Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way about us. We are open to suggestions and there have been a number of changes and additions to the site as a direct result of member input. However, implementing every single suggestion made simply won't work.

I'm not sure why you take issue with the ZL1 section. There is far more ZL1 discussion going on than convertible discussion, and this was happening while it was known as the Z28 too. Now, if there was an LS specific area, but not one for the 'vert I would completely understand.
And I (we) are not sure why YOU take issue with having a section on the convertible! And isn't the ZL1 just a coupe with a supercharger????? Can't you just talk about it under the "forced Induction section"?? Oh wait, it also has MRC so you better make a sub-forum for that as well.

I am not the only one to make the suggestion for a convertible forum MULTIPLE times by many members here. It is a total pain in the ass to try and keep up where all the discussions and questions about the convertibles are. There are multiple other forums that have limited traffic; at least give it a try. At least the Convertible is a reality, unlike the the ZL1 or Z28 that wasn't until a week or so ago. Better yet, how about getting rid of "Camaro Motorsports Discussions", thats had a total of 77 threads in 2 years, nd using the space for convertibles. We promise not to ask for a sub-forum for the V6 and V8 models.

I cannot see any reason for NOT having a separate section. I know I'm being more than a little sarcastic, but ya gotta admit I have some valid points.

Last edited by pony; 02-20-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #16
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I can't agree more. I have to search convertible every day to see if there is something new. But to find out if the z28 is coming back and if there are any more false rumors about it I just have to go to one spot.
Yes there is some posts going on in the ZL1 but have you been over to the ordering section ? The place is alive with vert conversation !
Come on the vert is different from the rest even motor trend thinks so ( not that I really believe Them). Do us a favor and at least try it ! If it doesnt work take it down.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #17
united1

Drives: slpzl585vert.
that's true you have to go to the ordering section for any new info on the vert, and if you post anything anywhere else all you hear is how the coupe people don't like how the verts look or there too heavy bla bla bla.... so could we have our own section please or do we have to call in the troops.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #18
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
there is no point to have a vert section come on guy's don't be childish
both coupe & verts share the exact every thing ( but the roof )
and about the sections there is no coupe section there is some sections for v8 & v6
any way im sure that the MOD's well do the right thing ( no vert section :p )
Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #19
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Obviously you haven't read any vert postings from fbodfather or others. There are significant changes to the support structure that effect aftermarket mods. I for one would like to know if my cat back exhaust will need to be modified because of changes to the tunnel brace??? I don't think this is childish, I think it's kind of smart!
Like any thing else on this forum, if you don't like it don't go there.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #20
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
I'm in for a separate 'vert section.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #21
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Obviously you haven't read any vert postings from fbodfather or others. There are significant changes to the support structure that effect aftermarket mods. I for one would like to know if my cat back exhaust will need to be modified because of changes to the tunnel brace??? I don't think this is childish, I think it's kind of smart!
Like any thing else on this forum, if you don't like it don't go there.
For starters, like you and many others have said- please give us our own forum! I currently have (7 I think?) Active vert threads I started and another 5-7 more from.others in my "subscription" section... and there's more popping up.multiple times a day! Not only are there vert specific questions/discussions, but it gives us a chance to meet other ppl who share our passion for the Camaro.Convertible, specifically!!! If it were the same.as the hard top- why'd it take two addiional years of engineering to develope!

And like your post- I've asked numerous times for clearification on the exhaust issue... I got a lot of helpful.insight, but no definitive yes or no (reference current cat backs fitting the vert.) Based on the majority of educated responses saying "probably" and Late Model Restorations agreeing to a full refund if it doesn't fit; I went ahead and ordered my American Thunder cat back... which shipped this past Friday! .... which all vert owners would know, had we had our own section!!!!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #22
Stork21

Drives: '11 Blk 2SS/RS Vert (Lilith)
Count me in for the 'Vert section. I have a gut feeling 'if' problems arise when we start taking delivery it will be hard to weed through the threads for others with the same issues.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #23
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I would not mind having one as well. It's not like I will stop visting the other sections as I like seeing what everyone else is up to with their coupes. It would be nice to have the vert information in one place.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #24
dcfan22

Drives: '11 2LT RS 'vert Camaro
Yes to Vert specific section. Would be very helpful especially when they start delivering them to us! Pro/Con, mods, issues, stories, etc.... Unique to the Vert.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #25
modawg2k

Drives: Topless 2SS/RS IOM
I agree with having its own section. There are a lot of unique qualities that we vert owners could benefit from having one section. As pointed out, currently we have to go searching all over for the vert chatter. Most of the information that we get on the vehicle comes in the tracking section. And heaven forbid something positive comes up in the general forum, it brings out many non-vert fans and their haterade, which I'm tired of reading about.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #26
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by modawg2k View Post
I agree with having its own section. There are a lot of unique qualities that we vert owners could benefit from having one section. As pointed out, currently we have to go searching all over for the vert chatter. Most of the information that we get on the vehicle comes in the tracking section. And heaven forbid something positive comes up in the general forum, it brings out many non-vert fans and their haterade, which I'm tired of reading about.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #27
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Add another vote for a Vert section.
I also wonder whether the exhaust system will need to be different. I know on my 68 convertible it needed to be different due to bracing issues.
Will a supercharger fit the engine bay bracing?
Folks will come up with hints on storing covers, wind deflectors and other items.
Please bring us a convertible section.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #28
Starminder
Savant

Drives: 2011 Vert 2SS/RS CGM
+1, please add a Vert section.

11/29/2010 - (1100) Order Placed
01/28/2011 - (3800) Order produced
03/01/2011 - (4200) Shipped
03/16/2011 - DELIVERED

View my Garage

Closed Thread