Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 01-14-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
grahak2

Drives: 2021 scatpack challenger 6spd cinna
? for AZ guys others please ignore

Anyone ever go to this. It is about 15 miles from my house. Looks fun.

Wouldn't mind going but have some questions since never done this before.

Sorry if non AZ people open the thread, but I didn't get any response when I had it buried in another thread. Not sure if no interest or no one saw it.

Thanks,
Kevin
grahak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:52 PM   #2
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
I haven't, but I only live about 20 minutes away. I've been looking into the NASA road race events at Wild Horse Pass myself.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:15 AM   #3
grahak2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
I haven't, but I only live about 20 minutes away. I've been looking into the NASA road race events at Wild Horse Pass myself.
Hi,
Yah that looks cool. I wanted to see if I could just do a 1/4 mile straight line first. The fri night event looks good for the casual person.

Looks like the NASA road race would be fun for an experienced person.

This is my DD and don't want to have a chance of messing it up.

I figure going in a straight line should be ok. Anybody else take their DD to the track?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 01-15-2016, 12:18 AM   #4
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahak2 View Post
Hi,
Yah that looks cool. I wanted to see if I could just do a 1/4 mile straight line first. The fri night event looks good for the casual person.

Looks like the NASA road race would be fun for an experienced person.

This is my DD and don't want to have a chance of messing it up.

I figure going in a straight line should be ok. Anybody else take their DD to the track?

Thanks,
Kevin
I hear ya. Mine's my DD also, but I have faith in her.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:25 AM   #5
grahak2

Hi ghosted,

Watched the intro video. Looks like it is a intro level event:

http://www.nasaaz.com/new-driver/get...tarted-videos/

Is that what you were looking into trying?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 01-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #6
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I just want you to know I'm ignoring this post
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:57 AM   #7
grahak2

Moderators, can you please but this in the southwest regional area instead of this az one. It is pretty dead except for my thread and one other.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 01-17-2016, 04:39 AM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Hope to bring CamaroFest back there soon.

Here are the pics from Fest #2

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141297

Old 01-17-2016, 08:05 AM   #9
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
What do you want to know? Raced at WHP many times. $40 to race. Have to pass NHRA tech and they are strict. Typically is is really busy, so 99% of the night is sitting in line. You get 3-5 passes depending on how many people break.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:50 AM   #10
grahak2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
What do you want to know? Raced at WHP many times. $40 to race. Have to pass NHRA tech and they are strict. Typically is is really busy, so 99% of the night is sitting in line. You get 3-5 passes depending on how many people break.
Hi,
Thanks appreciate the info. That was I wanted to know. Do you have to have a helmet. Also if the car is stock and new shouldn't have any problems passing NHRA right? Thanks a lot for the info!

Kevin
Old 01-18-2016, 04:51 AM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Hi,
Thanks appreciate the info. That was I wanted to know. Do you have to have a helmet. Also if the car is stock and new shouldn't have any problems passing NHRA right? Thanks a lot for the info!

Kevin
You won't get on the track without a helmet, but tech should be no problem.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #12
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Hi,

Kevin
Helmet if you run faster than 14.0. No idea what you drive, tires or experience, so you may not need one.

Also depends on car. Several cars these days are fast enough off the show room floor to need a good amount of "safety" upgrades to be track legal.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #13
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Ive never run at wild horse but I go to Tucson Dragway quite a bit. I think it's a blast and you should try it out if you've never done it. There are a lot of first time at the drag threads on here and several other forums that will give you an idea of what to do and expect. But don't worry about down time as mentioned earlier its a great time to talk to others and get advice. Pretty much everyone there would have no problem showing you the ropes. The most dangerous part of going to the drag strip in regards to hurting your car is going to be the launch. More so if your driving a manual transmission but you should be fine with either as long as you don't do something crazy (like rev it up high and dump the clutch or put it in neutral Rev it up and slam it into gear for an auto). The elevation is better at wild horse than it is at Tucson but I've seen stock ss autos only run 14.7 so you may not need a helmet but it wouldn't hurt to pick one up. Just make sure it has a snell rating, I think it has to be 2010 or newer but not sure on the dates. As long as your car is stock, doesn't leak and has good tires you shouldn't have any trouble passing tech. If the tech inspectors are unfamiliar with camaros they may be confused about the ss battery in the trunk. Batteries that have been relocated to the trunk need to have a kill switch on the rear of the car. Since the SS battery is in the trunk from the factory it doesn't need the kill switch because that's it's stock location. You should be fine with basic bolt ons as well as long as you have a helmet. You need special stuff when you add forced induction or Nitrous or once you start running 11.5 seconds or faster.
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #14
grahak2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10 View Post
Ive never run at wild horse but I go to Tucson Dragway quite a bit. I think it's a blast and you should try it out if you've never done it. There are a lot of first time at the drag threads on here and several other forums that will give you an idea of what to do and expect. But don't worry about down time as mentioned earlier its a great time to talk to others and get advice. Pretty much everyone there would have no problem showing you the ropes. The most dangerous part of going to the drag strip in regards to hurting your car is going to be the launch. More so if your driving a manual transmission but you should be fine with either as long as you don't do something crazy (like rev it up high and dump the clutch or put it in neutral Rev it up and slam it into gear for an auto). The elevation is better at wild horse than it is at Tucson but I've seen stock ss autos only run 14.7 so you may not need a helmet but it wouldn't hurt to pick one up. Just make sure it has a snell rating, I think it has to be 2010 or newer but not sure on the dates. As long as your car is stock, doesn't leak and has good tires you shouldn't have any trouble passing tech. If the tech inspectors are unfamiliar with camaros they may be confused about the ss battery in the trunk. Batteries that have been relocated to the trunk need to have a kill switch on the rear of the car. Since the SS battery is in the trunk from the factory it doesn't need the kill switch because that's it's stock location. You should be fine with basic bolt ons as well as long as you have a helmet. You need special stuff when you add forced induction or Nitrous or once you start running 11.5 seconds or faster.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for all the valuable information. I use to travel a lot to Tucson to see rock concerts because they were in smaller venues and I seemed to like the crowd at the Tucson events more than the Phoenix Metro Area. I appreciate all your advice and info and will check out the 1st time at the drag threats. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

Kevin