well and could not churp the tires either. The motor needs to break in plus there is a chance they put 87 fuel in so they messed up the tables in the computer so u have to pull a fuse to fix that. Dont worry once broken in she will fly.

Last edited by Thrillz; 09-26-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I can't believe your dealer allowed that. He need to have his head examined.
Tell them you want to test drive a ZR1 Vette for the weekend.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #6
BigFish

Drives: 1971 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
lololololololololol. I'd laugh like HELL if he just deleted this thread! But yes they shouldn't be allowed to let someone test drive a SOLD car. I almost didn't take my Camaro home when I got mine, since they forgot to order the RS version of it.
Did you get your $$$$ back for the RS
Old 09-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
Susantroy1
To All Veterans

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Dude relax man. First off i took out a 2SS for a test run as well and could not churp the tires either.
The exact reason why I'd ask for 1K off price for every 10 miles put on it. 36 miles = 3,600 off the price..... If you say no I'll take my deposit and go elsewhere...simple. YOU NEVER KNOW HOW THEY TREATED THAT CAR!!

To the OP concerning you not getting the RS option.... well all I can say is there are some hard-up/desperate folks that will take anything

And we wonder where the customer service went to in America...... Because you accept their inept business practices....
Old 09-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #8
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Chris would have hearing damage if I were his customer. That's crap.

Per my request, Toby, at Classic Grapevine took mine off the truck, left the white plastic transport tape on.... etc. 12 miles on the Odo.

Regardless, you will love your new camaro. Treat it well and you will forget about this episode and have permagrin like the rest of us.

I just wouldn't ever go back to PADDOCK again.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #9
Phoneguy

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro CGM 2LT
I would have been pretty upset to find that out myself. Especially knowing that there was no way there should be that many miles on it already.

I don't know what they can do for you know but I would have been asking the GM/Owner of the dealership for an explanation.

FirstLSK, you had 12 miles on it already when it arrived in Grapevine? I picked mine up at James Wood in Denton and only had 5. Before I ordered, I stopped by Grapevine just to see if I could look inside one and the sales guy told me that I couldn't because the buyers are a little funny about the idea of other people looking at their car. I even told him that I didn't want to touch it, just to look inside. No Dice!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #10
OddJob

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I think that is horrible! I can't believe they let your car out for a test drive!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #11
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Why would they delete this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2010camaross View Post
I'd have to work in some free oil changes, before I signed. Granted mine had, still hase many micro scratches pretty much all over the car.
Yeah, your right. I should contact him about some extra's on his part. It would only be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Dude relax man. First off i took out a 2SS for a test run as well and could not churp the tires either. The motor needs to break in plus there is a chance they put 87 fuel in so they messed up the tables in the computer so u have to pull a plug to fix that. Dont worry once broken in she will fly.
Again, nothing negative towards DragonEye(not his fault) but exactly my point. I don't know how this car was treated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
I can't believe your dealer allowed that. He need to have his head examined.
Tell them you want to test drive a ZR1 Vette for the weekend.
LOL..... Works for me!

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
Old 09-26-2009, 08:26 AM   #12
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

[QUOTE=Susantroy1;970858]The exact reason why I'd ask for 1K off price for every 10 miles put on it. 36 miles = 3,600 off the price..... If you say no I'll take my deposit and go elsewhere...simple. YOU NEVER KNOW HOW THEY TREATED THAT CAR!!

Exactly...!!

Last edited by eddie SS; 09-26-2009 at 08:29 AM. Reason: quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #13
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susantroy1 View Post
The exact reason why I'd ask for 1K off price for every 10 miles put on it. 36 miles = 3,600 off the price..... And we wonder where the customer service went to in America...... Because you accept their inept business practices....
1. It's not like he was buying an off the lot Malibu...the buyer has no leverage with these cars at this point and the dealer isn't going to discount the price when they can sell the car for sticker by days end to someone else.

2. Amen about the customer service...well said.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #14
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
That's very wrong man :(.

Closed Thread