Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #29
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
This is how it is listed:

If you want a little more out of your LS3 engine, meet this dynamic duo of CNC-ported heads and high-lift camshaft. This kit pair can increase the power of the LS3 engine in your Corvette to 470-plus hp and 440 lb-ft of torque. Developed by Chevrolet Performance engineers as a direct replacement for the factory-installed heads and camshaft (tuning required), with 276 cc intake runners and 2.165-inch/1.590-inch valves.

The camshaft makes the most of the heads’ generous airflow attributes, with .591-inch/.591-inch lift and 211°/230° duration at .05 inch and a 121° lobe separation angle. This kit fits other LS-family engines with at least 4-inch bores. Contents include the camshaft and fully assembled cylinder heads. Head gaskets (P/N 12610046) and cylinder head bolts (P/N 17800568) must be purchased separately.

It does not say tune included.

Also take a look at this link on the GM performance page. The parts that do not void warranty have the yellow circle in the upper left corner that says Doesn't Void Warranty. The head and cam package does not show this.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-parts.html

Matt
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #30
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Matt, I agree with you on this. Also, someone find me a dealer that does a tune and will keep the warranty.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #31
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Has anyone heard when this kit is going to be released?

From the 2013 Chevy Performance Parts Catalog:

LS3 High-Performance Heads-and-Cam Kit* NEW

Increase the power of the LS3 engine in your Corvette or Camaro SS by 40 hp with Chevrolet Performance’s high-performance heads-and-cam kit. Developed by Chevrolet Performance engineers as a direct replacement for the factory- installed heads and camshaft (tuning required), the kit includes our CNC-ported LS3 cylinder heads, which flow more than 350 cfm (intake side), with 276cc intake runners and 2.165”/1.590” valves. The high-lift LS7 camshaft makes the most of the heads’ generous airflow attributes, holding the big valves open so the engine and process more air. This kit fits other LS-family engines with at least 4.000” bores. Contents include the camshaft and fully assembled cylinder heads. Head gaskets and cylinder head bolts must be purchased separately.
Is it REALLY only 40hp more, or are they being conservative on purpose here?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #32
kayer32

Drives: White 2014 1SS 1LE
I'm not sure about the tune but I spoke with a GM rep yesterday about a supercharge as well as the cams and they basically said as long as you get a gm part and let a gm dealer install then the warranty is in tact. If you think about it that would makes sense. If they produce and install that part and don't warranty them that's kind of a red flag. I'll need to call and ask about the tuning though because as we all know as soon as you re-tune the warranty goes out the window.
kayer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:46 AM   #33
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
40hp?

lol.. I went from 390-510 Chevy can keep that.

Night Fury..
Lol... must of been a real generous dyno for 120 increase from a cam!
1BLWN/LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:37 AM   #34
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayer32 View Post
I'm not sure about the tune but I spoke with a GM rep yesterday about a supercharge as well as the cams and they basically said as long as you get a gm part and let a gm dealer install then the warranty is in tact. If you think about it that would makes sense. If they produce and install that part and don't warranty them that's kind of a red flag. I'll need to call and ask about the tuning though because as we all know as soon as you re-tune the warranty goes out the window.
I asked the service manager at a local Chevrolet dealership, and he said they would do the work, but voids the warranty. So, I went with a cam install elsewhere.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #35
kayer32

Drives: White 2014 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
I asked the service manager at a local Chevrolet dealership, and he said they would do the work, but voids the warranty. So, I went with a cam install elsewhere.
Now I'm really curious as to why your guy said it voids the warranty. I called a different dealer in my area just to double check a few minutes ago and he assured me that any gm parts installed by a GM dealer retains the warranty. He even told me that they would get the tune done so that you won't have to go elsewhere which obviously would void it. I'm in the middle of making this decision myself I'm just looking for some actual numbers to see if the 40 hp is conservative number. Need to know if this is a worthwhile upgrade. I like to know that if something breaks they fix it.
kayer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #36
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I talked to two local dealers and both had the same stance. We can install the parts but you will need a tune which will void your warranty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #37
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayer32 View Post
Now I'm really curious as to why your guy said it voids the warranty. I called a different dealer in my area just to double check a few minutes ago and he assured me that any gm parts installed by a GM dealer retains the warranty. He even told me that they would get the tune done so that you won't have to go elsewhere which obviously would void it. I'm in the middle of making this decision myself I'm just looking for some actual numbers to see if the 40 hp is conservative number. Need to know if this is a worthwhile upgrade. I like to know that if something breaks they fix it.
His guy said it voids the warranty because it does. GM warranty's a car, not the dealership. And when your dealership does a tune on your car, the OEM tune will no longer be there and it will appear to GM just as everyone else's tuned cars appear. So maybe you get lucky and if there's a problem, your dealership takes care of it for you and fools (defrauds is a better term) GM into believing that the repairs in question should be covered under the GM warranty, but that's the only shot you have. Take it to another dealership, or if your problem is one that GM sends a regional rep out to take a look at, and you are screwed. As soon as they see that tune their, you are done.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #38
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
The dealer knows if they tell you it voids your warranty you will probably not do it.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #39
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Get the new cylinder heads installed and let us know the results. Quit worrying about the warrant and just do it !
Old 03-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #40
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Yeah....anyone who brings up warranty in this thread again, I think that I will scream.

To the warranty dudes here, tell the dealer to put it in writing, then move on.

Otherwise pay to play.

Let's make this thread about playin.

40HP....conservative figure or reality?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #41
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Yeah....anyone who brings up warranty in this thread again, I think that I will scream.

To the warranty dudes here, tell the dealer to put it in writing, then move on.

Otherwise pay to play.

Let's make this thread about playin.

40HP....conservative figure or reality?
+1....Warranties are for sedans and grocery getters .....
Not from any experience with this kit or anything but I'm betting conservative! I'm guessing 40-60 to the wheels...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
1BLWN/LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #42
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Hot off the presses.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349523