Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #15
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Do the LED's Light up??
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #16
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Do the LED's Light up??
LED is "light emitting diode", I'm guessing they light up.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #17
Vespula2012

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS/SS LS3
Contemplating these for mine. How "sealed' are they when closed? Is there any "exhaust leak" noise around the butterfly valves?

Also wondering how often I'd have then open... do you find you have them open a lot or is it more of a novelty and rarely open.

I love the concept, but concerned it would lose its appeal quickly and then seldom be used (and that's a lot of cash to have sit idle (no pun intended)).
Old 04-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #18
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespula2012 View Post
Contemplating these for mine. How "sealed' are they when closed? Is there any "exhaust leak" noise around the butterfly valves?

Also wondering how often I'd have then open... do you find you have them open a lot or is it more of a novelty and rarely open.

I love the concept, but concerned it would lose its appeal quickly and then seldom be used (and that's a lot of cash to have sit idle (no pun intended)).
I dont have any leaks coming from butteryfly valves. Since i have the corsa catback exhaust my car was quiet at cruising or low speeds. I mainly got it for beefing up my noise level while still having the option to go back to low exhaust note. Keeps the wife happy, cops, and myself with having this as an option. I recently went down to long beach grand prix event, let me tell you my car got thumbs up and people pointing while cruising or at a standstill next to them. Took my car to a whole different level with these puppies. I keep mine open about 20% or so but open them all the way going to any type of event or at a red light next to other muscle cars and rice rockets

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #19
lbheat

Strongly suggest buying a hot air gun. Took me 30 seconds to heat up torx screw and 1 minute to take it off wiring was cake walk. I love this mod, well worth the money!

Kenne Bell
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
Old 04-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #20
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I ended up just going with the QTP cutouts and turned out amazing!! Much cheaper and zero issues so far. I get thumbs up wherever I go. Just be warned either is crazy loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:07 PM   #21
lbheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
WOT through a tunnel. Do it now! You'll thank me later
Did this. Sounds like a freight train is rolling thru

Kenne Bell
Old 06-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #22
ZL1-PA

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Installed mine - Noweeds is awesome
ZL1-PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:42 PM   #23
reizod

Drives: 2010 Metallic Silver V6 beast
Talking Good post!

What a big help this is....Thanks for helping make my decision to do it. It won't be DIY of course Lol!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #24
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Had mine for years now. They quit working yesterday. And while they were open of course.

It has power so I'm assuming there is no fuse in the activator box?

The box just clicks and nothing happens at the motors. No noise or nothing.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #25
brkntires
Bob

Drives: 2012 2SS Synergy Edition 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSdude View Post
Scott. Thanks for the detailed DIY. Really helped me a lot although I'd like to point out a couple of more things

The torx screws for the seats were T50 and was a major bitch to get out. Even after literally sitting on the wrench and trying to unscrew it , it just would not budge and I had to go out and get me a heavy duty impact wrench to finally get the screws out. With the impact wrench it took me only 3 seconds. So total time to remove those damns screws = 3 hours and 3 secs [2 hours trying to pry the MF*** out with brute force, 1 hour to go to lowes and pick up an impact wrench and 3 seconds to use the impact wrench to get the screws out]. On removing the screws I came across threadlock/loctite or whatever material the factory folks used on almost 75% of the screw.

Another thing I had to do was to chop off parts of the Noweeds button plate to make it a better fit under the seat [see pics on link below]. The stock noweeds button plate just does not fit in all seat positions and is the only bad part of the product. Other than that it rocks .

Just finished my install today so thought I'd add more pics to this thread especially the wiring part which I think lacks good pictures in the instructions [i.e. the part where you need to splice for power]

Here are the pics from my install.

https://picasaweb.google.com/2SSDude...eat=directlink

I just received my NOWEEDS kit and the new button plate matches your finished plate. I love that they listen to customers!
Will start the install this week.

Will add some pics of the modified plate.

2012 Victory Red 2SS Synergy Edition M6
brkntires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:57 AM   #26
brkntires
Bob

Drives: 2012 2SS Synergy Edition 6M
I have installed the kit on my LS3 and have had it on a few weeks and I love it.

Things I noticed about mine and I will need to add some pictures.
The under the seat button mount - plate has changed shape to not interfere with the seat.
I also noticed that now both actuator motors have the wire coming out of the top side to keep it up and out of the way.

The hardest part was trying to cut the pipe with a Sawzall with the car only on jack stands in the garage. So I rented a exhaust pipe cutter. ( that chain with cutting wheels attached to a pair of pliers ), that cut it fast, smooth and it has a nice squared/straight cut. Also I could have added more room where the tape goes ( about 1.5 inches more ) to make it match up perfectly, it has a little gap in the middle of the rear clamp, but it seems to have sealed up just fine.

My only question now is about maintenance. It is already starting to squeak a little on me when opening up. ( not sure what I can use for lubrication that will not just burn right off )

Very top notch work on this product, well worth the money.
NOWeldElectronicExhaustDiverterSystem
NOWEEDS

Bob
Attached Images

2012 Victory Red 2SS Synergy Edition M6

Last edited by brkntires; 03-21-2015 at 03:51 AM.
brkntires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #27
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I was the one who discovered that the plate flexed when you lifted the seat and made it hit that white plastic thing.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  179.8 KB
Old 03-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #28
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Had mine for years now. They quit working yesterday. And while they were open of course.

It has power so I'm assuming there is no fuse in the activator box?

The box just clicks and nothing happens at the motors. No noise or nothing.
Hi PQ , Did you figure out what the problem was? I ask because I'm on year 4 with these on so just wondering whether the end is near. Were the motors toast? Also how often did you exercise the actuators i.e. open/close them ?