Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
Parapdrapa

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Cool My review of tsp

Well I feel it is my responsibility to the camaro5 community to share my results of tsp mods I have on my ride so everyone can make an educated decision on what parts they buy. Overall I am very pleased with my results, mods are:
-magnaflow 2.5 comp catback
-tsp 1 7/8 t304 headers.
-tsp underdrive pulley kit
-tsp cold air intake
-tsp 229/236 cam kit
-ls6 ported oil pump

Car was tuned at RPM in garner nc. It drives very well, infact other than below 1250 rpm it drives like stock just much faster. I was really hoping to cusp 470 hp as my n/a goal of 500 hp seems a bit far fetched at the moment with only heads left. But I did dyno in 91 degree heat with high humidity. I did not want a cam that just gave me a big number but lacked anything below 5k rpms.

Overall I spent about 1900 dollars with tsp selecting their products. I speculate I could have gotten a FEW more ponies with bigger name headers and a different cai. But honestly another 900 dollars for 10 hp seems wasteful for any family man on a budget who has a wife and kid to think about.

Cost to hp ratio I give tsp 10/10
Overall quality I give tsp 9/10 only because of the "drunk" welds on my headers lol.
Customer service 10/10 although I am still waiting on my free tsp tshirt... Jason.... :-)

I look forward to purchasing my prc heads in 20,000 miles!!!

A+ job tsp!

Future mods: new diff gears, vmax tb, mgw shifter, heads, and some suspension work to Get this power to stick.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Parapdrapa; 08-02-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Trying to load results image
Parapdrapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
beaSSt 2011

Drives: 2011 SS M6
What did you dyno?
beaSSt 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
Parapdrapa

Trying to load my dyno graph from iPhone with tons of fail occurring. 458 rwhp and 421 rwtq with a great curve!!! 91 degrees
Old 08-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Sounds Good,

The word around here is RPM really knows what they are doing......

you know,a SAFE tune.

They will be doing my tuning when the time comes!
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Very nice numbers!! If you really want seat in the pants fast, do some gears before the heads. You will not be disappointed. I have beaten camaros with higher horsepower with my setup.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
Parapdrapa

That's my plan, I watched ur vid, btw. I want 4.10 but I was strongly advised by RPM to get the AAM 3.90 for the Most reliable set-up. I am torn. I do own a beater so this is not my only ride, but I want something that will last long.

In the words of rpm "sure we can install your gears, but we would recommend buying blah blah". When a shop advises me to do something that give them less labor time I HAVE TO TRUST it is in my best interest. They said very few people can really install diff gears properly for long term reliable operation.

I don't want to spend 1900 on a whole built setup, but I suppose it is best. Gears come next spring.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parapdrapa View Post
That's my plan, I watched ur vid, btw. I want 4.10 but I was strongly advised by RPM to get the AAM 3.90 for the Most reliable set-up. I am torn. I do own a beater so this is not my only ride, but I want something that will last long.

In the words of rpm "sure we can install your gears, but we would recommend buying blah blah". When a shop advises me to do something that give them less labor time I HAVE TO TRUST it is in my best interest. They said very few people can really install diff gears properly for long term reliable operation.

I don't want to spend 1900 on a whole built setup, but I suppose it is best. Gears come next spring.
From the comments, AAM 3.90 would be a better way. You are going to pay for it though. I was lucky to have a real good shop that did a proper install on these Richmond gears. Setup is very important on these.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
freemaSSon
Pat @ ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: CGM SS/RS M6
Quote:
Well I feel it is my responsibility to the camaro5 community to share my results of tsp mods I have on my ride so everyone can make an educated decision on what parts they buy. Overall I am very pleased with my results, mods are:
-magnaflow 2.5 comp catback
-tsp 1 7/8 t304 headers.
-tsp underdrive pulley kit
-tsp cold air intake
-tsp 229/236 cam kit
-ls6 ported oil pump

Car was tuned at RPM in garner nc. It drives very well, infact other than below 1250 rpm it drives like stock just much faster. I was really hoping to cusp 470 hp as my n/a goal of 500 hp seems a bit far fetched at the moment with only heads left. But I did dyno in 91 degree heat with high humidity. I did not want a cam that just gave me a big number but lacked anything below 5k rpms.

Overall I spent about 1900 dollars with tsp selecting their products. I speculate I could have gotten a FEW more ponies with bigger name headers and a different cai. But honestly another 900 dollars for 10 hp seems wasteful for any family man on a budget who has a wife and kid to think about.

Cost to hp ratio I give tsp 10/10
Overall quality I give tsp 9/10 only because of the "drunk" welds on my headers lol.
Customer service 10/10 although I am still waiting on my free tsp tshirt... Jason.... :-)

I look forward to purchasing my prc heads in 20,000 miles!!!

A+ job tsp!

Future mods: new diff gears, vmax tb, mgw shifter, heads, and some suspension work to Get this power to stick.

Thanks for reading

I understand you had all TSP contrived parts but why not recognize the COMPETENT and CAPABLE hands of Ryan and company to whom you had tune it. The calibration is many times as important as the combo. They have held nearly every single LSx record on the books at one time or another.

The cam overlap is the trade you made at the very light throttle side but very barable if only under 1250. TSP along with RPM (Ryan and crew) has held those same LSx records. Seems those two and LMR just hand em off to one another year after year

Very well thought out cost to power balance IMHO!

Quote:

Well the advice they give is well grounded in FACT! I had a set of Micro Polished and perfectly set of 4.10 that RPM Trans setup for me and cratered them on the street. I now have a set of Micro Polished 3.70 GM gears

"There are two types of racers: cheaters...and losers."
Smokey Yunick

freemaSSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Good to hear as I will be visiting Jason @ RPM for an install and tuning magic next week
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #10
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Sounds like a nice combo, the TSP 229/236 is at the top of my list so far.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
TSP is the vendor I will be using for my cam kit when I am ready. I really like their service. Number One in my book.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
Parapdrapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
I understand you had all TSP contrived parts but why not recognize the COMPETENT and CAPABLE hands of Ryan and company to whom you had tune it. The calibration is many times as important as the combo. They have held nearly every single LSx record on the books at one time or another.

The cam overlap is the trade you made at the very light throttle side but very barable if only under 1250. TSP along with RPM (Ryan and crew) has held those same LSx records. Seems those two and LMR just hand em off to one another year after year

Very well thought out cost to power balance IMHO!

Well the advice they give is well grounded in FACT! I had a set of Micro Polished and perfectly set of 4.10 that RPM Trans setup for me and cratered them on the street. I now have a set of Micro Polished 3.70 GM gears
I can't say enough good things about rpm. The tune, the staff, and how they fit me in for the install got everything done sooner than originally planned cause of my schedule. They are great!

This post was just to let people know how I faired with tsp parts because I get the feeling sometimes that people don't like them as much as other companies cause their prices are so competitive. I saved a lot of money because of tsp and I am right where I would be power wise if I spent 800-1500 more with other manufactures.