Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #15
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
Exactly what is bulls*** about what i said. I didn't say it was coimng out for sure, because I wouldn't want to stir things up with the non-believers, but in reality what I said about the market changing, and how the Camaro will be too late is all relatively true to a certain degree, I think anyone could agree to a certain extent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
And now Toyota has a new hybrid car aimed to replace the Supra, and it will compete to take away buyers of the pony cars, which is what Toyota said it aims to do, in which with a good looking fresh design and a hybrid six cylinder pushing out at least 400hp, lets face it it realistically could change the martket. Toyota is a much more reliable car than Chevrolet, and if its a hybrid you know how the new generation is "save the world, keep it clean," with this car they will be doing so as they laugh at the corvette, in its rear view mirror, on thier local highway. Chevrolet needs this car or they will lose out on the market and many Chevy loyalists will switch sides!
Might want to check the latest JD Power findings on quality/reliability before you shout out who makes a better vehicle.

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #16
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
First off I have good buddies working in dealerships ......I have buddies at that Oshawa plant)
-I've read this..... friend at dealership told me this as well"

the best way to ruin your credibility is to use the word "buddy".

buddy = you believe everything/anything people say and you say/believe what you are saying no matter what you say

see you in December 2008 when the first Camaros roll off the assembly plant in Canada (after the engineering and full scale manufacturing plant has finished pre-preperations)
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:11 PM   #17
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Lets keep this thread civil folks.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #18
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
This is funny. I'm getting a sense of deja vu all over again. Bottom line is there is NO ONE here who knows exactly when the car is coming out. We all want the car sooner rather than later. We're all here to share information, opinions, etc. I'm looking forward to the day when we can share pictures/stories about our new 5th gen Camaros. I think it was Rodney King who said it best, "Can't we all just get along?"

USA #1
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #19
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
I'm not saying Chevrolet is crap and I could care less what JD Power says I work on cars all day and own Chevys and Toyotas, Chevrolet is American and rattles like most american cars, and Toyota like most Japenese cars are reliable transmissions, and just better quality and I'm not sure what you do for a living but I own five Aamco Transmissions and I know for a fact from experience I dont read articles to know what quality is, I can tell myself, thanks!!!! I don't apperciate my opinion being judged, I don't judge any of the retarded opinions that some people post on here, I respect it and don't call it bullshit, but unless you work in this profession and have owned almost every kind of vehicle as I have, I'll have to say you and JD are B.S.ing
CoolestCamaro873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #20
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Why can't this topic be discussed without it turning into the same thing everytime
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:16 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
I've always wondered about this fact about St. Therese. But here is an article that talks alot about the St. Therese situation and never mentions anything any agreement that there cannot be a Camaro designated before 2009:http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea...409phr_camaro/
rray200, you are right. That's an excellent article and gives a lot of input about the situation. For those who haven't read it, it's a good read! I'll continue to look for printed proof of this. I didn't get it off the internet. I can post up a million and one articles on GM saying it's coming out in 2009. I can also post up quite a few articles printed in 2002/3 that say it's speculated for a 2007 year. I'm only going by the latest info I received.

I can easily see how one might think it's coming out this year. There's a lot out there pointing in that direction. But, IMO, there's more pointing it in the direction of an 09 release. I respect everyones ideas that it could come out early and if I'm proven wrong, then I'm wrong. Just like z28camaro2471 said, "Bottom line is there is NO ONE here who knows exactly when the car is coming out." Although, I do have an idea

If I came off kinda harsh on that post, I apologize to anyone offended. That wasn't my intention. So now I say...To heck w/ it all. Let's all get back to and celebrating the return of one of the most beautiful Camaros ever built!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Back to the St.Therese statement in question. I was wrong and I apologize. A majority of the info was in fact true (as I found by the link above to the St.Therese info).

Q: I'll make this short. I was told the Camaro must be a 2009 model due to contractual issues w/ the St.Therese plant and that it could not be made as a 2007/8 model. Is this true?

A: not true.

Camaro is a brand new sheet of paper - brand new architecture.........whereas Challenger is off the 300..........so it takes a minimum of two years to build a new car RIGHT.

There WERE issues with Ste. Therese and that's why it took so long for the concept to show up.

There ya go, guys. I apologize for the earlier misinformation.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok fellas. Now that we've had a chance to settle down.............. This thread was closed for a reason. It was closed for the same reason as the other thread. We are all entitled to have our own opinions and should be able to feel free to express them w/out fear of being bashed on or criticized.

With that being said, we are all here on the boards because we enjoy the discussion and the sharing of information. If you choose to post up your opinion, please feel free to do so. If you choose to read and comment on the opinion, again, please feel free to do so. However, we WILL all act like adults on the boards and we WILL NOT get carried away by acting foolish and being disrespectful to other members. Any thread can easily be closed and the posts deleted (not to mention members being warned and even worse...banned). There is a right way and a wrong way to handle a situation. It is plain and simple. Respect each other.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #24
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I don't think that there is any way they will come out as an 08 model year. Good old corporate GM is way to slow to make that happen. These discussions remind me of the Ford Shelby threads I used to read when they announced that 2 years before it came out. Guess what - it came out right when they said it would.

That being said....I'm hoping it comes out earlier!

cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #25
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I still feel mid next year. the factory hasn't been set up for production and there are only a couple of prototypes in australia. . .and well even if they go great they still have the factory to set up and then work out the kinks in the production line. which will take a while. so at the earliest I see maybe first of 08 as an 09 model.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:11 PM   #26
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I didn't have time to read thru all the thread, but let me say this:

The Camaro will NOT be out in 2007.

Period.

The new Camaro is based on a clean sheet of paper. The Challenger, on the other hand, is based on the Chrysler 300.

When you use an existing architecture, you can reduce the time it takes to bring a car to market.

Keep in mind that we only approved the new Camaro in August of 2006. We will start building new Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008. That's 25 months.

Not bad for an all-new world class architecture.

Even if a miracle happened and we could get it engineered and tooled, we don't have a plant for it until late summer of 2008.

So........don't listen to what you hear from some people. There are many people out there making claims.....but when you investigate, you hear something along the lines of:

"......well, my uncle's neighbor's sister's son's best friend's brother sells coffee filters to the GM Tech Center and HE KNOWS WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GM!!!"
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Period.
The new Camaro is based on a clean sheet of paper. The Challenger, on the other hand, is based on the Chrysler 300.
When you use an existing architecture, you can reduce the time it takes to bring a car to market.
Keep in mind that we only approved the new Camaro in August of 2006. We will start building new Camaros in the 4th quarter of 2008. That's 25 months.
Even if a miracle happened and we could get it engineered and tooled, we don't have a plant for it until late summer of 2008.
So........don't listen to what you hear from some people. There are many people out there making claims.....but when you investigate, you hear something along the lines of:

"......well, my uncle's neighbor's sister's son's best friend's brother sells coffee filters to the GM Tech Center and HE KNOWS WHAT'S HAPPENING AT GM!!!"
Thank you very much, Scott.

While it might take 2 years to have the concept roll off the line as a production vehicle, it will be worth the wait. This just gives us all the more time to put the pennies away in the bank and save up for the big daddy of them all!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #28
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Period.

He has spoken, sacrifice the virgin…

KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote