Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
Seeing the camaro colors in person

Well I have to say that some of these colors on the camaro are just awesome in person when they look just "OK" in a picture.

For the first time today in person I got to see a white, aqua blue mettalic, and the red jewel tintcoat.

In my opinion....

Aqua blue mettalic = Fantastic in person in the sunshine! Not nearly as "bright blue" looking as in pictures. I really liked the color far more than I thought I would and I really like blue on cars and trucks. Great color.

White = Very clean looking but too plain without stripes for me. This one was plain and while it looked very nice, I think some stripes are needed. I also thought it blended the bodylines together too much.

Red jewel tintcoat = holy S!!T thats a fantastic color!! I just kept staring at it and was amazed by how deep the color looked and how it highlighted the shape of the car. The car was a 2LS with the RS package and black interior. A fantastic color and I think its my new favorite.

Again, these are just my opinions, and I dont want to offend anybody who has a white one or anything. They are great looking cars no matter what!

Who else has seen the colors in person and thought how much better they are over pictures?
Old 10-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
Meeper

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS RS
I thought the same about Victory Red. It looks completely different online than it does in person. I went from "meh" to "wow".
Meeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
You should see Iom or rally yellow there stunning on this car. Honestly there isnt a color i do not like on this car they are all hot imo.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
I have seen the IOM and rally yellow in person and I agree they are great!
Old 10-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
ABM loves the sun
Once you have seen ABM, RJT, and IOM... the rest just seem so bland!
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
SS-screamer

Drives: SIM RS/SS L99
I saw an ABM and a white one today; these are not my favorite colors. The red jewelcoat and IBM are absolutely amazing though. Although with painted on cyber gray stripes, my SIM is the best!!!
SS-screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #7
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Pictures do no justice to RJT...

If you really want to know what it looks like you have to look at it in person..

I had never seen RJT(my color) in person untill I recived my car..

It looks amazing
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Wait to you see the Imperial Metallic Blue in person... Nothing else like IMO.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morepwr View Post
Well I have to say that some of these colors on the camaro are just awesome in person when they look just "OK" in a picture.

For the first time today in person I got to see a white, aqua blue mettalic, and the red jewel tintcoat.

In my opinion....

Aqua blue mettalic = Fantastic in person in the sunshine! Not nearly as "bright blue" looking as in pictures. I really liked the color far more than I thought I would and I really like blue on cars and trucks. Great color.

White = Very clean looking but too plain without stripes for me. This one was plain and while it looked very nice, I think some stripes are needed. I also thought it blended the bodylines together too much.

Red jewel tintcoat = holy S!!T thats a fantastic color!! I just kept staring at it and was amazed by how deep the color looked and how it highlighted the shape of the car. The car was a 2LS with the RS package and black interior. A fantastic color and I think its my new favorite. I've now seen RJT, IOM, RY, VR, ABM, CGM, SIM, and black in person (I've been to a lot of dealers) and like said above they are all great colors.

Again, these are just my opinions, and I dont want to offend anybody who has a white one or anything. They are great looking cars no matter what!

Who else has seen the colors in person and thought how much better they are over pictures?
RJT has a habit of doing that , as soon as I saw it in sunlight I was hooked, I drove 2hrs to see it in cloud cover and 1hr to see it in bright sun . In person I've seen RJT, IOM, VR, RY, CGM, SIM, ABM, and black (I've been to a lot of dealerships ) so all I'm missing is IBM (which I really want to see) and SW. Like said above and pretty much everywhere I haven't seen a bad color yet .
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Double post
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #11
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeper View Post
I thought the same about Victory Red. It looks completely different online than it does in person. I went from "meh" to "wow".
agree
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #12
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Just saw IBM in person the other day with SIM stripes...that is a hot combination....it was the last color I hadn't seen. I think any of the metalics look amazing....the IOM and IBM are particularly impressive in person.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
raven214

Drives: 2008 Impala LT
How does the cyber gray look in person? I'm terribly undecided on what color I want... black is my fav color in general, but on the Camaro (and I suppose all cars to an extent) it seems to mask the beauty of the grillwork, and turns the car into a giant silhouette. So I thought the CGM would be a nice compromise for a dark look while still showing the details, but my fear with gray is that it will be too dull. To me, stripes would be a must, but I don't know if that would be enough. Peeps who have seen CGM in person, does it have as much "pop" to it as the other colors?
raven214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #14
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morepwr View Post
Well I have to say that some of these colors on the Camaro are just awesome in person when they look just "OK" in a picture.

For the first time today in person I got to see a white, aqua blue metallic, and the red jewel tintcoat.

In my opinion....

Aqua blue metallic = Fantastic in person in the sunshine! Not nearly as "bright blue" looking as in pictures. I really liked the color far more than I thought I would and I really like blue on cars and trucks. Great color.

Red jewel tintcoat = holy S!!T thats a fantastic color!! I just kept staring at it and was amazed by how deep the color looked and how it highlighted the shape of the car. The car was a 2LT with the RS package and black interior. A fantastic color and I think its my new favorite.

Again, these are just my opinions, and I don't want to offend anybody who has a white one or anything. They are great looking cars no matter what!

+1

I got to see every color at Carlisle, PA in June...the only color I haven't seen in person is white, but from everyone's photos of their white cars, it looks good too...I like it the best with the ABM stripes...

I am a bit biased towards my RJT , but believe me, I get as many, if not more, compliments about the COLOR of my car, as I do about the CAMARO!!!...

The cars definitely have to be seen IN PERSON to truly appreciate how awesome they look...pictures cannot possibly do justice to most Camaro colors...

GM got it right with ALL the Camaro colors, IMHO!!!...there is NO bad Camaro color...it's all about personal preference...