Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #29
camaroaarp

Drives: 2010 White LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Last weekend, at an outdoor dinner party, an old lady backed into my parked car. 20 people watched it happen, 20 more saw her apologizing profusely as we exchanged insurance info. I was polite, even let her know I wasn't mad, wasn't upset... these things happen. She told me she would take care of it, blah, blah, blah.

Sorry, no pics... not that interesting, just some bent/ rippled/ creased plastic on my rear bumper... $800 worth.

The hosts of the party know her well... they said, "Oh, she's a really wonderful, honest person... she is a straight shooter, nothing to worry about... she will do the right thing... she's super sweet..."

So... I violated my OWN policy, and did not call the cops, gather witnesses, contact info for them, statements, or call in air strikes. I figured her insurance would cover it, we'd be golden. For the love of Pete, she's a dusty- haired old granny... didn't feel right to go full on offense in order to cover my bases.

However... as soon as the ol' bat got home, the story changed. Her insurance is denying my claim, because, not only did she NOT hit my car, but, even if she did, she did not see any damage anyhow.

So... looks like I'll eat this one.

Word to the wise... unless you want to pay for other peoples' mistakes, cover your bases... every single time. Honesty goes flying out the window on the drive home from any "clear cut" collision.
Sweet little old ladies used to be young pains in the ass. Don't trust anyone. EVER!
camaroaarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #30
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Screw the old bitch...

Find a witness that was at the party and pass the info to your ins. co. They will fight with the other ins. co on your behalf.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #31
1sicss

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
how did her insurance co. think you got her info, if she didn't give it to you and why would she give you her info if she didn't do anything
1sicss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #32
ryan's camaro
Taeng

Drives: Fast
Same thing happened to me in my Camaro.
An old lady back up into the rear of my car, creased and dented my bumper.

People these days.......
Old 07-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #33
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Here in Omaha, the cops won't come to a property damage accident unless an injury is involved. I take photos of the cars and damage as the incident happened, a photo of their driver's license, and a photo of their insurance card. Call my agent immediately to let him know what happened, then contact their agent to find out what they're going to do about it.
That is great advice.

It's the responsibilty of your insurance company to deal with the other parties insurance company. Keep calling your agent and stay on top of things.

Good luck.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #34
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
So why not call the police and see if they would send someone to file a report .....since you had so many witness' to prove she backed into you
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #35
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10BlkSS View Post
what a bitch
Old 07-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #36
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Sounds like you are screwed . That really sucks . I have had things like this happen to me and it just burns me up . I would keep trying with the insurance company but I doubt they will pay . Perhaps down the road her car can have an unfortunate mishap because some brake fluid got on her paint . Perhaps a little payback is in order ....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #37
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
ALWAYS call the cops and get a report and with names of any witnesses. A year ago someone rear-ended me the couple stated they didn't want to exchange addresses or anything. Must have had other advice, but then called the cops and said I hit them, and hit-and-run. That is a criminal misdemeanor, not an automobile infraction, but criminal. So it cost me $2000 in lawyer fees and agreed to a $100 fine for not admitting to anything, which is bizzare on its own, but in the end, I should have called the cops. Top it off, no damage to either car and no injuries.

$2,100 lesson learned, damn it.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #38
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Just file a case against her in court, it's only like $75 and you will get it back when you win. Her case is weak, all you need is one unbiased witness and pics of the damage. Plus her story in court will probably be..."I think I hit his car, but I don't believe there was any damage.

Make sure you sue for the 25% per year that your insurance will go up too.

One she receives her summons, her insurance company will call you then, because she will call them bitchin'

You did the wrong thing, but it can be fixed.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #39
badcompany

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2SS
sux for you man, but most of the time the ins. company requires a police report regardless of what happened to be able to claim vehicle accident.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #40
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
What about the host who knows her so well and told you she's cool? Maybe he can tell her to "put out" (mind out of the gutter boys)

Sucks to be the trusting type these days!

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #41
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
ALWAYS call the police.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #42
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Make the claim on your insurance and tell them everything that happened including names and phone numbers of your witnesses. I gaurantee they will go to her insurance for rembursment and the claim will not go against you.

My car was hit in the rear almost a year ago when my GF was driving. The insurance companies initially said it was 60% my GF's fault so it was on my insurance. 3 months later I got a check in the mail from my insurance for half the deductible explaininig they had taken it to subbrogation and it was found to be 50/50 fault. The other driver had to pay half. That was with one witness, no pictures. You said you have several witnesses. My repairs were $3000 and my rate went down on renewal the next month after the claim.