Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #169
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
Wait until that whine develops into a loud, supercharger-like whine in every gear. That's what I had, without the benefit of a supercharger. Ford place refused to completely fix the issue. The car shifted great but it's a bit disconcerting to have the engine noise drowned out by the transmission.
Lol mine did the same thing. It started whining in 2nd gear at 4k and by 19k it was so loud it did sound like a blower. The difference is, as soon as i took it in, they took the car and gave me a new trans without issue, even with all my mods.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #170
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
I looked at both, both good. The Camaro's styling is spectacular, show car cool. The Mustang is a rental car in comparison - that's what the wife said...
I've heard the Mustang being called a "secretaries car" ever since the first ones started showing up on the streets, but this is the first I've heard "rental car".

No matter, sometimes (and maybe more so for folks who aren't particularly extroverted) there is value in that which is less "showy".

It's all good, when your choice is for your own "right reasons".

Norm
Old 11-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #171
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Lol mine did the same thing. It started whining in 2nd gear at 4k and by 19k it was so loud it did sound like a blower. The difference is, as soon as i took it in, they took the car and gave me a new trans without issue, even with all my mods.
Lucky bastard lol. My dealer did "repair" the trans but two days later it was back to them with the same issue as before. Then they refused to fix the car. Said my aftermarket parts (intake) voided my warranty. I told them point blank they were full of shit and walked off. Called the wonderfully nice lady at Ford Corporate and told her exactly how I felt about that specific dealership. She said she was gonna have to back up the dealer but my concerns were noted. I told her that I was of no concern to Ford anymore because I was no longer interested in their bullshit and lies.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #172
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
So you modded your car, it broke, the dealer refused to warranty it and Ford is in the wrong? Is that what your saying?
Old 11-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #173
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
So you modded your car, it broke, the dealer refused to warranty it and Ford is in the wrong? Is that what your saying?
I didn't think a CAI usually voided a warranty unless it came with a tune.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #174
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Sounds like the complaint is more like the dealer tried to fix it once, more or less failed, and then refused to rework something that they already had a hand in. That the ensuing conversations apparently weren't very diplomatic in tone certainly didn't help.

Norm
Old 11-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #175
Lou_Dorchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Sounds like the complaint is more like the dealer tried to fix it once, more or less failed, and then refused to rework something that they already had a hand in. That the ensuing conversations apparently weren't very diplomatic in tone certainly didn't help.
And especially if he talked to them like he talked to me. Being polite sometimes works wonders. Over the years I've had people cut me breaks they shouldn't have just because I was polite to them.

If you acted to them like your acting here I'm not surprised they didn't try to help you out. You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #176
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I've heard the Mustang being called a "secretaries car" ever since the first ones started showing up on the streets, but this is the first I've heard "rental car".

Norm
The "secretary's car" referred to the V6 model, since it was affordable by secretaries at the time and looked cool too.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #177
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
^lol best response I've ever seen. I agree, a CAI has nothing to do with the trans. They should have fixed it regardless. I got a tune on my car, and if it causes damage then I'll deal with it, but if my a/c fails or the water pump goes, there is no reason why Ford shouldn't fix it under warranty.
Quote:

Norm
Exactly.

Quote:
First off, please dont curse other members.

Second, it's common knowledge that when you mod, you're gambling. I've always modded my performance cars, but one thing I do is I get about ~10k miles on them before I start. That way if something is defective it will likely have broken while the car is still stock and the warranty will cover it. You've heard the saying, "You gotta pay to play", right?
Quote:
And especially if he talked to them like he talked to me. Being polite sometimes works wonders. Over the years I've had people cut me breaks they shouldn't have just because I was polite to them.

If you acted to them like your acting here I'm not surprised they didn't try to help you out. You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.
First off, I'm not cursing other members, I'm cursing you.

Second off, I never did the first thing to the trans. Never replaced the clutch or even so much as glanced at the trans. The car had a cold air intake and a Boss intake with a tune done by a very reputable tuning shop. I made specific mention that they not touch the transmission settings when they did the tune. The only thing that they changed with the tune was the engine workings.

I understand very well that you have to pay to play. I've been there and done that with performance cars for years. I break it, I buy it. I didn't break the trans. I'm not gonna buy it.

As for how I acted at the dealership, I didn't lose my temper until they told me that yes, they had repaired my car once but no, they would not fix their faulty repair now that it hadn't worked like it should. That pissed me off royally and yeah, I lost my shit right there in front of them. Did it fix anything? No. Did I feel better afterwards? Oh hell yes.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #178
Lou_Dorchen

So it's ok to curse me? We're all adults here, I'd appreciate it if you acted as such. You dont see anyone else here cursing others.

So now we know you tuned the car. When you tune any car you void the engine and drivetrain. It's common knowledge. You put parts (and the tune) that gave the car more hp and torque than it had stock. The transmission was designed to work with the stock motor. Once you modded the motor, you took a risk. You lost. Then you blew up at the dealer and are all upset they didn't help you.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #179
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Drives: 2016 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
I didn't mod the transmission aXXhole. Don't even start that shXX here.
You're out of line, calm down please. If you disagree with him, fine, say so. And go from there ...

Quote:
So it's ok to curse me? We're all adults here, I'd appreciate it if you acted as such. You dont see anyone else here cursing others ...
No, it's not ok for him (or anyone else) to curse you.

I don't know if he was having a bad day or something, but that kind of behavior is unacceptable.

Quote:
... a CAI has nothing to do with the trans. They should have fixed it regardless. I got a tune on my car, and if it causes damage then I'll deal with it, but if my a/c fails or the water pump goes, there is no reason why Ford shouldn't fix it under warranty.
You're not living in the real world. If a dealer sees a mod (any mod) that could give them reasonable cause to be suspicious there might be more.

And everyone knows that pointing out the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is just the beginning of a battle with a dealer, not the end.

Because all the dealer has to do is deny the claim and say "sue me". At that point, the owner has to spend $$ to challenge the claim against the dealer/manufacturer to fight their corporate lawyers.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #180
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Drives: 2016 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Wait until that whine develops into a loud, supercharger-like whine in every gear ...
Quote:
... mine did the same thing ...
That's what a warranty is for.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #181
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 IngotSilver 5.0 View Post
You're out of line, calm down please. If you disagree with him, fine, say so. And go from there ...

No, it's not ok for him (or anyone else) to curse you.

I don't know if he was having a bad day or something, but that kind of behavior is unacceptable.
I'm never surprised at the amount of people that believe there is a such thing as an inherently "bad" word. absurd. OK you dont like "curse" words dont use them. I'll be damned if anyone will ever control what I say.

Your only real argument is that it is against forum rules...so instead of going off the deep end talking about curse words and responding to the guy, simply click report and a mod will handle it. JMO
Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #182
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
I'm never surprised at the amount of people that believe there is a such thing as an inherently "bad" word. absurd. OK you dont like "curse" words dont use them. I'll be damned if anyone will ever control what I say.

Your only real argument is that it is against forum rules...so instead of going off the deep end talking about curse words and responding to the guy, simply click report and a mod will handle it. JMO

IBTL

Closed Thread