Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
XM ripping people off again

signed up for the select plain at a special price after my trial ends on my Silverado. I chose the XM Select because it came with internet radio. It starts today and guess what no internet radio. They changed the plan befor it took effect so now only all access includes internet radio.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
WeflyhereSS

Drives: 2012 Black on Black Camaro 2ss
I've had sirus for a while and only the all acces has internet radio
Old 03-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I just signed up again yesterday at their special rate of $36.00 for 6 months. No way
would I pay full blown retail for XM radio. $6.00 a month I can handle. Made a note
on my calendar to call and cancel by Sept 11 or it goes retail.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
PH3688
Marines are ghey

Drives: A car
Spotify and Pandora is the only way to go. Hell even if you go premium it's still cheaper than XM. XM is a bane of existence.
PH3688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:38 PM   #5
1leWorksforMe

Drives: 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I just signed up again yesterday at their special rate of $36.00 for 6 months. No way
would I pay full blown retail for XM radio. $6.00 a month I can handle. Made a note
I do the same. Hate when I forget to cancel and have to go through the whole ordeal of negotiating again.
1leWorksforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:44 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Damn... that's probably why internet radio that I was expecting never worked.

Edit: My promotional 6 mos for ~25 was up in a couple days so I just called to cancel and they offered me another 6 mos for the same. Now just need to remember to cancel again in Sept.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:25 PM   #7
69L48Z27

Drives: 2015 Z/28; 1969 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH3688 View Post
Spotify and Pandora is the only way to go. Hell even if you go premium it's still cheaper than XM. XM is a bane of existence.
Can't get Stern to on those. Once he's gone you'll see Sirius XM take a big hit IMO.
69L48Z27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
They just sent me a ad in the mail for 5 months for $20. You need to negotiate with them when your time comes to renew.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
You and I just did the exact same thing and I just did my calendar reminder too for Sept 12th. Only difference is mine was only 5 bucks a month including taxes.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 677
Size:  14.5 KB

This will be a full year for 60 bucks for me which is about all I will spend on it as well. They guy kept asking me why I was canceling and I told him 5 times it was because I had to call on the phone to make changes and couldn't subscribe to a plan online. For some reason after the trial there is no way you an just go online and cancel so I just let him talk me into another 6 months. Now I must remember to call before the 12th or get hit with a big bill.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #10
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1leWorksforMe View Post
I do the same. Hate when I forget to cancel and have to go through the whole ordeal of negotiating again.
I also pay the additional $2.00 for not using my credit card. I pay by mail
with a check so they don't have my CC number.
Old 03-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I also pay the additional $2.00 for not using my credit card. I pay by mail
with a check so they don't have my CC number.
Smart man..
Old 03-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
they did the same thing to my dad. when his free trial was ending he sighed up for a plan with internet. when his free trial ended and the new plan took over no internet and he had to pay more. Im just going to call them monday and tell them were they can go.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
they did the same thing to my dad. when his free trial was ending he sighed up for a plan with internet. when his free trial ended and the new plan took over no internet and he had to pay more. Im just going to call them monday and tell them were they can go.
When your free trial has ended sign up for the 5 bucks a month promotion for 6 mos, then do it again when that promotion ends.

Otherwise, yeah... they can pretty much stick it.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #14
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I hate the a-holes, the screwed me out of over $500. I told them I wanted my service cut off and they asked why and I told them I was putting my car in storage. My wife pays all of the bills so she just kept paying the monthly XM charge on my credit card. It took me over 8 months to notice they were charging me when I happened to look at the credit card statement. I called them and said I told you to turn off XM and for some reason you are still billing me for it. The XM guy said that when I told them I was putting my car in storage that they cut service for 4 months and then they automatically
turn it back on! I told him the only reason I told them I was putting the car in storage was because they asked me. I didn't want XM turned back on ever.

I asked for my money back because I had not even tried to turn on XM all of that time. Then I remembered that I went to XM on accident one time and I didn't have the service so I went out to my Camaro and check, sure enough I didn't have XM in the car! I told them that XM had never been turned back on in my car. The guy said wait a minute....now try it. So I go to the car and sure enough it works. Then he says "Is there anything else I can help you with?" I said YES you dufus, I want a credit for 8 months that I didn't eve know you turned XM back on.....and it wasn't even on in my car until you just turned it on.

He switched me to his manager and I told him everything, he offered a deep discount for XM if I wanted to renew it. I told him I wanted my 8 months back and he told me that wasn't going to happen. Well I started yelling about how they are crooks and everyone hates them, they are a-holes, ect. He actually listened to all of my yelling and just said "Thank you for being an XM customer and have a good day" and then hung up! WTF! They stole from me and wouldn't do a damn thing about it!!
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote