Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
PRODUCT REVIEW: ADAMS TURBO STICK

So after some time of wanting to try out the turbo stick from adams, I was at a local shop here in Colorado that sales Adams supplies and I saw one for sale so i pulled the trigger.

At first inspection I noticed that the material was pretty good, the actual stick was sturdy. The cloth arms were very good material, but I was worried that they would scratch my rims...so I proceeded with caution once the wash came about.

I was very excited to use the stick and even bragged about it to my fiance...she gave me the regular and went about her way. I noticed some light dusting on our cars so that gave me every inclination to wash haha.

So finally got to it...NOTE: I began the review of product on my fiances truck first, as I mentioned earlier that I was worried how the cloth would slightly scratch my rims.

I first gave the rims a quick foam squirt just to let some of the dirt run off, then got my rim bucket and tool and then rinsed.

I did notice that with the stick attached to a drill, you can get waay back in the rim and clean and losen the grime and dirt.

I did notice that I was able, with the turbo stick, to even lightly clean the brake calipers in hard to reach spots. Mix that with a light spin and you can pretty much clean anywhere in the rim area.

If you notice in the pic with My car that I have another tool to clean rims but I keep that to cleaning the service and some cracks and such. This combo works great.

PROS: Easy to use, works incredibly good with drill. It can get into hard to reach places within the wheel area.

CONS: Can splatter everywhere if used with a drill. So make sure that when you turn it with drill, make sure your inside the wheel area.

Overall I must say that I did not notice any scratches from the stick (although when I spun it with the drill, I went kind of light) and it is great for getting in those hard to reach places especially on the inside of the rim and even in front of the brakes.
Attached Images

Last edited by seanjhon; 07-14-2016 at 08:32 AM.
seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote