Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-22-2011, 05:06 AM   #15
boomskeet

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT - Cyber Gray
Send a message via AIM to boomskeet
the only old bimmer i would take over my v6 camaro is a E30 M3, FREAKING SICKKKK

all my mods done by myself and borrowing friends' tools

Performance:
flowmaster AT axle back exhaust

Cosmetic:
Matte Black Grand Sport stripes, Matte Black Powder Coated 18" stock rims, Matte Black Rear blackout panels, Matte Black Tinted rear lights, Carbon Fiber DiNoc emblems, Carbon Fiber DiNoc rear light surround bezels, GTS headlight black outs, Street Scenes rear spoiler, Decepticon gas cap

AKA The "Decepticon" Camaro
boomskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
This kid will not regret his decision. I suspect he pretty much gets whatever he wants and he'll move on to the next "newer, bigger more popular..." The shame of it is it seems like the family is trying to create a story book scenario by giving the grandson a family heirloom, a car that will mean something more than a way to get to point B. I also suspect the grandparents had only girls or the one child, because if I were the kids uncle...I would have piss-pounded him into the future.

This kid is the definition of ungrateful. IMO
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #17
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Just the fact that he sold a car that clearly meant a lot to his grandfather says a lot to me.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksVSix View Post
Youth is wasted on the young.

He'll regret it later....I can't believe, however, that his parents didn't stop him. At least the Mustang is more than likely in the hands of a far more derserving and appreciative owner.
OMG,,,,,, This post is awesome.

First, the quote of youth is wasted on the young. Well put. Never heard that but it's soooooooo true. Take it for granted. Ugh.......

Second, I was thinking the same thing. Where the hell was 'dad' at. My son would have never done that. Even if it was his and not mine. I'd have threatened him.

'Son, if you trade that Mustang for that BMW, find a new place to live.'
Old 06-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
Just the fact that he sold a car that clearly meant a lot to his grandfather says a lot to me.
Grand Torino the movie comes to mind.

And I'd like to leave my 1972 Gran Torino to my friend Thao Vang Lor. On the condition that you don't chop-top the roof like one of those beaners, don't paint any idiotic flames on it like some white trash hillbilly, and don't put a big, gay spoiler on the rear end like you see on all the other zipperheads' cars. It just looks like hell. If you can refrain from doing any of that... it's yours.

- Walt Kowalski

(Gran Torino)

Old 06-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #20
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Grand Torino the movie comes to mind.

And I'd like to leave my 1972 Gran Torino to my friend Thao Vang Lor. On the condition that you don't chop-top the roof like one of those beaners, don't paint any idiotic flames on it like some white trash hillbilly, and don't put a big, gay spoiler on the rear end like you see on all the other zipperheads' cars. It just looks like hell. If you can refrain from doing any of that... it's yours.

- Walt Kowalski

(Gran Torino)

Brilliant!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #21
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
that kid will end up hating bmws shortly too. No way half of the electronics in a 90's BMW are still working... And if they are, they were recently replaced and will break again in a few years. All 3 co-workers I knew that bought 2000 or newer BMWs complained about electronics breaking within the first few years. And on top of that 2/3 said they'd never buy BMW again because of it. Funny.

I'm still pretty young, but "youth is wasted on the young" is pretty true. Have you ever thought to yourself. "If only I knew then what I know now?" I say that all the time. Thankfully I finally learned how to appreciate what I had while I had it in college. So all my youth wasn't wasted.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #22
duffman

Drives: 67 firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
This kid will not regret his decision. I suspect he pretty much gets whatever he wants and he'll move on to the next "newer, bigger more popular..." The shame of it is it seems like the family is trying to create a story book scenario by giving the grandson a family heirloom, a car that will mean something more than a way to get to point B. I also suspect the grandparents had only girls or the one child, because if I were the kids uncle...I would have piss-pounded him into the future.

This kid is the definition of ungrateful. IMO
you dont know how right you are. the kid lives by himself with his mother but she,s a huge envromentlist hell she litterly comes to the school picking every pieace of garbage off the ground saying it all recyclable. im surprised she didnt force him to get a prius or some other hybrid
duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #23
Shifty 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman View Post
you dont know how right you are. the kid lives by himself with his mother but she,s a huge envromentlist @#!*% she litterly comes to the school picking every pieace of garbage off the ground saying it all recyclable. im surprised she didnt force him to get a prius or some other hybrid
I do you one better....that kid has never heard the word "No" in his life. Mom is too busy being buddies with her kid.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #24
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Even as a Chevy guy, I can appreciate a classic Ford. That kid deserves his hard-to-maintain, broken so-called luxury car instead of his classic Mustang.

Let's not blame the mom. She might be a little off-balance, but how many moms are encouraging their kids to get rid of an heirloom for a beater? She had nothing to do with this. That kid played too much Need For Speed and wanted the M3 that he played so many races to win in the end. He's going to put some huge wing on it, get a craptacular paint job, and finish it off with some form of forced induction that'll have him crying when he blows his motor. In the end, he gets a Civic with a cardboard body kit, and his grandfather rolls over in his grave.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #25
Shifty 6

In those infamous words...Let me be clear, I am not dumping on mom because she recycles, Im dumping on mom because she won't parent. I guess I made the assumption the kid was still in high school. If that is the case, having a car regardless of whether it was a gift or not, is not a human right. Mom could have said, 1. you aren't trading the car, 2. if the classic mustang isn't good enough for you, then you won't be needing a car period.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #26
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Guys...look up the '67 Crusher Camaro that Hot Rod built - buying it out of a Unical crush-a-thon where they buy old cars and crush them completely intact in order to obtain carbon credits so they can pollute. The guy was selling a '67 Camaro 6 cylinder that he bought new FOR SCRAP because his son did not want it. He wanted a Nissan! The guy was taking the Camaro to it's death because his kid wanted a cheap plastic car.

People are strange.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #27
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Just remember this, "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!"
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote