Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #29
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
"NoMaam" - hahahahaha..

And no worries. She knows tomorrow is "my" day. I plan to drive all day and well into the night. The only thing I'll come home for is to post pics and vids here on Camaro5.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #30
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Hello Everyone,

First, thanks to everyone who put up with (or ignored!) my rants over the past 3 months. I take back everything bad I said about GM....

My car Vin 1080, 2SS/RS Silver) finally arrived at my dealer this past friday. He was covered in pre-inspection dust and gunk but was still the sexiest car in the lot.

Special thanks to CAMARO RICK. He knew exactly where my car was this week and accurately tracked it from Oshawa to my dealer. (As a final stab, my dealer told me last week to expect delivery in JULY, and GM said "It's on hold". Sigh...)

To thank Camaro Rick for actually HELPING me I promised to give him a call once I pickup my car and drive over to his home or work and shake his hand. (We'll take some pics and post them here). When he gets his Camaro we'll definately get together again for more pics, and hopefully some cold beers shared with a new friend.

So the car arrived on Friday but as it was Friday, the dealer-prep procedure could not be finished until Monday. IT FIGURES, but it didn't matter that much...

I got in the car. My 6'3" 190lbs body fit perfectly inside it. Lots of headroom, and lots and lots of legroom after a quick adjustment. The seats (leather) are the nicest I have ever tried. (I hope they feel this good after long drives).

When I fired it up I was REALLY surprised. Did it start? Oh wait I hear it.. the new Camaro is SO QUIET! No kidding, I had to open the door to properly hear it and even then it was much more quiet than I expected.

Before anyone scoffs at this, hear me out. I replaced the exhaust on my Trans-am with a "loudmouth" system and I HATED it. It was so damn loud and "rude". 1 Week later I swapped it for something better of course. Today I really appreciate low noise inside the cockpit and I think once you try it, you won't miss the ROAR of other less refined cars...

Anyway, I FINALLY pick it up on Monday. I plan to take lots of pictures and video and will post them all here.

If you are still waiting for your Camaro, like everyone else here has said, Don't give up - your car will come soon, and it is definately worth the wait. (I'm saying all this and I haven't even driven the thing yet..!)

Cheers!
Congrats!!! How can I get in touch with "Camaro Rick?" My car is literally MIA...thanks.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #31
camarorick

Drives: .
Excellent Can't wait to see it Mark

Now just to let everyone know, the information I got was through a friend who is a dealer in the States ( I'm from Montreal ). The information is from the car hauler that can be accessed by ANY dealer in North America. My friend gave me temporary access, by giving me his user name / password. I promised I would not abuse the privilege, as he told me that if I start scanning continuously, someone on their end would see that there's some abuse going on, and that his user name would show up, he would get in trouble, possibly FIRED, etc...... so PLEASE... PLEASE no PM's and no requests ( I hope you guys understand ).

Well, my car has been dispatched from Oshawa too, and should be in tomorrow , so it looks like there are going to be two SIM 2SS/RS with CGM striped Camaros running around Montreal !!!!
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #32
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Hello Everyone.... !!

This may be a long post - sorry in advance, feel free to skip ahead.

First, 1000 "sorry's" to GM. You'll find out why in the end.

MINE ALL MINE!
Yes, I FINALLY TOOK DELIVERY OF MY 2SS/RS ! And let me tell you all, the car is STUNNING. It is a perfect machine in every possible way. I am more happy with this than any purchase I have ever made.

TIME SLOWS DOWN WHEN YOU BUY A CAMARO:
The car arrived last Friday but dealer prep couldn't be done so I had to wait until today, and let me tell you, the wait was painful. Even at the dealer, it took FOREVER. The salesman (Jacque Tardif) was excellent as he handled all the paper work, but was a litttle slow on the keyboard (I type at 180 keys per minute!). After that they walked me through the repair center (who cares?) and tried to sell me some service options like discount oil coupons (who cares?) and then some other things (who cares who cares who cares? I just want my car!!)

NO DEFECTS:
I spent about an hour looking for defects and could find none. The trim is perfect. My brakes have those weights attached but that was the only "fix" I could see. I also noticed the fix for the battery cable problem was done. All painted parts perfectly match (Silver Ice Metalic). The CGM Stripes were already installed and are perfect as well.

