Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Car Wash

Howdy folks,

For the first time ever, since I bought my 2012 Convertible 2SS/RS in May 2012,, I took the proverbial plunge, took it to a car wash!

Previously only hand washed it, but today, car was parked in the garage for a month, filthy. Top it off, cat slept on the top, the little darling. So it had cat hair all over, lucky for him he didn't do the clawing thing.

Anyways, for $10, it was about 4 minutes of what would usually take me almost two hours when I get into really cleaning.

I drove it on the freeway for a few miles and pulled over in some parking lot and toweled it all off. The guys toweling off the car never get everything and the ragtop really dripped for awhile outside, but got to say, the top is sealed well and no leaks!!!

Think that the top is good to go was worth the $10 right there. I still have another year on the warranty, heck, haven't cracked 10k miles yet.
Attached Images

not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #2
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I call em swirl city... some people swear by 'em though. At the least make sure you have some 303 or ragtop applied to help with the UV protection. Oh and a lint roller works great for the pet hair....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Time for a bag in the river.....
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #4
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
"Good luck" with that, over time.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Driving the car the stopping to towel it off is probably not a good decision, especially if you continue doing it over time. I would have waited for warmer weather before going to a car wash!
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
not
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I call em swirl city... some people swear by 'em though. At the least make sure you have some 303 or ragtop applied to help with the UV protection. Oh and a lint roller works great for the pet hair....

Hello Mr. Tramtwo, howdy do you do ? Long time. Hope New Orleans is treating you fine.

Funny you still lurking aroud here after all the issues you had you with your vert. Only can mean one thing, ANOTHER ONE!!!!! Wish they made the 1LE in a ragtop. You know, you can almost convert over a regular 2SS to a 1LE, only takes time and $$$.

Yes, I do use 303, stuff is amazing. It does need a reapplication after this experiment but will do it before next time I go out. I like to do two applications with 2-3 days and let it really take hold.

And yes, lint rollers rule. I didn't have one so I found some packing tape and wrapped it around my hand sticky side out and that sufficed. Frickin' cat.

Take care buddy, stay in touch!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #7
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I type a very profound reply but tapatalk ate it.... the 1LE has been problem free since DEC of 2012 when I took delivery.... I do miss the vert from time to time....

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
not
Account Suspended

Quote:
I type a very profound reply but tapatalk ate it.... the 1LE has been problem free since DEC of 2012 when I took delivery.... I do miss the vert from time to time....

Understood, dang technology, one power outage and we are back in 1880.

I have heard nothing but good news about the 1LE's. Just met a guy with one, a brand new one, with temp plates. I really like the updates on the 2014 Camaro.......albeit, I like the back tail lights we have pre-2014. But the 2014's tail lights look better in person.

However, the 2014's new front lights, fenders and carbon scoop for the SS is pretty bad ass.

In other news, what say you on the new Stingray? Wow is all I got to say. Besides a ragtop, think they have a removable hardtop. I am waiting for the next year or two, think a Z06 or something like that coming out. And after a couple years of production, that car will be bullet-proof...we hope.

I hope I need not trade in my Camaro to make it happen, time will tell.

Peace out!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:27 PM   #9
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If your car is protected by a sealent or a wax you can go to the booth and just use the pressure washer with there water and it will most likely blast your car good and clean and don't have to worry about there soaps stripping your wax.

Im done using there soap or auto washes they strip everything off your car and then stuff tends to stick and embed itself into the paint without wax on there.

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #10
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:

Excellent! It's always good to see you here!
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #11
not
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Excellent! It's always good to see you here!
Ditto!