Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #155
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Michael, I really don't mind if someone is pulling faster times then me or get to 400 n/a mark first, I do it all in the name of fun Plus I like sharing my work with cool peoples on here such as yourself. Everyone around me are mostly import nuts(STi's, Z's, big fart cans..) and can care less for a 6cy camaro lol, which make me want to accomplish my goal that much more. I know some peoples here get a little too emotional and get mad, jealous, and angry then start acting like they have a skirt on, I won't say any names but I'm sure they know who they are.
Everyone on here should thank you for taking the time to try this.

thank you
Old 11-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #156
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Michael, I really don't mind if someone is pulling faster times then me or get to 400 n/a mark first, I do it all in the name of fun Plus I like sharing my work with cool peoples on here such as yourself. Everyone around me are mostly import nuts(STi's, Z's, big fart cans..) and can care less for a 6cy camaro lol, which make me want to accomplish my goal that much more. I know some peoples here get a little too emotional and get mad, jealous, and angry then start acting like they have a skirt on, I won't say any names but I'm sure they know who they are.
haha very true, but im pulling for you to be the first though since you have put so much time and hard work into this and we are very thankful for your dedication and hard work. like blood said you deserve a thank you for all this otherwise we may not have gotten this far or it would have still been years down the road before this would have been done or thought of. So from me thank you alot

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #157
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I may have missed it but where can I buy the Mace cold air intake insulator and High Flow's stage 3 ported intake manifold?
Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #158
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Camaro V6 LS View Post
+1 Thank you

I may have missed this but what is the cost on the ported intake?
d.dochterman@mchsi.com you can get in contact with the man himself. I kinda got yelled at by posting prices by the popo's lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
What time and where are you going to dyno tuesday?
Same place, SRT. Either monday or Wednesday after 4pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
damn mach...you're an optimistic one ain't ya? between the manifold and the spacers....I'm guessing 20-25ft.lbs
I think so too, but I might of have gotten just a little more around 3-4k rpm. There's just absolutely no way I can keep traction even with all my nannies on and my fresh p zero's when the roads are 80% dried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
haha very true, but im pulling for you to be the first though since you have put so much time and hard work into this and we are very thankful for your dedication and hard work. like blood said you deserve a thank you for all this otherwise we may not have gotten this far or it would have still been years down the road before this would have been done or thought of. So from me thank you alot
Thanks! And everyone else who has been cool and hater free. Maybe one day soon we all can meet up in person and have some fun. Maybe at the new c fest if they do decide to have it in east coast?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #159
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Jay, we definitly should all meet up! Dont remember where the next fest is but last time was a mission so I didnt go. Hope this time its a little close for us canadians
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #160
bmorecam
Account Suspended

It would be great to actually meet up with some of you guys off this forum and have some real life fun. I am planning to do next fest so when the time get near maybe we all can come up with something. An LLT meet up or similar.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #161
2011 Camaro V6 LS

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6 LS
Quote:
d.dochterman@mchsi.com you can get in contact with the man himself. I kinda got yelled at by posting prices by the popo's lol.
Thank you
2011 Camaro V6 LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #162
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Next fest is near Chicago area. Trying to see if that fits into my plans for next year.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #163
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
It would be great to actually meet up with some of you guys off this forum and have some real life fun. I am planning to do next fest so when the time get near maybe we all can come up with something. An LLT meet up or similar.
Bring that bad boy up to Atco for Black Friday!!! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #164
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I think that's the weekend I will be down va in a caravan with the family, but I did notice you was at MRI not too long ago.

next time you are down this way make sure you hit me up. I went there a few times but never ran down there. Im more of a capital guy since it's only 20min from where I live also.

I seen the thread for black Friday and it look like you guys are going to have a FUN! You are one hell of a rider for driving all those miles just to run
Old 11-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #165
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
I think that's the weekend I will be down va in a caravan with the family, but I did notice you was at MRI not too long ago.

next time you are down this way make sure you hit me up. I went there a few times but never ran down there. Im more of a capital guy since it's only 20min from where I live also.

I seen the thread for black Friday and it look like you guys are going to have a FUN! You are one hell of a rider for driving all those miles just to run
Yeah, was at MRI... was a private rental... buddies from a Mustang group... Was great time with old friends... One guy came in from Texas! The track prep at MIR was FANTASTIC! DA was crazy, like -1200! Unfortunately we had a very heavy HEADWIND! ARGH! Did have a GREAT 1/8th but the headwind killed my 1/4 ET! ARGH!

Flex is 2.5 months old... almost 10,000 miles... LOL!

and to keep on topic... man, insulators... hmmm... the manifold on the Flex gets crazy HOT and stays that way for HOURS!!! hmmm...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #166
bmorecam
Account Suspended

The other day I went and hit the back twisties. It's about 15 miles total with lots of hard turns and straight ways, running wot about 80% of the time in 2nd and 3rd, as soon as I reached the end of the line and pulled over to check the manifold boy was I was shocked to feel that the manifold was still cool like I never even turned my engine on. My IAT also stay within 1-2* from the displayed radio temp. This combo is better then I had expected. I feel like I am in a brand new car each time I get in and drive. Not sure if the benefit from the spacer and increasing the runner is a universal theory but if it work on your flex as it work now on my camaro then you will love it! I would like to try to go another 12mm over top of my already 23mm and see what the result will look like. I made a proposition to mace to test an insulator even bigger but they don't seem too interested

MRI is awesome. It would of been even more so if my first run there would have been with one of you guys, but I tell you scrming, I couldn't do what you do putting all those miles just in the name of 1/4 mile You certainly do live your life a 1/4 mile at a time.. oops, I meant to say thousands of miles at a time
Old 11-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #167
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Head wind? That's why they call it a "drag" race, no? Dooooooooh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Yeah, was at MRI... was a private rental... buddies from a Mustang group... Was great time with old friends... One guy came in from Texas! The track prep at MIR was FANTASTIC! DA was crazy, like -1200! Unfortunately we had a very heavy HEADWIND! ARGH! Did have a GREAT 1/8th but the headwind killed my 1/4 ET! ARGH!

Flex is 2.5 months old... almost 10,000 miles... LOL!

and to keep on topic... man, insulators... hmmm... the manifold on the Flex gets crazy HOT and stays that way for HOURS!!! hmmm...
Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #168
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:

Same place, SRT. Either monday or Wednesday after 4pm.

I think so too, but I might of have gotten just a little more around 3-4k rpm. There's just absolutely no way I can keep traction even with all my nannies on and my fresh p zero's when the roads are 80% dried.

Thanks! And everyone else who has been cool and hater free. Maybe one day soon we all can meet up in person and have some fun. Maybe at the new c fest if they do decide to have it in east coast?
yea that would be cool i may actually be back in ohio when that happens so ill be alot closer to c fest

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote