Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #29
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I just emailed Schroth. There website says the Rallye 4 should be used in all cars that when the rear straps are attached they create at least a 45 degree angle. If the angle is too tight then use the Rallye 3. I have no way to test out either. I thought someone on this forum was using the Rallye 4 kit.

Also, isn't running a 5 &6 point harness illegal witout a roll bar? Because in a roll over you won't slip out and are prone to neck and head trauma or worse compared to a 4 point with ASM or stock 3 point which let you mOve around. This is what I have read elsewhere.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.

Last edited by toehead93; 07-07-2013 at 10:48 AM.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #30
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I just emailed Schroth. There website says the Rallye 4 should be used in all cars that when the rear straps are attached they create at least a 45 degree angle. If the angle is too tight then use the Rallye 3. I have no way to test out either. I thought someone on this forum was using the Rallye 4 kit.

Also, isn't running a 5 &6 point harness illegal witout a roll bar? Because in a roll over you won't slip out and are prone to neck and head trauma or worse compared to a 4 point with ASM or stock 3 point which let you mOve around. This is what I have read elsewhere.
No it's not illegal to run without a roll bar.In the event im missing something,and not quite understanding,or the other way around.How are you going to attach the shoulder part of the belt?The point of my harness bar is for the shoulder part of the belts to attach to,that is also the appropriate height and angle in the event of a roll over to keep me in my seat.As well what are you attaching the lap portion of the belt to.If this is designed to bolt in then you can only use what you already have,which is a 3pt.

When i was getting all the info i needed to make my decision,i was going to have to have someone cut holes in my floor and weld anchor points for my belts.Whether you go with 4,5or 6pt,it has to have somewhere to anchor,and this is what the tank plate is for.As you know it's totally bolt in and no holes were drilled.
Pic#1 is how my shoulder part is attached
Pic#2 is how the 2 side,and crotch parts attach,whether it's a 4,5,or 6pt there has to be an anchor point.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #31
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Gearing/tires: This is something I noticed at Grattan as well. There are some corners that 3rd didn't have a enough grunt (for me) and second was too aggressive and would result in wheel spin. In second the inside rear tire would break loose and spin on corner exit. In 3rd the tires set-up is perfect and worked fine.....If I want to drive more aggressively (drop into 2nd) I believe the 305 rear tire may help this. (a better limited slip would be the fix....but tires are cheaper to try).....I will also add power mods which will make this (perceived) lack of power in 3rd disappear, but may induce wheel spin in that gear?
Any chance the electronic throttle opening tips in a little too aggressively for when you're still carrying a lot of lateral acceleration? At autocross (pretty much a 2nd gear only activity) this has been an issue in the current Mustangs. Terry Fair battled it for a season or so at National-level STX. And I've experienced something very similar with a mechanical-throttle aftermarket EFI on a 355 SBC, so I doubt it's a marque-specific problem. It's impressive on the pre-purchase test drive and in certain street driving situations to have snappy response, but too much of a good thing can get in the way when you're seriously trying in the corners. Perhaps it can be toned down with a road course oriented tune.

Damned if I know why the driver of the Boss wouldn't want to talk. If I was him, I'd appreciate any feedback that might help. I did see it suddenly turn in a whole lot more sharply in the left hander in the video - any chance you know who it was (I may know him from some Mustang forum). I think I know what else you saw, too.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #32
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
The bad thing with a 5 &6 point hsrenss with no roll over protection is when the roof collapses your body is held in place so your head and neck will be next. A 3 point or 4 point with ASM will allow your shoulders to slip out so you don't get crushed.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #33
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Sorry, was offline a few days so I will try to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Matt, how did ur front and rear tires look? My rear left was worn pretty good on the outside but front left was worst. I need rear camber bad, not sure how to fix this without lowering springs. Front I will try to go to -1.6 or so. Maybe I will run 30psi cold too on both axles.
Tire looked good all the way around..no uneven wear or issues. As far as rear camber I am pretty sure my car had more adjustment but I didn't want anymore and looking at the tires don't appear to need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Finally, any luck with the curbs there? Turn one curb would save a lot of time but my car could not take it. As soon as rear tire goes over it the car fishtails.
I ran the turn one curb on every-lap without issue. no fishtail or loose rear end on corner exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Man the was bad azz would love to come with my 2010SS after mods and run a day with you all an get some pointers. Whats a day cost by the way????
Depending on the event figure from $125 to about $200 for a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post

Dropspeed, what are you using for track lap recorder? I have trackmaster on my phone but i have not used it yet.
Harry's Lap Timer for Iphone....I just use the $9.99 rookie edition right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Any chance the electronic throttle opening tips in a little too aggressively for when you're still carrying a lot of lateral acceleration? At autocross (pretty much a 2nd gear only activity) this has been an issue in the current Mustangs. Terry Fair battled it for a season or so at National-level STX. And I've experienced something very similar with a mechanical-throttle aftermarket EFI on a 355 SBC, so I doubt it's a marque-specific problem. It's impressive on the pre-purchase test drive and in certain street driving situations to have snappy response, but too much of a good thing can get in the way when you're seriously trying in the corners. Perhaps it can be toned down with a road course oriented tune.
I don't believe that was the issue as much as the right rear wheel "lifting" as the left front was compressed. After some conversation on here with Pete at Pedders this is one of the reason they increase the Camaro front spring rates. I have found with the LS3 that the tires break traction at the top of the gears as RPMs increase (as does HP/Torque) so it appears to be a combination of the two items mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Damned if I know why the driver of the Boss wouldn't want to talk. If I was him, I'd appreciate any feedback that might help. I did see it suddenly turn in a whole lot more sharply in the left hander in the video - any chance you know who it was (I may know him from some Mustang forum). I think I know what else you saw, too.
This session was the second time I was behind him on track and passed him so I think he just wanted to get our of the way? And to be clear he was not rude in anyway....I am talkative at the track and he was just not interested in conversation so I let it be. No idea who he was or where he was from.

-Matt
Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #34
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
HM Motorsports said only the 3 would work. But now Cornerspeed has spooked me so I need to see if the harness works without the tank plates.
Well, I ended up returning the harness. Cornerspeed was correct. Goodies Speed Shop was willing to install it at first but then decided it'd be a death trap and suggested I reconsider for two reasons. The harness was twisted under the headrest for one and then had to incline upward to the C pillar for another. They postulated that in a crash this upward tension would pop the head rest off thus creating slack in the harness toward the c pillar. And with slack the harness would not long properly hold the driver in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote