Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What should I choose?
1SS BRM with Grey intior, hurst shifter and duel mode exhaust 22 19.47%
1SS BRM 1LE with duel mode exhaust 85 75.22%
1LS BRM with SIM rally stripes with Grey interior 6 5.31%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
AllBlckChvy

Drives: Black 2LS
If I had the luxury of my parents helping me out, no doubt I would go with 1SS 1LE.
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I voted 1SS 1LE because you said you could afford the additional initial cost and extra operational cost. One thing to consider is if this will be a daily driver year around and your winter driving conditions. Remember the SS has summer only tires and you should consider purchasing a second set of wheels and all season tires.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #17
Oz ZL-1
Mach 5

Drives: 13 ZL1 IOM #115 87 Grand National
I voted for the 1LE simply for the driving fun you will have in warmer months.
I am not a big fan of the flat black hood though, wish Chevy had body color hood w/stripe options for the 1LE. :(

Congrats on whichever decision you make!!
Oz ZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #18
Npplchamp05

Drives: Jaguar X-Type, Camaro 2ss
Pretty sure the LE1 is going to kill all the others in this poll. Just get the LE1 package with the exhaust you will be pleased.
Npplchamp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #19
Baldwin feeder

Drives: 1986 Chevy C-10 and 2013 BRM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz ZL-1 View Post
I voted for the 1LE simply for the driving fun you will have in warmer months.
I am not a big fan of the flat black hood though, wish Chevy had body color hood w/stripe options for the 1LE. :(

Congrats on whichever decision you make!!
If I get a 1LE removal of the hood wrap will be one of the first mods I do.

This would become my daily driver since my 86 Chevy C-10 is the weekend cruiser and I plan on keeping it that way. I still need to sell myself on the MyLink. Hoping that when I test drive one that has it in it rather than just sitting in it that my current opinion will change.

Thanks again to everybody for participating.
Baldwin feeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #20
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Well , with a degree in Physics , i am sure that you know this one ....hit the iron while it's hot ...good luck with you choice , just too bad it's not a black one .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #21
Mick1

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3
I got both the Hurst short throw shifter and the dual mode performance exhaust on my car. The exhaust looks great and sounds powerful. The Hurst shifter throw is short and precise. I vote for choice #1
Mick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #22
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Well first I don't believe the 1LS is available with myLink so yo would have to get at least a 1LT. Second I don't think the Hurst is available anymore on the 2013's so you'd have to have a search done for one on a lot somewhere.

Now that I've blown the wind out of those sails a 1LE in BRM would be pretty sweet. I also recently made a BRM with CGM stripes on the chevy site and thought it looked bad@$$ Silver would look equally nice.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #23
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would get a 2ss with the dual mode and skip the 1le......The summer only tires...., the wrapped hood, those i live without, rear gears and suspension mods can happen later..........Yet leather is nice and does matter along with other 2ss added options and the price should be close to the 1le........
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I would get a 2ss with the dual mode and skip the 1le......The summer only tires...., the wrapped hood, those i live without, rear gears and suspension mods can happen later..........Yet leather is nice and does matter along with other 2ss added options and the price should be close to the 1le........
The 2SS(or any SS for that matter) come with summer tires too, plus he said he likes a Base Car not one with all the bells and whistles, so I don't think he would even consider a 2SS.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #25
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwin feeder View Post
I have had a 1994 Camaro in the past but had to let her go. I have been saving up since 2009 to buy a 5th gen after I finished school. Now that I have finally graduated with a degree in Physics my father has promised to help me buy a car which of course will be a Camaro. Since I was able to build my own online until last year I continuously built a IBM 1LS with SIM Rally stripes and a grey interior. This is mostly because I am in the vast minority and I like the look of the LS with it's 18in heritage wheels and I am not a fan of the look of the mail slot. I was disappointed when I heard of the discontinuation of IBM but after seeing BRM in person it can be a good substitute for my original goal.

Now that my dad has offered to help I will be able to afford an SS and I am debating on if I still want an LS or not. I like basic cars, I would even love to have crank windows if they were available, thus the new MyLink actually is yet another reason to still go with a 1LS. Obviously now the color scheme for the LS would be BRM with SIM stripes if I go that route but now I have two other possible builds that I am looking at.

So my choices of what I will order in the next coming weeks;

1SS BRM with a Grey interior, Hurst shifter and duel mode exhaust.

1SS BRM 1LE with duel mode exhaust

1LS BRM with SIM rally stripes and Grey interior

Whatever I get it will be manual and without the RS package since I don't like the look of the HIDs and Halo rings (again probably the minority) I am pretty sure I blew the mind of the salesman I spoke to at Bergeys Chevrolet when I told him I was trying to choose between a 1LS and a 1SS. Keep in mind I have spent on average 1 hour a day looking at Camaros or Camaro info since the concept was released so I really have narrowed it down to these 3 choices. A ZL1 would be nice but my wallet isn't big enough for that.

Thank you very much in advance for all of your input and help I always thought I had it narrowed down but now that there are more funds than I thought I am trying to figure out what I should do. I have been reading this forum since 2009 and am more than excited that I will finally get a chance to own the car we are all so passionate about.
2013 SS 1LE victory red NPP not that i have a preference
Attached Images

cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #26
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
1SS 1LE for sure, wish I didn't chicken out when talking to my dad about buying a camarao lol cause then I prob would have an SS (long story)
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #27
Baldwin feeder

Drives: 1986 Chevy C-10 and 2013 BRM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The 2SS(or any SS for that matter) come with summer tires too, plus he said he likes a Base Car not one with all the bells and whistles, so I don't think he would even consider a 2SS.
Thank you! I'm not a fan of all the gadgets that come with the 2SS or the 2LT and I have never been a fan of leather. Perhaps that is why I have been so drawn to the 1LS, I just wish I could get all the power train and suspension upgrades with a plain interior. I know I'm in the minority, especially for somebody my age.

Cornerspeed92 thanks for posting the pic, beautiful car. Since they introduced the 1LE I have been just dreaming of what it would be like to drive one, 3.91 rear gears alone peaked my interest when I first heard about the car.

I just hope I can get time away from work when the dealership is open to test drive the LS and SS and finally see if the SS power and great brakes are enough to discount the 1LS from my mind especially now that I actually have a chance to afford an SS.

My goal btw is for the car to arrive sometime in April so that way the chances of snow and salted roads is as close to zero as can be.
Baldwin feeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #28
Mick1

Drives: 2013 2SS LS3
have you decided on a color?
Mick1 is offline   Reply With Quote