AM I GOING DEAF?
I started the car and it was SO QUIET. Like the other day, I opened the door just to hear it. Let me clarify that. It's QUIET when its at IDLE. It's something else when its moving. More later.

WANT SOME TRIM?
I took the Orange accent trim (sorry I forget the code at the moment). I had no idea how it would look with a silver car and black interior, but I am REALLY glad I got it. (My guages are blue however, which I love). At first touch everything feels "plastic" but still solid. It is too bright outside to see the interior lighting but I'll check it out and report on that later.

THE ENGINE:
It looks, well, perfect. It has silver/grey covers on both sides, not black as some other cars seem to be getting. I wasn't sure what color mine were supposed to be but it really doesn't matter.

MEET THE JETSONS:
While waiting for the paperwork, I turned on my cellphone, and the Camaro paired with it no problem. Not only can I make and receive cellphone calls from my car, but it sounds FANTASTIC. A big surprise was how well others could hear me. All 3 calls I made, each told me I was loud and clear, with no background noise at all, even with the windows down.

The dealer had setup my OnStar account. When I pressed the OnStar button a woman with a great voice answered "Hello Mr. Prince! Congratulations on your new Camaro! How can I help you today?". Um... WOW... !! Having never even played with Onstar before I was thrilled.

HOW EMBARRASING:
I started the car and enjoyed the near silence. My sales rep is with me and offers to buy me some gas. I put it into 1st and let go of the clutch and BAM! I stalled it! The clutch on this car is either heavier than on my T/A, or I have a weak left foot from driving automatic for the past year.

MEN ARE FROM MARS. WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS.
I am now on the road and EVERYONE is looking at me. I feel like some kind of movie star. People are turning their heads and pointing. Let me clarify that. GUYS are turning their heads and pointing. GIRLS don't seem to care. (Dayum..).

THE RIDE:
I take my time driving it. It feels fantastic, but softer than I expected. The engine ROARS when you step on the gas but calms down the rest of the time. The handling is beyond words. Even though it feels softer, I feel completely connected to the road. I wish I could describe this better to you, sorry!

When really gunning it, it feels fast, but you can feel the computer slowing things down on you to control things such as wheel spin, etc. I have not tried the various modes yet but I plan to soon.

I also decided to stop paying attention to the various controls while driving because I had not 1 but 2 near misses. One with a pickup truck, and another with some kind of emergency vechicle which had a loud siren, but darker strobes. (It wasn't a police car, ambulance or firetruck. No idea who he was or what his emergency was but he almost hit my new camaro that dweeb! anyway..)

So : Why 1000 Sorry's to GM? Besides making an awesome car that I am completely happy with, I found out today that I qualified for a GM Loyality Program, and they gave me $1000 Cash Back!! WOOO FRACKIN' HOOO !!!!!!!

I'm now off to pickup my GF and grab a camera. Pics soon..!

Thank you Camaro5 peeps and especially to CamaroRick - you are the F'n MAN.... Tell your wife that you have to go "meet someone in person that you met from the Internet" and let me buy you some beers sir...

Cheers all!
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #33
camarofreak1989
Mustang Killer

Drives: 1995 camaro V6 stock
awesome, im still a little over a year off from getting mine. Funny to hear about that "mishap", I am probably going to get a manual, but as I have only driven honda sticks (civic) I was wondering how it compares. I would hate to have a "mishap" of my own.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #34
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorick View Post
Excellent Can't wait to see it Mark

Now just to let everyone know, the information I got was through a friend who is a dealer in the States ( I'm from Montreal ). The information is from the car hauler that can be accessed by ANY dealer in North America. My friend gave me temporary access, by giving me his user name / password. I promised I would not abuse the privilege, as he told me that if I start scanning continuously, someone on their end would see that there's some abuse going on, and that his user name would show up, he would get in trouble, possibly FIRED, etc...... so PLEASE... PLEASE no PM's and no requests ( I hope you guys understand ).

Well, my car has been dispatched from Oshawa too, and should be in tomorrow , so it looks like there are going to be two SIM 2SS/RS with CGM striped Camaros running around Montreal !!!!
We completely understand and respect your situation. By the way, congrats on having your car dispatched.