Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #71
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
no worries Chris... take your time and do it right the first time.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:38 AM   #72
drummer5679

Drives: 2005 Infiniti G35
You should scrap the spoiler and make a kit to modify the rear end to those tail lights in the original design instead. >.>
drummer5679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #73
fastfaster
Account Suspended

Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
where's my carbon fiber one?
keep me updated
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #74
Spine Tingler
MOVN BONZ

Drives: 2007 Freightliner Sport Chassi
Quote:
Originally Posted by camchris View Post
UPDATE:
We are finishing the design ideas for the people who have the oem holes on the trunk. The designer is working on a creative idea for it

Thanks for your patience!
Great, thanks for the update. Very interested to see the final outcome.
Spine Tingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #75
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
i don't like it
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #76
2010CamaroOutlaw

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange-prince View Post
i don't like it
No one said you had to buy it
2010CamaroOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #77
camchris

Drives: 2010 yellow
Ok everyone, here is the FINAL update.

We looked this one over real good and I mean REAL good.

There is no real cost effective way to cover the darn holes for my SS brothers or all those with factory holes. It will just be too ugly and weird.

You will just have to get the fills and blended paint.

Now to the next question... and it is important so please respond!

Who (please respond to thread) is in if we still make this wing the way it is. (without a way to creatively cover the holes)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #78
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

***facepalm***

I will not be purchasing this if you sell it the way it was originally designed. It looks good but, not covering the factory holes is a big NEGATIVE. Not when I can go out and get a different spoiler (for cheaper) that does cover the holes. My original thought was that you'd add a couple pillars (standoffs) so you'd have 4 of them instead of 2. I assume that the pillars are made individually and added to the spoiler section. Just put on 4 instead of 2. Done deal. Or, the other option would be to make the spoiler with a base that mounts to the deck lid. The cheaper of the two options would be to add the pillars, I'd guess. I look at it this way, if you have to charge a little more for materials then so be it. It's going to cost another $100-$250 to get the holes PROPERLY filled and painted so, if it costs an extra $50-$100 in materials to have the spoiler cover the holes then, ok I could probably live with that.

Otherwise, I'm OUT, if you aren't going to be covering the holes.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #79
camchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
***facepalm***

I will not be purchasing this if you sell it the way it was originally designed. It looks good but, not covering the factory holes is a big NEGATIVE. Not when I can go out and get a different spoiler (for cheaper) that does cover the holes. My original thought was that you'd add a couple pillars (standoffs) so you'd have 4 of them instead of 2. I assume that the pillars are made individually and added to the spoiler section. Just put on 4 instead of 2. Done deal. Or, the other option would be to make the spoiler with a base that mounts to the deck lid. The cheaper of the two options would be to add the pillars, I'd guess. I look at it this way, if you have to charge a little more for materials then so be it. It's going to cost another $100-$250 to get the holes PROPERLY filled and painted so, if it costs an extra $50-$100 in materials to have the spoiler cover the holes then, ok I could probably live with that.

Otherwise, I'm OUT, if you aren't going to be covering the holes.
Well, the holes are soo close to the edge of the trunk that it would be really hard to keep the design and push it back. with 4-6 peds. I am thinking about making a skin to go over it.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:33 AM   #80
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

A skin might work... Something that you can paint the the color of the car that will blend in. Just have to make sure it's water sealed. A bead of RTV should take care of that. How many holes are there for the factory SS spoiler? If you could post or pm me the specs of the rear deck with hole placement (or even a picture) as well as for this spoiler... I could try and help figure something out and offer my suggestions.

Quote:
Well, the holes are soo close to the edge of the trunk that it would be really hard to keep the design and push it back. with 4-6 peds. I am thinking about making a skin to go over it.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #81
CamaroVision

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT/RS
I would like to see it made. Yes please.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #82
camchris

Ok, just so we all know,,,the firebreather company has mailed us a letter stating to not use their images and name in the production of our wing. And of course we will comply which is why the thread name is changed and their images removed (however I will update this thread shortly with newer images and design strategies.)

<For legal purposes> Viniati USA has no need/desire to 100% replicate another facilities product. We are for demonstration purposes we were using images found on this site (not in production) simply looking to improving on a design and function of a wing that is similar to the one found for production units.

We reserve the right to freedom of speech and creative design/thinking through this thread and those like it and have not or will not attempt to sell this product as a 100% replication of another through viniati.com.

IDEAS is what is being stated here that we intend to make a reality. IDEAS and none that we have seen been produced yet. These are ideas and written requests made by a community of camaro owners not by any company in particular ( we are just facilitating their requests)
Old 01-26-2011, 06:25 AM   #83
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I kinda figured this would happen eventually. I like the looks of the original design but, it can be made much MUCH better. Thank you for taking the time to actually listen to the community in efforts to make a BETTER spoiler a reality. Let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Ok, just so we all know,,,the firebreather company has mailed us a letter stating to not use their images and name in the production of our wing. And of course we will comply which is why the thread name is changed and their images removed (however I will update this thread shortly with newer images and design strategies.)

<For legal purposes> Viniati USA has no need/desire to 100% replicate another facilities product. We are for demonstration purposes we were using images found on this site (not in production) simply looking to improving on a design and function of a wing that is similar to the one found for production units.

We reserve the right to freedom of speech and creative design/thinking through this thread and those like it and have not or will not attempt to sell this product as a 100% replication of another through viniati.com.

IDEAS is what is being stated here that we intend to make a reality. IDEAS and none that we have seen been produced yet. These are ideas and written requests made by a community of camaro owners not by any company in particular ( we are just facilitating their requests)
Old 01-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #84
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroOutlaw View Post
No one said you had to buy it

its my opinion and they wanted our opinion's why r you upset
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote